Do you want 128MB upgrade?

Search This thread

tomal

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2006
Dhaka
Hey guy's:

Due to the high demand of memory for upcomming OS's I thought I would give you an opportunity to upgrade the memory of your Uni. As you know, one of my friends did the upgrade for me here (in Bangladesh). I discussed with him personally last night for his service and he has shown some interest.

Now I need to know spending how much is actually worth/comfortable for you. I'll then discuss with him further. But please note, chip has to be ordered/bought from eBay.

Let me know if your are interested.

UPDATE:

Details for upgrade -

• UPGRADE COST: USD 100 - included chips+service charge+return shipping (regular post).
  • UPGRADE COST: USD 110 - included chips+service charge+return shipping (express post). But Express post service is available for limited number of countries.
  • You can provide the chips if you want but they have to proven working. 20$ will be deducted from the total cost in this case.
  • You must bear the cost for shipping from your end.
  • Complete device is not accepted. You need to unmount the device and send ONLY the mainboard without any other assembly.
  • The mainboard must be well-packed during shipping. The same packaging may be used for return shipping.
  • The whole process could take approximately 6-8 weeks (including shipping/upgrade/return shipping).
  • I will not take the responsibility in case the board is damaged or lost during transit.
  • Due to export control regulation: some of the countries are considered out of this project. i.e. Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and all other countries those has direct border to Singapore. Italy has no usual restriction but the postal handling is not so pleasant. Parcel may get lost during shipping/return shipping so it is up to your interest.
  • Payment (PayPal is prefered) has to be made only when you get notified that the upgrade is done. Board will be then re-shipped.
  • PM me if you're interested and I'll then provide you the shipping address.

Cheers

Last edited:

tomal

May 30, 2006
Dhaka
@orb:
you need to send your mainboard, not the whole unit.
the board will be returned after upgrade. in this way it will help to avoid tax.
We will discuss about all other concerns but first I need to know the interest from you guys.

enigma1nz

I am interested. Can afford $50, I guess.
Your friend could also do USB port repairs, seems to be the problem that far too many Unis and their owners suffer from.
Question: Can chips be harvested off a defunct Uni/Wizard board? I have some lying around gathering dust in various states of disrepair or repair is simply uneconomical, but I know the RAM BGA chips are fine. Can give chips as part of payment... perhaps...
What do they cost on eBay?

tomal

May 30, 2006
Dhaka
Your friend could also do USB port repairs, seems to be the problem that far too many Unis and their owners suffer from.
Question: Can chips be harvested off a defunct Uni/Wizard board? I have some lying around gathering dust in various states of disrepair or repair is simply uneconomical, but I know the RAM BGA chips are fine. Can give chips as part of payment... perhaps...
Consider it is not a commercial service. He will do it because of my request. But in the other way, we need to pay him something or he will not feel the interest. Also there is a cost involved for returned shipping.

P.S: I just checked at eBay, a pair of chips are about 20$ (including shipping).

regards

enigma1nz

'Duke'

Feb 17, 2008
Dhaka
xdaforums.com
yes mate there we are i am from dhaka and i am very much interested 4 the upgrade.i think i pm u about this.it will be very much appricated if u provide some of ur contact info 4 ur country mates..cheers tomal 4 ur hard work...i will look 4word 4 the reply...

boxchevy

Jan 13, 2009
LG V30
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Very Interested

Not sure the exact amount I would spend currently. Maybe we need to figure out how much it is for return shipping then go from there as far as payment. Most of the users are closer to you I would assume than I. But Im definately interested in this idea. Is there a way to get a flat rate shipping from your end to the rest of us throughout the world? Something similar to what the USPS is offering now with certain boxes that weigh under 70 pounds. Hopefully so but you can count me in. Also would be hoping you and your friend could offer the broken USB port repair.

Also BIG THANKS for the great roms and support you have provided to us Uni lovers :) We ask you keep up the awesome work. :D

'Duke'

Feb 17, 2008
Dhaka
xdaforums.com
tomal mate try to find those chips everywhere but couldnt find it.i tried ebay.co.uk couse i hade relative down there who can bring it 4 me.i tried ebay.com aswell but no solution..will u kind enough to show me those links where to buy..cheers...

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
@orb:
you need to send your mainboard, not the whole unit.
the board will be returned after upgrade. in this way it will help to avoid tax.
We will discuss about all other concerns but first I need to know the interest from you guys.

Ok, I will have to learn how to take out the mainboard in order to send it.

As you mentioned, let´s hear the other interests

Thanks mate!

'Duke'

Feb 17, 2008
Dhaka
xdaforums.com
mate what about those empty space beside the ram chip.if that is 4 extra flash disk than any chance to upgrade it i mean are those chips avilable in market like increaseing more f disk in main board like ram ........any suggations.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I doubt that anybody will answer you because this thread is dead for more than two years...
    But anyway, Uni has built-in two 32MB memory chips. The only known way how to expand memory on Uni is to replace these two chips with two 64MB chips. And if I remember correctly you have to bridge some jumper on the board as well. Everything about that can be found here on the forum. As far as I know the Uni can't handle chips with more than 64MB.
    And one more thing - on the Uni motherboard there is a place for another two chips but nobody knows how to configure Uni to use them. So we are left with the only known working possibility - take out the two 32MB chips and put in two 64MB chips.
    Yes, it would be great to have something like 256-1024 MB of RAM and Android on that but the reality is just so...

LET's give life again to this post.
    As anyone have some info about this question, really very interesting?
    "... And one more thing - on the Uni motherboard there is a place for another two chips but nobody knows how to configure Uni to use them ..."
    Many thanks to all that makes our old but funtastic UNI still updated, as is for me, the best phone ever

Cheers and a fantastic 2013 !!!
    Pedro