[15-9][4.1.2][JB:CM10:PA] PARANOIDANDROID [2.54-2] & PACman [v17][JB:CM+PA+AOKP:AiO]

Search This thread

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
[15-9][4.1.2][JB:CM10:PA] PARANOIDANDROID [2.54-2] & PACman [v17][JB:CM+PA+AOKP:AiO]

header2o4u65.png

Sense 4 styled clock app here

PARANOIDANDROID for HTC Desire v2.54
- please read following info to keep this thread clean and the unnecessary questions away-

Details:
  • Fully Source Compiled
  • Based on Evervolv Sources
  • & CM 10.0.0
  • & AOSP 4.1.2r1
  • & PA v2.54

Features:

Not Working:
  • Camera/Video Preview is a bit laggy (taking/video rec works - use 3rd party apps)
  • Video playback is flickering sometimes
  • 3g drop sometimes, (hot)reboot and it's fine, should be fixed in 2.50
  • USB/Bluetooth Tethering -> Use this app for USB & this for WiFi tethering!
  • FM Radio, use 3rd party app [SpiritFM]
  • MTP, PTP (thx /=\lex)
  • You tell me! (I couldn't find more)

Thanks & Donations:
  • to nikez:For his great work on this great device!(And allowing me to use his work :good:)
  • Please visit at least his Homepage and click on one of the ads to support him
  • to Cyanogenmod:For the best Android Tweaks and Modifications, great ROM
  • to Evervolv:For their continuous efforts to support older devices, this team mainly makes everything beyond 4.x possible!
  • to molesarecoming / Team Paranoid & to D4rKn3sSyS / Team Paranoid: For their great additions to CyanogenMod
  • dk_zero-cool for M2SD and Bexton for AROMA Gapps
  • To those who donated, thanks a lot! TW1954
  • To everyone who helped me improve the ROM: YodaDaCoda, Masteq etc.

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• CWM: YOU NEED TO FULLWIPE IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM BEFORE
  • FASTBOOT: Make sure you are on Stock HBOOT or flash from alpharev.nl
  • CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download ROM
  • CWM: Install Zip: AROMA GApps [if you flash gapps before rom booted please don't tick Nova Launcher option!]
  • CWM: Wipe Cache Partition
  • CWM: Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings
  • Install A2SD Script: Open Terminal and type "su" and "a2sd install". Best configuration is Y to dalvik, N on data, followed by Y

phoneeqfrj.jpg
phabletneise.jpg
tablet7wd3j.jpg
undefined9ye1s.jpg

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

P A Cman for HTC Desire v17.0.0
- please read following info to keep this thread clean and the unnecessary questions away-

Details:
  • Fully Source Compiled
  • & CM 10.0.0
  • & AOSP 4.1.2r1
  • & (PA v2.52)
  • & AOKP Milestone 1

Features:
  • CyanogenMod 10 Settings
  • ParanoidAndroid Settings
  • AOKP ROM Control Settings
  • T-Mobile ThemeChooser
  • True Hybrid Mode by PARANOIDANDROID [info]
  • Change Layout & Size of every app [info]
  • Beautiful new ParanoidAndroid 2.x+ Wallpapers
  • paranoid-rom.com
  • DSP Manager & Apollo Music Player for best audio quality
  • Themes and Goodies

Not Working:
  • Camera/Video Preview is a bit laggy (taking/video rec works - use 3rd party apps)
  • 3g drop sometimes, (hot)reboot and it's fine
  • USB/Bluetooth Tethering -> Use this app!
  • MTP, PTP (thx /=\lex)

Thanks & Donations:

Instructions
  • CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download on my Homepage
  • CWM: Install Zip: AROMA GApps [if you flash gapps before rom booted please don't tick Nova Launcher option!]
  • Check out CM Settings and AOKP ROM Control
  • Install A2SD Script: Open Terminal and type "su" and "a2sd install". Best configuration is Y to dalvik, N on data, followed by Y

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
Mods:

* Touchwiz, please read how 2 install and see some pictures.

*Android 4.2 Camera, Keyboard & Clock Widget, more recent version here

* USE ALL THE ANDROID 4.2 APKs!! thread here

* Full Android 4.2 System dump, Wallpapers, Sounds,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

twitter-android.jpg

@woh_
#ParanoidScreen
#ParanoidScreens

Last edited:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
What's working what's not?

