Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Search This thread

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
i rebooted to recovery and flashed alpha 2 mod and tablet enable 213 and fixd permissions.. and it works .. i got the alpha 3 mod from the old log as he mentiones .. still runnin seraphim

If you flashed Alpha 2, you're no longer running Seraphim. Alpha 2 is a complete ROM. Or are you talking about TABLET_UI_AOSP_A2.zip? That's just the Tablet Mod enabling patch. Alpha 2 is ICS_CLC5_Alpha2.zip, which is a complete ROM. Alpha 3 is a Mod patch designed to go over Alpha 2.

moinsheriff

Jan 28, 2011
Dubai - UAE
yes i flashed tablet_ui_aosp_a2.zip and then the tablet_ui_213_enable.zip . aokp settings still force close .

If you flashed Alpha 2, you're no longer running Seraphim. Alpha 2 is a complete ROM. Or are you talking about TABLET_UI_AOSP_A2.zip? That's just the Tablet Mod enabling patch. Alpha 2 is ICS_CLC5_Alpha2.zip, which is a complete ROM. Alpha 3 is a Mod patch designed to go over Alpha 2.

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
yes i flashed tablet_ui_aosp_a2.zip and then the tablet_ui_213_enable.zip . aokp settings still force close .

Did you also flash Alpha 3 (AOKP_ICS_Tweaks_ALPHA_3.zip)? If so, I would try this again without that, as it wasn't designed to run on anything other than Alpha 2, and even then it has known FC's.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
I read that there was a fix for the white on white text bug...does anyone one which file it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Is anyone here running a clock/weather widget? I've tried several but non of them look right...all way too small. I've tried to resize it but its still real small.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335756142837.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335756142837.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 67

moinsheriff

Jan 28, 2011
Dubai - UAE
anyone receving two text messages at once. i disabled notification from seraphim messaging app.. but even in the ics messaging app im getting 2 incoming messages instead of just 1

KodeRiter722

Mar 6, 2011
Boston, MA
1. Did the nandroid this morning. Copy on ext card and pc

2. "Flash the zip" is the same as "install from zip", correct?

3. Nova is already on.

4. Tweak as I go, Okay...

5. Thanks and/or donate readied :)

Thanks for u 2!

Yes, "flash the zip" is the same as "install zip from sdcard." Sorry about that. Get familiar with that terminology. You'll hear it a lot around here.

If you want some tips on keeping track of nandroid backups, you can refer to my post here.

Last edited:

cmjkxa

May 24, 2011
San diego
I had this same issue. I really don't know what I did to fix it. I initially disabled the one that came with this mod through settings, app, messaging. Tried to use gosms but hated it. Figured I'd deal with double texts. Unfroze messaging through TB and its working fine so far normally. Again, I don't know what fixed it. You might want to try that.

Oh, after unfreezing, try rebooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

rg1973

Jun 6, 2006
Does anyone have the stock calendar
not liking the ics one from market
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

twack

Mar 8, 2012
Granite Bay
First, make sure you have a nandroid backup, in case the mod is not compatible with your rom.

Then, all you have to do is download and flash the zip in cwm. no wipe necessary (if that doesn't change with the update).

As far as tweaks, you probably want to use Nova launcher, since apex doesn't seem to get along with this mod yet. Anything else is just personal preference. Be sure to check out all your apps to see them in all their tablet UI glory.

Finally, once you see how awesome it is, go and thank the dev for allowing you to enjoy the fruits of their labor...

Yes, "flash the zip" is the same as "install zip from sdcard." Sorry about that. Get familiar with that terminology. You'll hear it a lot around here.

If you want some tips on keeping track of nandroid backups, you can refer to my post here.

Did all the things as directed but now there is no dialer, no contacts or calendar. Please look at my OP to see what/how I was installed before trying to update. BTW I flashed the A2 and the enabler the second time and still the same things. Many many FC's also.

Any ideas?

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
are you having any issues?

Had to flash a custom notification bar after the enabler, besides that, none that aren't known about i.e. contact deletion, panorama on ICS camera, deleting pictures from Samsung camera, stock browser. Anything else can usually be fixed by fixing permissions and when that doesn't work if it can be downloaded, erase and download. Maybe try a different ROM? I hear it works fine on seraphim, I'm on noteworthy, and it runs beautifully.
My wife has a skyrocket, and when I run into things like system not mounting rw, I back everything up, make a nandroid, and start over. If you can't get it running as you'd like it, change it. Development is slowly starting to gear up in this forum, and you're able to try more and more until you find one that works best for you, with the things you want working and bring able to accept the things that don't run so smoothly (my messaging force closes every time I turn on my phone, but that's it). A little drawn out but that's my piece, take it out leave it:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More fix Comin tomorrow

I know he made the Mod for his Alpha ICS Rom, BUT it seems to work on most ICS builds so i am making its own Q&A thread so we can stay out of Noteworthy/Seraphim/Dags thread with questions strictly about this Mod.

so this will be for GENERAL QUESTIONS on this Mod from member to member.....what dpi are you running, are you having issues on a certain Rom, things you would like to tell others about your experiance with this Mod running on your phone.

Have at it Yall!!!!!

on my part i love the Mod, im on seraphim and have had NO ISSUES :D
    Fixing Contacts Force Close

A lot of posts about problems with People or Phone force closing every time they try opening them. I had the same issue and this cleared it up for me.
    Goto:
    Settings>Applications>All> scroll down to logsprovider and select it. Select Clear Data from the next screen, then reboot your phone.

Worked for me, but I can't post this in the big boy forum due to post count. Credit DAGr8 for the solution in the dev thread post #3133. Anyways, hope this helps someone.
    On the link below on the second picture from the top you can see how they clustered 4 small icons together. Is that a third party application or is it something that can be enabled on tablet mode somewhere?

Nexus: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1543892

This can be enabled in the launcher settings. For Apex go to folder settings -> Folder Preview, change to Grid -> then remove the folder background.

Here is my current setup.
    can you switch back to phone mode after flashing the tablet MOD?