[CM7][Theme]HoneyBread Alpha 4 [TABLET TWEAKED]

Search This thread

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
After i developed the tablet tweaks, a lot of people started modifying framework and systemui to exchange the buttons instead of doing it with a theme. the way they were going just was bad by design. no fixes are included except those people repeat their work with every new nightly build. thats the reason we use theme engine by now. it works for all devices and all versions.

my initial complaints about modifying those files and my suggestion to use a theme were ignored - so i came to the point to do it myself.

all i did was adding honeycomb icons for the soft buttons to the already existing honeybread v4 theme. as soon as there is a new honeybread theme, i hope it features the new buttons - at least i asked for that on the honeybread issue tracker.

get the modified theme here - it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes - i cannot help that bad behavior by now:
Honeybread-Alpha-V4-Tablet-Tweaked.apk md5sum: d70fb679d7b9d31a0006ed532156dfc7
Honeybread-Alpha-V4-Tablet-Tweaked.apk additional mirror

if you wanna further modify the theme, i also uploaded the decompiled honeybread, including my changes and apktool.
honeybread-apktool-source.zip md5sum: 3a44d0f641ed3bb6987ae18c5befd542
honeybread-apktool-source.zip additional mirror

credits: i took the icons from the mod here
and of course to the great honeybread theme itself

screenshot (thanks to painter_)
2qxu61v.jpg

Last edited:

moneymike55

Dec 13, 2010
California
Nice work murdock, and you're right the theme engine is A LOT better than changing each new systemUI. I've been planning on adding similar 3.0 soft buttons to my upcoming honeycomb theme chooser apk and have already gone pretty deep with changes to the status bar, power widget, settings icons etc., but I'm having trouble getting the 3.0 lockscreen and other things like my homescreen/app menu icons to show without supplying an additional zip file (which means ill either have to make a version for each rom, or a metamorph file that makes the apk kinda pointless when I could just add everything to the zip). Do you know if the theme engine is capable of adding the lockscreen or non-stock apps? I haven't been able to find very much out there yet about incorporating additional xml files to the apk, but if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it :)

Sent from my HTC Mytouch 3g using XDA App

droid13

Mar 15, 2011
Great job murdock. Thanks...

After i developed the tablet tweaks, a lot of people started modifying framework and systemui to exchange the buttons instead of doing it with a theme. the way they were going just was bad by design. no fixes are included except those people repeat their work with every new nightly build. thats the reason we use theme engine by now. it works for all devices and all versions.

my initial complaints about modifying those files and my suggestion to use a theme were ignored - so i came to the point to do it myself.

all i did was adding honeycomb icons for the soft buttons to the already existing honeybread v4 theme. as soon as there is a new honeybread theme, i hope it features the new buttons - at least i asked for that on the honeybread issue tracker.

get the modified theme here - it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes - i cannot help that bad behavior by now:

if you wanna further modify the theme, i also uploaded the decompiled honeybread, including my changes and apktool.

rawdealer

Mar 17, 2011
District 1
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7T

O.K. cool :)) but I don't see any soft buttons??? Am I blond??? :D

eozoon

Feb 2, 2011
Thanks, it looks great, however there are a couple of small problems I'm not sure if it should go into the honeybread issue tracker or here or if they are just caused by something I did wrong.

Quoted from the Tablet Tweak post since I'm having pretty much the same problems (looked a few pages down and no solution seems to have showed up, sorry if I missed it)

Also the Honeybread theme from xda causes your power widgets to be background less although still clickable. weird looking.

Ok, I figured out my issue -- honeybread theme doesn't play nice with the latest build. At least for me. It was causing widgets to fail at startup and my SDcard wouldn't mount unless triggered by something accessing it -- e.g. me opening file manager.

Restored a backup w/out honeybread - Flashed newest build - Rebooted 5 times -

No issues.

Installed honeybread apk - Rebooted a couple times -

No issues.

Applied honeybread theme - Rebooted - Widgets failed to load - SDcard doesn't mount unless triggered - Rebooted a few times -

Same behavior.

Applied default theme - Rebooted a few times

All is well.

Sorry, I know this isn't relevant to the mod, but I know a few people in here were starting to use honeybread, so I thought I'd report what I found.

Now I can start actually playing around with this build.

Just to add that the widgets do load eventually, but it's quite a long wait, and seems to happen after the SD card trigger.

Not a big problem since the only time I reboot is after flashing something in CWM anyway. Just wondering if this happens to everyone or just me.

