X18i Android dual SIM bought from Hong Kong

Search This thread

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello! Friend iw4nk

My rom is Original, is the same model ansd specifications!. The problem of the flashlight it has fixed, the problems is the autofocus!?

Thanks

rm72

Not model or spec your phone because I belived that's same. Check my kernel version (x18i with 2.3.6 have 3 version and I like with updated 08-03-2012) . Or try to flash your phone again :)

Sorry, my English is not good d(^_^)b

Sent from my e1109_v73_gq1002_ctp using xda premium

arnaudboub

Mar 6, 2012
@ momotchobiloute : Merci de ton MP, mais je ne peux te répondre car il faut 10 messages minimum pour avoir accès aux réponses MP. Donc merci, je regarde ça et te tiens au jus.
gaz

rm72

Apr 14, 2012
Algarve
Not model or spec your phone because I belived that's same. Check my kernel version (x18i with 2.3.6 have 3 version and I like with updated 08-03-2012) . Or try to flash your phone again :)

Sorry, my English is not good d(^_^)b

Hekllo; iw4nk,
yes is correct my kermel is:2.6.35.7 Fri Jan 13 13:26:31 CST 2012,
How cam i update, whit this update the autofocus of the camera will be awailable!? THanks

rm72

arnaudboub

Mar 6, 2012
@ iw4nk
your latest rom for x18i (update 2012-03-15) 115.com/file/be2o1xg4

is not zipped, and from recovery mode, it must be zipped only...

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
@ iw4nk
your latest rom for x18i (update 2012-03-15) 115.com/file/be2o1xg4

is not zipped, and from recovery mode, it must be zipped only...

Hi friend....
That Rom is can not flash with recovery mode but u must flash it with pc (flashing rom with Sp FlashTool). :)

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello iw4nk
In previous post from "meto2010" he spoke about MrTB_v10.zip available.
So I searched in google and found here: http://code.google.com/p/android-x8-3g/downloads/detail?name=MrTB_v10.zip

Is it your latest ROM version ?
If yes, I'll install it because today I'm with MrTB_V8 that is very good from my point of view :)
regards
momo

Hi Momo d(^_^)b
MRtb is not my ROm. That rom is from Vietnam community. I don't like it (now I back to original Rom 2.3.6 updated 08-03-2012)
:-D

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hekllo; iw4nk,
yes is correct my kermel is:2.6.35.7 Fri Jan 13 13:26:31 CST 2012,
How cam i update, whit this update the autofocus of the camera will be awailable!? THanks

rm72

Yeah.....
My kernel is 2.6.35.7 |Thu Mar 8 22:11:58 CST 2012
I was share tutorial to flash original rom on http://kumaizone.com/ but with my language (indonesian) :-D ( I can't translate because my english is not good) . Any someone have translate it to english language???
U can try open my web with bing translator or google translate.

kingvasudev

Mar 28, 2012
HYDERABAD
camera force close

hey great guys

i have x18i (china clone) mtk 6573 mobile. recently camera is force closing
and its flash is also not working. i tried factory reset also .... fone is rooted....android 2.3.4

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Step by step Flashing Original ROm X18i

Check here

But... Sorry
My English is Not Good
sedih.gif
. I Hope U Can understand with this Tutoriall
gitar.gif

If U like ... U can Give me Thanks
sip2.gif

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2011
Hello iw4nk

Thank you for your sharing, but how to retrieve the last ROM proposed in your link (StarX18_4.16v3) ?
Difficult to follow without skill with your langage ;)
Thanks in advance for your suppport
regards

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello iw4nk

Thank you for your sharing, but how to retrieve the last ROM proposed in your link (StarX18_4.16v3) ?
Difficult to follow without skill with your langage ;)
Thanks in advance for your suppport
regards

I was Try That ROM . you will feel the ICS on your X18. but I found Bug on Bluetooth, Radio, language only english and chiness (I Hope Owner can fix that). if you want Try it, I will share link to download ROM

Last edited:

IcedFlame

May 8, 2011
Sarajevo
Your Rom is original?? Or was change to custom Rom??? Its screenshot my phone system. It same with u?

Hello, new x18i user here :)

I have exact the same firmware as on screenshot you posted here, based on android 2.3.6, and I have a few questions for you and the other owners of x18i:

- Do you have original rom backup, or maybe you could help me backup my own rom? I tried with x18i recovery, i made backup, but I think it just backups my data and settings.

- No matter what usb port I use, I always get the message: This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. I tried with stock cable and blackberry cable, on two different computers (win xp and vista) and several usb ports. Do you have this problem?

- Vibration is not working, no matter what I try. Anyone else with the same problem?

- There is no way I could root my phone using 'traditional' methods mentioned in this thread, so I'm wondering will it work if I flash my phone back to Android version 2.3.4?

I know it's a lot of questions, but since I'm new owner, I hope you can help.
Thank you all in advance!

