[Android] Total Screen Control (updated on 12 April)

Search This thread

swee08315

Jan 25, 2010
Cleveland
The system starts to count most of the battery usage consumed while this app is in use as power consumed by this app.
I see the same problem when I use screeble, because this app is affecting the brightness, it counts the battery ussage towards the app even if it might actually be saving you're battery

Edit:
darn, that was supposed to be a response to a quote, but I guess I didn't hit the quote button and didn't pay attention.
oh, well.
great app

muntos

Aug 16, 2009
Screenshots taken from my Galaxy S phone.
This usage is normal when using ScreenOn Lock feature due to constant orientation sensors pooling.
Without this option enabled, the battery use should be below 1%.

Attachments

• screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 250
  • screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 227

muntos

Aug 16, 2009
I have bought today the app cause the trial was over and it is a great app. No battery drain issues. Runs stable.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Thanks Dirk! Please help by rating and commenting it on Market.
For all people, if the application doesn't work or has bugs on your device please do not negatively rate it before contacting me and try solve the problems.

muntos

Aug 16, 2009
28/02/2011 - Ver 1.6
New feature:
"Bright Light Detection", automatically disable Screen Filter based on Light Sensor readings when bright light is detected.
Useful when Screen Filter is enabled and the phone is used under direct sun, this feature will temporally disable the Screen Filter if the light threshold is passed.

muntos

Aug 16, 2009
Hello guys, no need for you to worry, there is nothing wrong with the application, I'm the worried one because Google in his great wisdom have blocked my publisher's account because one of his customers (developer) has violated some copyrights terms...
Ok, this is nothing wrong here, but how about the other developers (including me) that were publishing through the same publisher and haven't done anything wrong, why also we to suffer ?
And that the thing to be complete, Google also disabled my publisher account without any notice, and also the Trial version of Total Screen Control is not any more available.
I'm very upset on this approach, now I and my publisher wait a God sign from the mighty Google...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would like to take the opportunity given by XDA forum and share with you my application, named "Total Screen Control".
    I would be more than happy if I will receive through this thread opinions, features requests, bug fixes requests, new ideas, anything that could improve the application.
    Thanks !

Total Screen Control

Total Screen Control is an application for setting the Brightness Level, Screen Filter, ScreenOn Lock and Rotation Lock preferences individually for any application installed on your phone.
    Allows you to apply a filter that dims the brightness below minimum value so your eyes don't hurt during night viewing. Very useful in low light conditions especially on AMOLED screens where even the lowest brightness value is still bright. Also can save a lot of battery combined with ScreenOn Lock based on phone orientation!

More features:
    - Screen Filter/Privacy with schedule and brightness slider for fine control !
    - Dynamic Screen Filter based on phone's light sensor! Forget about classic auto-brightness, switch to Dynamic Screen Filter!
    - Screen Filter Bar for easy and cool control of Filter dim
    - ScreenOn Lock based on phone orientation! Keeps the screen on as long as you use your phone! SAVE BATTERY also!
    - ScreenOn Lock, Brightness level and Rotation Lock individually for any app
    - Option to disable softkey backlight (not working on all phones)
    - Tasker/Locale plugins !
    - Notification icon on Status bar with all needed information
    - Up to 5 configurable Screen Filter Presets
    - 3 Widgets for easy access
    - Configurable preferences, alerts
    - Start at boot

Does your eyes hurt you when reading or playing before bedtime ? Enable the Screen Filter
    Tired to get the screen off while reading your eBook, browsing on Web or playing? Setup the ScreenOn Lock
    Want to set the brightness or rotation individually? Configure them with Total Screen Control
    For all these this application is for you!

Changes log:

12/04/2012 - Ver 2.4.2
    - Added option to manually input a value for Light sensor when using Dynamic Screen Filter
    - Increased the list for dynamic levels to 10 items (from 5)

10/04/2012 - Ver 2.4.1
    - added option for changing text color in notification status bar
    - few bug fixes

26/02/2012 - Ver 2.4
    - Tasker/Locale plugin for ScreenOn Lock event !

