flash from 2.3.3 to 4.x

Search This thread

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Hello all, i need help from you i9000 folks :)

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

My friend asked me if i could flash a newer android version on her i9000 that is still stock 2.3.3 , never rooted or flashed. I've owned a i9001 and i9300 so i'm familiar with odin and flashing of samsung devices, my only concern is that i've read a lot about losing IMEI and thus mobile signal. i've also read that it's not advised to flash to a JB version directly from stock 2.3, is that right?
So basically if i want to flash one of the 4.3 or 4.4 roms what's the procedure here? Are there any special steps/precautions before flashing over 2.3.3 ?

Basically , you need to follow how the Android OS was cooked, its froyo>GB>ICS>JB>Kit Kat, doing this will have all the ingredients, jumping from one to the other may lack some ingredients:laugh:

anyway, just follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat

Reactions: rayiskon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Basically , you need to follow how the Android OS was cooked, its froyo>GB>ICS>JB>Kit Kat, doing this will have all the ingredients, jumping from one to the other may lack some ingredients:laugh:

anyway, just follow this [Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat