Towelroot and Foxfi working with the VZW G3?

Search This thread

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Biggies for me and mutually inclusive:

1 Root

2 Disable updates

3 Enable card write permissions

4 Debloat

5 Foxfi

markfm

Mar 27, 2013
In the main "Root for ALL G3..." thread in the General G3 area, first post has a spreadsheet link.
The spreadsheet indicates IOroot works for VZW.
Any reason not to use it, instead of towelroot?

(I also want to debloat and get my tethering up, plus LBE Security Master to control app permissions and ads)

Last edited:

NedDasty

Sep 3, 2010
New York, NY
ioroot supposedly works

A recent post in the main thread claims that ioroot works on our VZW G3.

Mine was delivered but I'm stuck at work...

Badouken

Jan 7, 2013
Nashville
ya i just did it with ioroot. everything running perfectly
someone needs to make a thread on here saying which VZW and LG bloat apps are safe to remove. Ill probably root only and ONLY to debloat, I have no need to edit anything else on this phone till I get bored or frustrated at lack of updates (for when it inevitably happens).

markfm

Mar 27, 2013
Rushless -- OT, I know, but do you recall a decent app or how-to on sd card access with 4.4 after I root? I think one was mentioned on another forum but lost the link.

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
Thanks for the info. I am about to root my G3 and was wondering if you did the EFS Backup as suggested in the IOroot thread?
Thanks

No I haven't done it yet. I also had to play with it for a while to get adb to stay online and get the rsa certificate popup to come on my phone. Make sure you use the Verizon files

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium HD app

Samckaz

Aug 29, 2010
NYC
There are a few. Look up "sd card kitkat patch" in the market. They all alter the same script ;)
Rushless perhaps you can answer my question. Is the EFS Backup procedure necessary?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

No I haven't done it yet. I also had to play with it for a while to get adb to stay online and get the rsa certificate popup to come on my phone. Make sure you use the Verizon files

Thanks for the reply

esd07004

Jul 17, 2014

What did you to it to get the ADB and RSA certificate to popup? I'm USB'd in as ethernet, installed the Verizon files, reset my computer, even restored the G3... any hints would be much appreciated. ioroot just remains on ""daemon started successfully" :(

thedanks

Jul 17, 2012
What did you to it to get the ADB and RSA certificate to popup? I'm USB'd in as ethernet, installed the Verizon files, reset my computer, even restored the G3... any hints would be much appreciated. ioroot just remains on ""daemon started successfully" :(

You have to switch the usb connection method in the notification area to MTP and or Internet Connection > Ethernet. This is the solution you are looking for. You have to do it to enable usb debugging. Just go back and forth until you get the RSA popup.

TheShakes

Nov 5, 2012
You have to switch the usb connection method in the notification area to MTP and or Internet Connection > Ethernet. This is the solution you are looking for. You have to do it to enable usb debugging. Just go back and forth until you get the RSA popup.
I'm having the same problem. Verizon specific USB drivers loaded, have switched between MTP and Internet connection (Ethernet), device even says "USB debugging connected" when on the latter, but ioRoot is stuck on "waiting for ADB connection" no matter what I seem to do. Any other tips?

thedanks

Jul 17, 2012
I'm having the same problem. Verizon specific USB drivers loaded, have switched between MTP and Internet connection (Ethernet), device even says "USB debugging connected" when on the latter, but ioRoot is stuck on "waiting for ADB connection" no matter what I seem to do. Any other tips?

adb driver? i'm not sure, i didn't install the drivers recently, i had done the drivers for my g2 a while ago.

Top Liked Posts