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Hello, new x18i user here :)

I have exact the same firmware as on screenshot you posted here, based on android 2.3.6, and I have a few questions for you and the other owners of x18i:

- Do you have original rom backup, or maybe you could help me backup my own rom? I tried with x18i recovery, i made backup, but I think it just backups my data and settings.

- No matter what usb port I use, I always get the message: This device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. I tried with stock cable and blackberry cable, on two different computers (win xp and vista) and several usb ports. Do you have this problem?

- Vibration is not working, no matter what I try. Anyone else with the same problem?

- There is no way I could root my phone using 'traditional' methods mentioned in this thread, so I'm wondering will it work if I flash my phone back to Android version 2.3.4?

I know it's a lot of questions, but since I'm new owner, I hope you can help.
Thank you all in advance!

Hi friend :)
- I don't have backup ROM because I have original ROM for X18i.
- Do you have installed Driver for X18i?
- I don't have vibration problem on my X18i
-"traditional root" is ?
If you want root x18i os 2.3.6, check Here

Sent from My X18i Using XDA Premium

Last edited:
Reactions: IcedFlame

iw4nk

Feb 7, 2012
kumai
Overclock X18i

Now, you can overclock x18i up to 800 mhz (default clock speed 650 mhz).
On play market u can try mtk-test app. But, I have mtk-control (donate version) and if you want this app (mtk-control), click thanks for me and send PM. I will. Send download link for U. ;)

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Overclock X18i

Now, you can overclock x18i up to 800 mhz (default clock speed 650 mhz).
    On play market u can try mtk-test app. But, I have mtk-control (donate version) and if you want this app (mtk-control), click thanks for me and send PM. I will. Send download link for U. ;)

Thanks
    Step by step Flashing Original ROm X18i

Check here

But... Sorry
    My English is Not Good
    sedih.gif
    . I Hope U Can understand with this Tutoriall
    gitar.gif

If U like ... U can Give me Thanks
    sip2.gif
    Originally Posted by kingvasudev View Post

CAN ANY BODY UPLOAD SIGNED ROM.........
    I AM UNABLE TO SIGN ROM......
    SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED
    ERROR IS COMMING

If you are already using recoveryMOD, and ROM is not signed, you can Fix it on recovery mode
    1. go to recovery mode
    2. select Flash zip from sdcard
    3. select Toogle signature verification and wait...
    4. choose zip from sdcard
    5. find your ROM and flash it..

BUT HOW TO GET RECOVERYMOD?

I was share instruction step by step flashing Original Rom Here
    But, If you only want flashing RecoveryMOD to your phone (X18i). you must download
    1. Sp FlashTool Here
    2. RecoveryMOD For X18i Here
    Extract to desktop your PC
    Next
    1. turn off u phone and remove batery
    2. Open SP FlashTool
    select Option > checklist "USB MODE"
    3. Select Scatter-loading. will open new window popup.Go to where you extract RecoveryMOD Folder and open MT6573_scatters.txt
    4. Put u battery to phone
    5. Select Download on SP FlashTool
    6. If u see Time. Connect Usb Cable to Phone (Must Quickly)
    Wait .....
    And DONE.... Turn On U Phone
    I Hope It Can Help U . AND SORRY MY ENGLISH NOT GOOD

For detail Visit My Web
    My X18i CookedROM

This Is My First CustomROM For X18i
    Make ICS Style On X18i :D
    if you want to try it, Please Click HERE

Oups...!
    If you like with my customROM, Please Click thanks for me

nagih.gif

ngayal2.gif
    New Custom ROM for X18i

thanks momofab, now i can flash my phone :D. i want share new custom rom for x18i from vness community.

MrTB v5 ROM
    Link: ww*.mediafire.com/?j1l8vlac9az679e
    Changelog:
    - Android 2.3.6
    - Fix bug completely unable to connect to 3g sim sim contacts remaining. Now you surf the web without worry miss call.
    - Add boot function in the second 3g sim. With this function the 2 slots support 3g sim. You can completely change mount 2 sim 3g and connect with a simple click, no need to remove your sim change. This function is located in Settings -> Wireless and networking -> Mobile networks -> 3g Services -> 3g:
    + The default is sim slot 1 (the outermost slot), you can switch between two arbitrary sim slot.
    + If you select Off, 2 sim will only GSM status. This for anyone not using 3G, or when new users are turned off to help take the pin.
    - Update the latest app, update ad blocking hosts.
    - Fix the catalytic response, more app also dropped in the previous version (which can be related to an app that can not be DC and the system).
    - Do not have much time so the new version is just the frame, not the optimal lot, not beauty. Everything that you will be home next patch or ROM. Make sure if fully optimized, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6 stronger 5 more ^ ^!
    Note:
    - Do you leave out the background to help take the pin. Rom so when finished will have black T lockscreen. You only need to change the lockscreen wallpaper inside bt will return.
    - All other guidelines as the previous version.
    - If there is anything, report immediately to his home.
    - Fix widget sense: At the Root explorer -> system -> app, find the file and delete it fr.clockwidget.lpsense.odex reboot.

i was tested :D. but some app is still with vnes language :( . sorry if my english is not good :p