Not Working:
[*] Background seems to reset sometimes
[*] Camera does not show up in Drawer (it works! Make a shortcut to the activity via Nova Launcher to see)
[*] Camera/Video Preview is a bit laggy (taking pictures/recording video works)
[*] Not completely tweaked, Launcher not at it's limit I hope :p
[*] You tell me! (I couldn't find more)

Sent from my HTC Desire

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
My review of this ROM ;) :

First off I have done everything written in the instructions (I only installed newer armoa gapps)
bootanimation looks good, except one frame is white...
The I had the first graphical issues in setup of country etc. The text and the icons were sometimes overlapping. But after the setup the text in launcher and apps was normal again.
At first the launcher, especially the app drawer, were a little bit slow and the cpu frequency was a long time on 998mhz. I used smartassV2 so the frequency was lower when I don't do anything

I changed some options (only workspace and user interface, which defines workspace UI + apps default UI) an rebooted, since then there were graphical issues ll the time in launcher:
in appdrawer only 2 rows, really large icons, the clock only shows one hand, the search field is partially black...

I don't know what I did wrong, I try to reinstall and keep the normal settings, then I only change the settings for each single pp, I don't know what I did wrong :/

Despite that I'm lucky that someoe tries to continue (restart) the development/port of Paranoid to our Desire :)

Edit: I could change the workspace options without any issues, just the user interface options made problems...
Edit2: and I would appreciate it If you could use another search app instead of the one installed, it has Android 2.x style and doesn't fit that good to the new look of Android

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
bootanimation looks good, except one frame is white...

I'm aware of that, not an issue to me so far

The I had the first graphical issues in setup of country etc. The text and the icons were sometimes overlapping. But after the setup the text in launcher and apps was normal again.
I changed some options (only workspace and user interface, which defines workspace UI + apps default UI) an rebooted, since then there were graphical issues ll the time in launcher:
in appdrawer only 2 rows, really large icons, the clock only shows one hand, the search field is partially black...
I don't know what I did wrong, I try to reinstall and keep the normal settings, then I only change the settings for each single pp, I don't know what I did wrong :/

I thought this one was already sorted out, go to Settings -> Launcher, play around, go back, problems should be fixed.

Edit2: and I would appreciate it If you could use another search app instead of the one installed, it has Android 2.x style and doesn't fit that good to the new look of Android

Google Now should replace that, I'm not attracted by this app either, PA includes it by default

Thanks for feedback

janko:)

May 4, 2012
Warszawa
Kinda silly question.. is it the same base as nikez jb rom?

Edit: Tried the rom and this REALLY need A LOT of work to be even usable. I had the same problem as the one above with the wierd fonts and stuff + the phone started up in something like phablet mode (font sizes, setting with two columns etc.) but after changing workspace to tablet ui it changes to a phone mode... WTF?! i really recommend to work on the next version before posting it on the forum
Edit2: Oh, and there's no lock screen :)

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
Ok, update guys, got a few more things improved/fixed:

- newer kernel
- camera app shows up in drawer

Discovered errors causing wallpaper reset [mainly Nova Launcher, Trebuchet seems to be fine, but Nova can't recieve permissions to read Trebuchet's settings]

Please visit nikez.nu and click on one ad to support him!

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
I'm aware of that, not an issue to me so far
Yes you're right, it was just what I noticed :eek:
I thought this one was already sorted out, go to Settings -> Launcher, play around, go back, problems should be fixed.
Sry, I didn't notice it in your FAQ. Again :eek:
Google Now should replace that, I'm not attracted by this app either, PA includes it by default
Okay, I will install it after updating, but maybe you could remove this search by default in the next update, would be very nice

Discovered errors causing wallpaper reset [mainly Nova Launcher, Trebuchet seems to be fine, but Nova can't recieve permissions to read Trebuchet's settings]
Would it fix the issue if you use only Nova Launcher preinstalled instead of Trebuchet? Anyway, Nova is much faster than Trebuchet (and faster than Apex)

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
Yes you're right, it was just what I noticed :eek:

Will be fixed soon I guess

Sry, I didn't notice it in your FAQ. Again :eek:

You couldn't, I added that later :D

Would it fix the issue if you use only Nova Launcher preinstalled instead of Trebuchet? Anyway, Nova is much faster than Trebuchet (and faster than Apex)

I'll work on that aswell, but no promises, I might ask for feedback later.

Reactions: wa1B

Alunduyn

Mar 23, 2012
I updated my phone from a Legend to a Desire recently. On my Legend, I built ICS PA. I like a lot PA and obviously I wanted to try this.

The ROM is great, everything is working or has very few bugs. Smoothness is not perfect, but butter effect has not yet been obtained and this is still great. Only one thing that is not allowing me to use this as daily ROM : Paranoid Settings. They does not change anything, and after a first change ( I tried to enable Tablet Mode ) I had a lot of graphical Issue. Statusbar is still Phone Mode, everything is still Phone Mode, but the screen is stretched, like full screen, and overlapps with statusbar. The problem may be in the app and not in the framework, so I'm trying to edit DPI and layout manually. In ICS PA there was a pad.prop in system. I read that it has been removed. I can't remember where the new file is ( even if there is a .prop file in JB PA ). Could you tell me where to find if it exists? Many many thanks, and great job with this ROM man!

