Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801) firmware 1750.805.8773.12140 [07/May/12]

Search This thread

maatn

Apr 7, 2010
Can't flash via Nokia Care Suite.
I Changed to name of the FW to my product code, but NCS tells me: "Cannot change the mode"
And the cube says: "Data package selection failed. Product code reading failed."
Any ideas?

Mio_WP

Mar 13, 2012
Make sure You have put the files in the correct location. I remember that happened to me.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

nonblk

Jun 22, 2012
hi , it is possible to update my phone ? thx

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

maatn

Apr 7, 2010
Last edited:

Mio_WP

Mar 13, 2012
Is You PC connected with a cable or Wi-Fi?I think NCS needs cable.

Also, do You have a code on your lockscreen? It needs to be disabled.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Last edited:

xpc21

Oct 19, 2011
Belo Horizonte
cargocollective.com
Just flashed it! Flashed the one form Movistar but flashed this after cause the Movistar one has operator stuff. No problemas at all, flashed so nice, thanks all support!

My question is: I´ve done a full backup using WP7 Update Cab Sender, if a restore it through Zune it will downgrade it or it would backup my personal things?

Mio_WP

Mar 13, 2012
Finally

:victory:

Got it now.. I actually managed to mess up the folders for the package :silly:

Don´t create subfolders in there !

Looking great so far. Internet Connection Sharing and all. Right now syncin all my music. Later, re-download the rest of my stuff...

Everything seems faster, but I know it is always like that after a fresh flash.

____
Mio_WP
Lumia800@12220

tony_park

Jun 2, 2009
Doncaster
Hi Guys,

quick question, if I download 12220 from NaviFirm, and install via NCS, does this wipe my phone, meaning I'll need to re-copy contacts, schedules, apps etc back on again? So basically it does a factory reset?

Thanks
Tony

ibjaredu

Apr 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

quick question, if I download 12220 from NaviFirm, and install via NCS, does this wipe my phone, meaning I'll need to re-copy contacts, schedules, apps etc back on again? So basically it does a factory reset?

Thanks
Tony

Yes, you will lose everything including your SIM unlock (if present), so may sure you have that available if it is needed.

ChrisKringel

Jan 6, 2009
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Tony

This is a firmware not an update. It will wipe your complete phone and flash a factory fresh image to your phone.

nakadm

Jan 21, 2006
Successfully flashed 12220 on Telus Lumia 800. (Running on Fido, Rogers) network.

Entered APN, and 3G was working fine on phone. However Internet sharing doesn't seem to work.
PC connects fine to WiFi hotspot running on phone, and shows up as connected guest on Phone, but cannot open any sites...

You guys running 12220 on other carriers, can you confirm Internet Sharing works?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Just checked nokia firmware repository with navifirm+ and found the 1750.805.8773.12140 firmware to be available for the Nokia Lumia 800 (RM-801). Currently only chinese unbranded versions (so called Country Variant) are released but I guess other versions can't be far away now.

There is no official changelog available at the time of writing, but it is highly likely this firmware:
    * Brings Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (code named TANGO) [judging by the 8773 version number]
    * Brings Internet Sharing (tethering) capabilities (rumours)
    * Fixes all known audio bugs
    * Fixes/improves camera (overall image quality/panorama mode)

Someone cares enough to try this out? :)

Edit:
    * Firmware may contain local substitutes for Facebook and Twitter, avoid if you rely heavily on these services
    * Filter on '800' in Navifirm+ to see RM-801 firmwares in the list
    * How to flash?!? => See this video on youtube AND (recommended) read this thread to get a better understanding.

Edit2:
    * XDA user surya467 has tried the new ROM, his findings so far:
    tethering
    export contacts to SIM
    advanced network settings for calls and messages
    additional option in video mode - the quality of
    Xbox animated tiles
    new sign on the top bar

Edit3:
    another XDA user 'Sirstoner ' tested the firmware; his conclusions:
    Facebook/Twitter
    * No Facebook integration in Contacts
    * No Twitter account selection possible

All the other stuff has been mentioned, tethering, settings and camera updated. But for everyone who uses facebook this one isn't any good... Damn, cuz I use facebook a lot :p
    Lots of China customization, lots of Chinese social networks intergration (cool logo's) but very pointless if ur a FB using european.

Languages
    Display language: UK / US / Chinese 1 and Chinese 2
    Region format: World
    System locale: World
    Browser language / search: World

Internet Sharing (tethering/WLAN hotspot)
    WLAN hotspot tested and confirmed working. So if that is more important for you than Facebook, there you go

Edit4:
    Some news sites report this firmware as being Chinese lumia 800 specific. The weird thing is that this is not true. While the rom itself is targeted for China (due to the language and fb/twitter leftout), the targetted device is the 'International' version of the Lumia 800 (RM-801). There is also a chinese version of the lumia 800, this is referred to as Lumia 800C (RM-802) in the repository. Last we have the US version of the Lumia 800 (RM-819).

Both the 800C (RM-802) and 800 'International' (RM-801) have the 12140 firmware available in the repository, while the RM-819 has not. Before today only the 800C had the socalled 12120 firmware, while the 800 'International' was left at 12070. Either way, for better world-wide support (fb/twitter/more languges) we have to wait for nokia to release 12140 firmware for other continents. My guess is this will be soon.

Last, updating this ROM with previous language packs works, but only for old functionality. Obviously these language packs (of firmware <= 12072) miss translations for new created sections such as the WiFi Hotspot menu.

Edit5:
    The c in 800c could also stand for CDMA as suggested by xda user nikatnight.
    i will try..will need to flash back to mango...

Sent from my Nokia 800 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
    I don't see the RM-801 listed

7.PNG
    I don't see the RM-801 listed

7.PNG

Its named Lumia 800. You can either scroll the list or use the filters to search for it.
    For Nokia Care Suite, always go to Seidea