[ROM][ICS] Unofficial CM9 Alpha - Ice Cream Sandwich

Search This thread

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Are both cm9 threads the same build??

The old thread wasn't updated with what is working/not working. I moved it to a thread I could update as progress is completed. I also released a new build with working multi-touch and usb tether when i made this thread.

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
I noticed signal to be a bit iffy. Sitting in the exact location it fluctuated from full bars lte to 0 bars hspa

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

ldzman218

Mar 14, 2011
Sorry to rehash an old topic, but how did you implement the invisible menu button? I know that the touchscreen and the cap buttons share the same digitizer, so I'm assuming a kernel modification allowed it? I'd like to build a custom zip to flash over the jelly bean cm10 alpha, but I'm not sure how I would do it

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Sorry to rehash an old topic, but how did you implement the invisible menu button? I know that the touchscreen and the cap buttons share the same digitizer, so I'm assuming a kernel modification allowed it? I'd like to build a custom zip to flash over the jelly bean cm10 alpha, but I'm not sure how I would do it

Its a device tree change and a frameworks base change. Its something we'll need to implement and push to gerrit for CM approval. Probably get it added to the Hardware Keys menu to enable it.

Be patient, we like it to, but im sure camera, vid camera, rotation crashes, and other bugs are much more important right now :).

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
In the dialer call *#*#4636#*#*, select phone information and change your data type to LTE. That should work, or at least it did with me on older CM9 builds.

Ok, I'm having a very strange issue. I haven't been getting a LTE signal on on any AOSP ROMs but I didn't really notice because I've been throttled lately. I have the correct APN set so I saw the posts about changing this so I decided to give it a try. Problem is that I have no LTE option to select at all. Screen shot attached. Anyone have any idea what this means?

Also, I flashed a Sense based ROM yesterday and couldn't get data at all. It said mobile data was connected and I had the 4G LTE icon but no data. I was using the same APN as I am now, the default LTE APN. I didn't try the dialer thing because I didn't know about it at the time. I'm guessing both issues have something to do with each other but I don't know why they are happening. Anyone have any idea at all?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-01-23-07-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-01-23-07-11.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 254

stw303

May 30, 2006
Taradale
Ok, I'm having a very strange issue. I haven't been getting a LTE signal on on any AOSP ROMs but I didn't really notice because I've been throttled lately. I have the correct APN set so I saw the posts about changing this so I decided to give it a try. Problem is that I have no LTE option to select at all. Screen shot attached. Anyone have any idea what this means?

Also, I flashed a Sense based ROM yesterday and couldn't get data at all. It said mobile data was connected and I had the 4G LTE icon but no data. I was using the same APN as I am now, the default LTE APN. I didn't try the dialer thing because I didn't know about it at the time. I'm guessing both issues have something to do with each other but I don't know why they are happening. Anyone have any idea at all?

For me it was a 2 step process:

Goto info screen, which you've done.
Select LTE only
Once the signal says 4G, select LTE/GSM/CDMA auto
Exit and your phone will auto select 4G/3G until the next restart

Simon

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
Try using the app SWITCHIT -4G LTE or something like that in the market. It let me get my LTE going when all else failed. Just try some settings to see what works. But its a pretty cool switch.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Only because i'm OCD and it doesn't look like you mentioned, can you go into Settings -> Data Usage (or w/e is equivelant for the ROM youre running) and verify your 'Mobile Data' is turned on.

Yea, my mobile data is turned on works fine on AOSP ROMs just can't connect to LTE because I have no LTE options. On sense based ROMs it says it's on and connected to LTE but there is no actual data being transferred.

sdotfitz

Sep 6, 2010
Hey guys I ran cm10 for a week but the battery was too bad for my needs what's ur guys batt usage stats like on this ROM vs sense based

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

z3r0fam3

Aug 25, 2009
Hey guys I ran cm10 for a week but the battery was too bad for my needs what's ur guys batt usage stats like on this ROM vs sense based

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

So far pretty good. I started using it as my daily a few days ago, and it seems to make it through the work day. My battery lasted longer running RebelROM, but I imagine it will just keep getting better with each release.

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Anyone else having wake locks? I found 1 app that was causing an issue, but now i am still having the issue, and no apps are saying they are keeping it awake. Loving the rom, battery not so much, lol.

maybewehitamoose

Dec 3, 2011
Beaverton, OR
Anyone else having wake locks? I found 1 app that was causing an issue, but now i am still having the issue, and no apps are saying they are keeping it awake. Loving the rom, battery not so much, lol.

I do see some crazy wake lock stuff happening, but it doesn't seem to be doing much to hurt my battery life. 3 hours of idle time and at 97% with 10 minutes of screen on time. Yesterday I had two hours of screen on time and 14 hours of idle time and I was at 66% when I plugged my phone in before bed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description and Disclaimer:

This is an Alpha version of CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4).

There is very very limited support for this as we are currently working towards Jellybean here

Myself and anyone else working on the unofficial CyanogenMod ports will not be able to promise that this won't make your phone explode into puppies, unicorns and rainbows.....or a violent fireball. You are accepting this risk by continuing forth.

Working:
    • Multitouch *NEW*
    • USB Tethering *NEW*
    • Bluetooth
    • Notification LED
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Auto-Brightness
    • Voice / Data
    • SMS/MMS
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • NFC / Android Beam
    • App Switch button = Menu
    • Auto-Rotation
    • Proximity sensor
    • Camera (Still shots and Zero Shutter Lag)
    • Video Camera (works about 85-90% of the time. The other 10-15% you get a garbled video output)

Not working:
    • Video Camera is flaky.
    • Panorama Camera images.

Installation Instructions:
    Download the latest CM9 .zip file from here.
    Download ICS Google Apps from here.
    Reboot into CWM or TWRP recovery.
    Factory Data reset. (MUST DO THIS if coming from a non-CM9 rom!)
    Flash CM9 .zip file.
    Reboot.
    Reboot into recovery.
    Flash ICS Google apps.
    Enjoy!

Github

Huge thanks:
    vinvinvinster - Getting me back into Android development and initial CM9 port!
    intervigil - Being a freaking genius.
    xkonni - For also being a freaking genius, and making me laugh while I should be working.
    rohan - Awesome dude, breaks his back (and his laptop) to bring you guys AOKP .
    Yes, because we are working on JB right now. I will go back and dig around in ICS once we are able to get these JB issues fixed so we can merge upstream before they end up doing a release (and we miss the wagon again).

Working on getting this merged up to CM this weekend for nightlies :).

EDIT: Not bad...said we'd work on upstreaming JB and come back for ICS....only been 10 days since I said that :)
    FWIW, we are still working on merging cm9 up. Our focus is getting JB done though.

Got nothing to do with user base :).