EDIT : found propieties.conf : /system/etc/paranoid. And also found the cause of my issues. After a change within the Paranoid app, propieties.prop has been totally cleaned. I'm trying to replace it.

EDIT2 : bootloop. Restored Spaze Dog. I'll wait for a fix ( if this need a fix ) or try next weekend :)

Last edited:

WoH

Dec 6, 2011
Muinch
woh-roms.weebly.com
[...] Only one thing that is not allowing me to use this as daily ROM : Paranoid Settings. They does not change anything, and after a first change ( I tried to enable Tablet Mode ) I had a lot of graphical Issue. Statusbar is still Phone Mode, everything is still Phone Mode, but the screen is stretched, like full screen, and overlapps with statusbar.

I am using Tablet Mode in this very moment, but I never had these issues. Did you use r3 or r4? Maybe wipe failed?
Or didn't you apply the framework "fix"?

Right now, I massively debloated bootanimation, it's a lot faster and a lot smoother and the white screen is fixed.

Also Nova should be a lot more stable, I haven't had any framework issues / wallpaper resets. Pls share experiences when r4.2 is up (only dalvik and cache wipe)

The patch is not flashable, but it contains changed files.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

header2o4u65.png

Sense 4 styled clock app here

PARANOIDANDROID for HTC Desire v2.54

Details:
    • Fully Source Compiled
    • & CM 10.0.0
    • & AOSP 4.1.2r1
    • & PA v2.54

Features:

Not Working:
    • 3g drop sometimes, (hot)reboot and it's fine, should be fixed in 2.50
    • USB/Bluetooth Tethering -> Use this app for USB & this for WiFi tethering!
    • MTP, PTP (thx /=\lex)

Thanks & Donations:
    • to nikez:For his great work on this great device!(And allowing me to use his work :good:)
    • Please visit at least his Homepage and click on one of the ads to support him
    • to Cyanogenmod:For the best Android Tweaks and Modifications, great ROM
    • to Evervolv:For their continuous efforts to support older devices, this team mainly makes everything beyond 4.x possible!
    • to molesarecoming / Team Paranoid & to D4rKn3sSyS / Team Paranoid: For their great additions to CyanogenMod
    • dk_zero-cool for M2SD and Bexton for AROMA Gapps
    • To those who donated, thanks a lot! TW1954
    • To everyone who helped me improve the ROM: YodaDaCoda, Masteq etc.

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download ROM

phoneeqfrj.jpg
    phabletneise.jpg
    tablet7wd3j.jpg
    undefined9ye1s.jpg
    pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

P A Cman for HTC Desire v17.0.0

Details:
    • Fully Source Compiled
    • & CM 10.0.0
    • & AOSP 4.1.2r1
    • & (PA v2.52)
    • & AOKP Milestone 1

Features:
    • CyanogenMod 10 Settings
    • ParanoidAndroid Settings
    • AOKP ROM Control Settings
    • T-Mobile ThemeChooser
    • True Hybrid Mode by PARANOIDANDROID [info]
    • Change Layout & Size of every app [info]
    • Beautiful new ParanoidAndroid 2.x+ Wallpapers
    • paranoid-rom.com
    • DSP Manager & Apollo Music Player for best audio quality
    • Themes and Goodies

Not Working:
    • 3g drop sometimes, (hot)reboot and it's fine
    • USB/Bluetooth Tethering -> Use this app!
    • MTP, PTP (thx /=\lex)

Thanks & Donations:

Instructions
    • CWM: Install Zip: Rom: Download on my Homepage
    • Check out CM Settings and AOKP ROM Control
    After some work on m2sd I finally found time to work on ParanoidAndroid again and that's what I managed to do for 2.54:

Code:
    - Remarkable speed improvements
    - Smoother animations
    - Fully working torch
    - PA colors fixed
    - CM File manager
    - Worked a little bit on the cam
    - New option in PA Prefs: "Stock UI": Removes Hybrid settings, works good with PA color
    - Latest CM sources, fixes many bugs
    - RIL, 3G, QCOM display tweaks
    - Android 4.2 Keyboard, saves 12 MB on /system + gesture typing
    - Saved a lot of space on /system

Hope you appreciate it :)
    Hi everyone, I've changed a lot of stuff to provide a lot of options, but as dvsk69 already pointed out it failed.
    This will change in the future as I won't accept bug reports if you're using INT2EXT4+ with this rom.
    I experienced a lot of issues with this script aswell and I think that it's the best option at the moment.

I'm sorry for the SuperSU bug, I just didn't pay attention, but I don't want to reupload it at the moment, I'm ill and still working on 4.2.
    Hy WoH. Is there in plan a new update? This place just become cold...
    Thank you!

The current releases are the last ones based on 4.1.2, I'm working on 4.2.1, CM10.1 is up and running.
    As soon as PA 3+ hits github I'll work on that, PAC is discontinued atm.