22/02/2012 - Ver 2.3
    - Tasker/Locale plugin for Screen Filter settings !
    - "Install button fix" option. Enable it only if you can't press Install button when installing an aplication.
    - To come: Tasker/Locale plugin for other Total Screen Control features (eg ScreenOn Lock)

28/01/2012 - Ver 2.1
    - Enhanced Softkeys backlight module. Turn off softkeys when screen filter value reach a configurable preset value
    - New Softkeys off detection method (Root devices)
    - Fixed first detection method,now it will work on supported devices. If not,select another method or contact me.

19/01/2012 - Ver 2.0
    - Added NEW FEATURE: Screen Filter Bar - Control Filter dim with a swipe of you finger in any application you're in!
    If you like this feature check Total Screen Filter which allows more customizations !
    Check video for demo of this new feature

- Redesign of the application interface
    - ICS compatible
    - Various code enhancements

02/12/2011 - Ver 1.9.3
    -Redesigned Screen Filter Schedule to be more intuitive
    -Better performance when using Dynamic Filter
    -Fix bug in Screen Filter Presets

11/10/2011 - Ver 1.9.2
    Added option to delay Screen Off after the ScreenOn Lock is released.

07/07/2011 - Ver 1.9.1
    Added option to select the interval Total Screen Control checks what application is visible and apply configured options.
    Useful for those who want a better response time in changing the configuration but also for those who don't use settings per individual application by increasing the checking interval and by this achieving a lower battery usage.

26/06/2011 - Ver 1.9
    *** New feature ***
    - Option to disable softkey backlight when Screen Filter is enabled (not working on all phones)

Changes:
    - Removed brightness popup window when brightness is changed

18/06/2011 - Ver 1.8
    *** New feature ***
    Screen Filter Color - allows you to change the color of the Screen Filter !

20/05/2011 - Ver 1.7
    New feature !!
    *** Dynamic Screen Filter ***

With this option you can configure Screen Filter levels based on phone's light sensor! Assign for every light sensor value a value for the Screen Filter !
    Forget about the inexact auto-brightness option of your phone and enable Dynamic Screen Filter for better control of your phone's brightness!

28/02/2011 - Ver 1.6
    New feature:
    "Bright Light Detection", automatically disable Screen Filter based on Light Sensor readings when bright light is detected.
    Useful when Screen Filter is enabled and the phone is used under direct sun, this feature will temporally disable the Screen Filter if the light threshold is passed.

14/02/2011 - Ver 1.5.1
    Fixed Android 1.6 compatibility

07/02/2011 - Ver 1.5
    Added option to disable Global Screen Filter for certain applications (e.g. you want Global Filter enabled but for Video Player or Messaging you want it disabled).
    Just go in Application Tab/Brightness Icon and configure this feature for what application you want!

29/01/2011 - Ver 1.4.2
    Added No Movement Detection in ScreenOn Lock based on phone orientation feature. Allows to set the time after that the ScreenOn Lock will disable if the phone was not moved.
    Various enhancements in phone orientation detection algorithm.

Download: trial version valid until 06.02.2012
    you might wanna say if its for android or winmo in the thread title

Thanks, I have only Android in my head, I didn't realize that it could be also for other platforms :)
    >< ~~ I also have already purchased the app before ..

I still did not get any update mail.Any solution??

Hi, I don't have the emails of the buyers so please send me an email and I'll send you the update.
    Hi I like that app very much....it is allmost perfect.
    One thing is a bit strange....lets say I have set the screen timout to 30s. As long as I hold my phone in the range your app prefents the screen to go off everything is fine but if I am out of range it goes off directly. I woud have suggested that it than goes off after those 30s. Lets say your moved your phone by exident out of range you dont want that the screen goes off directly without a chance to move it back.

Thanks for the app!

Correct...:)
    Noted for next release ;)
    The screen filter bar sounds great, but doesn't seem to work on my droid incredible 2.
    Absolutely nothing shows up, no matter what settings I choose. Am I missing an important step?

Have you updated to the latest available version on Market ? Initially I released a version from old sources that didn't work, but last night I put the correct version that should work.
    Also don't forget to click on Enable Screen Filter Bar option.
    Let me know how if it worked.