Android L discussion thread

Search This thread

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Not even Nexus devices get support for such a long time. You can't be for real.

That's what I literally mean :silly:

I question mark the Android lifecycle support policies generally and SamSung specifically. As you're all aware of that if you're Windows Phone or iOS user, you will get the best of it for at least 4 years :good:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
In terms of visual design, what is most likely going to change when Samsung puts Touchwiz on it? Do you think most of the card style interface will remain? what about the bright contrasting colour theme?

mezo91

Dec 6, 2012
Cairo
Guys its too soon to talk about Android L now cuz it is still under development from google and after its release in Fall as they assume, Samsung will then take it and develop it itself to be compatible with touchwiz and all bloat ware then test and then release to public and in phases not all at once.
I assume it will take 6 to 7 months, maybe when S6 arrives will arrive with new android L.

MOPKOBKA

Nov 22, 2013
kamerton.knitknot.info
I plan to start development for auto extension of L. However I am curious about supporting it from car makers. Did Google already shared info which maker will make HU compatible with Android L? What kind of interface do they plan to use? I assume BT isn't sufficient for transferring video.

CLARiiON

Apr 10, 2013
1. Brightness slider in notification bar
2. Battery saver
3. Pop-up notification
4. DND
5. Knox

^^ All these above are already present in many Samsung phone. Stock Android have lot of catching up to do with OEM software in terms of actual usability.

UI tweaks for me is the last thing I am worried about.

dandroid13

Dec 19, 2010
Porto Alegre
However they are requiring all OEMs to have all the features from android L present in their skins. This might transfer over to the new layering design of android L
Sure but Google's still playing catch up with OEMs' skins. My guess is that we won't see much of a difference in appearance, but we'll have awesome performance on Samsung's top hardware.

MadManMark

Nov 7, 2010
That's what I literally mean :silly:

I question mark the Android lifecycle support policies generally and SamSung specifically. As you're all aware of that if you're Windows Phone or iOS user, you will get the best of it for at least 4 years :good:

Which windows phones have been proven to be updated for such a long time? If I remember correctly none of their phones could go from 7 to 8 lol. Anyway, most people only keep their phones for 2 years, so the requirement of 4 years is a bit mad....

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts