[Q] Xperia U not turning on please help! Flashing went wrong!!

Search This thread

awaisthebest

Sep 29, 2012
Hyderabad
I wanted to unlock my bootloader and install a custom rom but my windows won't recognise the fastboot mode so I started up with linux :(
I saw tutorials of recoveryX.exe and flashtool which only works for windows so I was searching for a manual way so that I could do it in the terminal ..

so I found some tutorial online which told me to flash some file something like

fastboot flash boot xyz.inf I don't remember the extension perfectly but it wasn't a zip or an img ..
and after that my phone turned off, I can still go for fastboot mode but I don't see anything on the screen please help me :(

I do not have windows so I cannot use flashtool or recoveryX.exe

bharathbondfire

Jul 23, 2013
bangalore
I wanted to unlock my bootloader and install a custom rom but my windows won't recognise the fastboot mode so I started up with linux :(
I saw tutorials of recoveryX.exe and flashtool which only works for windows so I was searching for a manual way so that I could do it in the terminal ..

fastboot flash boot xyz.inf I don't remember the extension perfectly but it wasn't a zip or an img ..
and after that my phone turned off, I can still go for fastboot mode but I don't see anything on the screen please help me :(

using flash tool flash the boot.img present in the rom zip
and install the rom

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013

Congrats for the brick.
Can you still get into fastboot/flash mode?
I've yet to hear about someone who used rexoveryx and it worked, forget all about it.
There is flashtool for linux, you can use it.
BTW, the only files you flash with fastboot, are with img, elf or sin extention.

awaisthebest

Sep 29, 2012
Hyderabad
Congrats for the brick.
Can you still get into fastboot/flash mode?
I've yet to hear about someone who used rexoveryx and it worked, forget all about it.
There is flashtool for linux, you can use it.
BTW, the only files you flash with fastboot, are with img, elf or sin extention.

yes yes I can still get into the fastboot and flash mode both!
and yes the file was elf format I remember now.

P.S : I'm downloading the flashtool for linux right now, I just hope it works, its of my friends' and I took it with a guarantee that I'll give you with a better firmware :/ He's been calling me since morning lol .. I'm doomed :/

guys? is there any hope?

awaisthebest

Sep 29, 2012
Hyderabad
using flash tool flash the boot.img present in the rom zip
and install the rom

Thank you for your reply :)
I'm downloading flast tool for linux right now and I'll then flash the boot.img present in the rom itself..
anything else that I can try if this doesn't work?

can anybody give me a link to CWM recovery's file and a way to flash it :/

P.P.S : I'm really really sorry for being sucha noob/dumbas* :/ but I just finished downloading flashtool and I cannot seem to install it :eek: I mean gosh! Linux is soo complicated.

I have downloaded a 7z file .. in which there's a file of tar extension which after I double click directs me to a folder named Flash Tools in which there are multiple forlder that include custom, deviced, drivers, firmwares etc

Last edited:

bharathbondfire

Jul 23, 2013
bangalore
I'm downloading flast tool for linux right now and I'll then flash the boot.img present in the rom itself..

if u have downloaded the flash tool copy boot.img to flash tool folder
enter fast boot press ok press on select a kernel to flash
and choose the kernel
and press enter.

Last edited:

awaisthebest

Sep 29, 2012
Hyderabad

if u have downloaded the flash tool copy boot.img to flash tool folder
enter fast boot press ok press on select a kernel to flash
and choose the kernel
and press enter.

I have downloaded flash tool for linux but I cannot get it work .. I cannot get it to install or anything

isn't there a way to do all this manually through Terminal Fastboot commands?

That's the only thing that I can manage to work.

Edit : I have flashed the boot.img file from the downloaded ROM I did it this way (fastboot flash boot boot.img)

and now fortunately the phone starts and also now can be charged but the OS doesn't start .. I think this can be because I haven't flashed the OS but only the boot img?

what can I do now? :)

P.S : I cannot use the Flashtool or RecoveryX :/ so if there's a way to do it via fastboot or something it will really be appreciated :)

Last edited:

bharathbondfire

Jul 23, 2013
bangalore
I have downloaded flash tool for linux but I cannot get it work .. I cannot get it to install or anything

isn't there a way to do all this manually through Terminal Fastboot commands?

That's the only thing that I can manage to work.

Edit : I have flashed the boot.img file from the downloaded ROM I did it this way (fastboot flash boot boot.img)

and now fortunately the phone starts and also now can be charged but the OS doesn't start .. I think this can be because I haven't flashed the OS but only the boot img?

what can I do now? :)

P.S : I cannot use the Flashtool or RecoveryX :/ so if there's a way to do it via fastboot or something it will really be appreciated :)

if u have rom in the sd
flash boot.img and flash rom
remember to wipe full system