Screen cap http://k.min.us/ikBN8o.png

SCWells72

Feb 12, 2011
Looks really nice other than the opaque black dock. Is there not any way to with Honeybread to have a translucent dock? Perhaps the answer is to disable the dock with this theme, but I still like to have one with my four most used apps (browser, email, gmail, and calendar).

mad-murdock

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Detmold
Nice work murdock, and you're right the theme engine is A LOT better than changing each new systemUI. I've been planning on adding similar 3.0 soft buttons to my upcoming honeycomb theme chooser apk and have already gone pretty deep with changes to the status bar, power widget, settings icons etc., but I'm having trouble getting the 3.0 lockscreen and other things like my homescreen/app menu icons to show without supplying an additional zip file (which means ill either have to make a version for each rom, or a metamorph file that makes the apk kinda pointless when I could just add everything to the zip). Do you know if the theme engine is capable of adding the lockscreen or non-stock apps? I haven't been able to find very much out there yet about incorporating additional xml files to the apk, but if you could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it :)

with the t-mob theme engine, you can replace any graphic or xml file (animations, strings) below the res/ directory of each app. doesnt matter if its installed or could be installed. about the lockscreen - well - forget about it :) needs changed code to work like the hc lockscreen. no way to do this via themes. the lockscreen icons themself can of course be changed as you like..

download the sources i posted in first post and take a look into it - should be pretty much self explanatory

Thanks, it looks great, however there are a couple of small problems I'm not sure if it should go into the honeybread issue tracker or here or if they are just caused by something I did wrong.

honeybread issue tracker! i dont wanna get involved into this theme at all. i just added the soft buttons to stop people modifying the .apk files with winzip - which is really really bad...

roger_n

Sep 23, 2010
Excuse my ignorance but I'm new to Nook and CM7, I downloaded the theme for the installation am I suppose to install via CWM > "install zip from sdcard" which fails "aborted" or am I suppose to drop it in a folder and change it using ADWLauncher?

Last edited:

4D4N

Feb 14, 2010
Paris
Great

Hi
installed on my HD2 running a CM7 rom (Hyperdroid CM7 2.0.0)
all parts are themed
Nice work

Last edited:

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
The only problem i have with this, is that i only want the buttons. I am using a "Sense" theme that i love, and the buttons work great. If there was a way to have two different themes going, that would be nice (make the button one theme, and allow users to pick honeybread or something else)...

roger_n

Sep 23, 2010
It's an apk so just copy it to sdcard and run it

Thanks for the quick reply when I downloaded the file it was a .zip file renaming it to .apk enabled me to install it without errors but it does not show up under "Settings > ADWLauncher > Theme Preferences > Select your theme" any ideas? I rebooted and its still not listed.

atirage

May 9, 2009
Novi Sad
Install Instructions

Download the Honeybread.apk

Install the APK

Open the Theme Chooser app

Select the Honybread Theme

After it applies reboot

Enjoy!

roger_n

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks I was trying to use ADWLaucncher not Theme chooser to set the theme it worked, like I said I'm new to CM7 but with help from the community I'm learning.

Install Instructions

Download the Honeybread.apk

Install the APK

Open the Theme Chooser app

Select the Honybread Theme

After it applies reboot

Enjoy!

A

ace7196

Thanks I was trying to use ADWLaucncher not Theme chooser to set the theme it worked, like I said I'm new to CM7 but with help from the community I'm learning.
Wow. Does no one read directions anymore?

Install the apk.
YOU MUST USE THEME CHOOSER
scroll all the way to the left. There won't be a pic, but a string. From mad (IN THE ORIGINAL POST)
"it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes"
Reboot.

A

ace7196

Hey mad, you're pretty good at this whole android thing.

Just a tinsy tiny bug. The sliders in the gui have a slight offset line next to the slider button. No biggie, could just be my 190 dpi.

I'll change and report back if anything changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

screenshot (thanks to painter_)
    2qxu61v.jpg
    Ok so i decided to get off my lazy butt and put together an updated version of Tablet Tweaked HoneyBread, all I did was pull the new Honeybread from the market, grab the png's, rename some and replace the old files from the Tablet Tweaked version our good MR. Mad-Murdock compiled for us. Sorry if I upset anyone by doing this, but us tablet users are in desperate need of an update, I will remove the file at request...

few screenshots
    iKxqE.png

idjTnS.png

idoUwI.png

ibcv90.png

Please no request for fixes, I may release additional updates with tweaks as I'm not completely satisfied with the theme(file size is a bit large, some elements are a bit off, etc...) Happy themeing!!!

¡make sure to first uninstall any old or other versions of the honeybread theme!

-update -Optimized the apk using newer apktool, it's now half the size and it displays properly in the theme chooser
    -update 6/18/11 added supported for skinned google voice

http://www.zshare.net/download/91600606a23fbacf/

mirror
    http://api.ge.tt/0/8C8GfF5/0/blob/download
    Wow. Does no one read directions anymore?

Install the apk.
    YOU MUST USE THEME CHOOSER
    scroll all the way to the left. There won't be a pic, but a string. From mad (IN THE ORIGINAL POST)
    "it will show up with no preview by the name @string/theme_name in front of all your themes"
    Reboot.

Chill out - Theme Chooser was never mentioned in the OP. Lots of people think of "themes" only as launcher themes.
    Can anybody post a screenshot of their gTab with this modification, please? Thanks!

Not a Gtab but a Nook.
    So I know you said 10 rows x 10 columns, but it doesn't look that way based on your screenshot. In landscape mode it looks more like 5 rows x 10 columns. How'd you do that? (When I tried 10 rows x 10 columns everything got scrunched up.)

Make sure "auto-fit Items" isn't checked, to get the most out of LauncherPro you'll want to buy the "Plus License" it allows you to resize widgets...