Widgets Problem

Search This thread

RADLOUNI

Jun 25, 2009
Dubai
Hi Guys

I am facing a problem with HTC widgets. The problem is that the widgets keep reloading their content frequently

So as i flip through the 5 pages of widgets (mail, people, calendar, news, etc), the contacts in the people widget or the appointments in the calendar widget for example would disappear and the widget would reload them within 5 seconds

I never faced this problem with my desire HD, I dont know but it looks like a memory shortage/allocation problem that is leading to sense clearing whats held in RAM for those widgets.

Has anyone faced this before ? looks like sense 3.0 is still highly unoptimized from a memory usage perspective. On top of this, my desire HD used to fly as compared to the Sensation, Dual core my Ass.................

Last edited:

BonesRed

Apr 27, 2010
Lower East Side, NYC
This happens for me as well but I never considered it a problem. It seems to me that the widgets actually don't update all the time and instead are updating On-demand so the first time you scroll to it in, an __- hour period (I'm not sure how long the time frame is) it takes a few seconds to populate the widget.

I figured it was a battery saver and didn't don't mind it.

I do get a weird text jump back and forth between contact name/contact number in the text messaging widget though and it happens pretty frequently.

RADLOUNI

Jun 25, 2009
Dubai
not update

This happens for me as well but I never considered it a problem. It seems to me that the widgets actually don't update all the time and instead are updating On-demand so the first time you scroll to it in, an __- hour period (I'm not sure how long the time frame is) it takes a few seconds to populate the widget.

I figured it was a battery saver and didn't don't mind it.

I do get a weird text jump back and forth between contact name/contact number in the text messaging widget though and it happens pretty frequently.

Hi BonesRed

does not seem to be an update problem, since not only the friend stream widget does that, but also the contacts/calendar widget

This never happened with the desire HD, and whenever data is being reloaded, the old data is kept displayed until updated with the new data

puiutzuusa

May 15, 2010
Boca Ville
OnePlus 9
Apparently the native widgets work good for me, but other ones like pandora, soundhound etc. have pixel glitches, see pic, sometimes only 1 widget sometimes the whole screen.... don't know if anybody else has the same problem and don't know if I should exchange my sensation.:(

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 119

Castle5665

May 24, 2010
My widget content will reload but only after a considerable amount of time without use. After the initial load, flipping through pages has no reloads until it's been in my pocket for awhile again.

puiutzuusa

May 15, 2010
Boca Ville
OnePlus 9
that sucks, mean while the commercial goes on and on- the YOU phone"CAN GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT INSTANTLY"........ like what? if I'm not able to see my home screen...... hopefully an OTA will bring happiness and unlocked bootloader..... don't want to change too much on it, just tweak a little and get rid of bloatware..... HOPES UP HTC!!!

KhanSW

Apr 28, 2011
Valdosta
I'm actually having the opposite provlem, at least with the friendstream widget. I can't get it to update. I've tried manually synching from the widget and from android settings menu but nothing seems to work, its still stuck on July 18th for some reason. Any one have any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

ave14

Feb 3, 2011
screen glitch

My widgets are causing pixil glitches as well. Any ideas on what the cause is

tu3712

Apr 12, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
I have all the issues stated in the thread do far too. I love this phone but it's not as fast as they promote it to be and the pixel glitches only happen on my google search bar and market widget. hopefully they will get it figured out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App