[ROM][2.2]DragonMODz Nightly#2[Peoples ROM][9/3/2011][12:25pm]

Search This thread

Evil Avnovice

Apr 18, 2011
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but when you download something from the marketplace, the icons for both "downloading" and "successfully downloaded" appear side by side, even though the app has already finished downloading.

E

ECOTOX

ok guys, workin on the kernel and rom again this week (i got some time to do it =]) I got someone else that is/may be joining the team to help out (I'll let them announce who they are if they want to) I'm also looking for someone to do themeing. No need to be some super android dev or something, we can work things around our schedules and skill sets to get things going. My time has been less then I'd like lately and having more help could really make things progress better. If you are interested in joining the team please PM me =] I'm looking for people to work on all the diff Galaxy S devices.

Edit: Experience in linux, programming, image editing, etc. is a plus but not needed, only thing required is willingness to learn, some image editor experience, and at least a some computer knowledge

Last edited by a moderator:

joroboyvn

Jun 11, 2009
Varna
Google Pixel 3a
LG V60 ThinQ
Worst rom ever!!!

I`m sorry to say that but this is the worst rom I`ve ever tried.. I got my Vibrant a year ago and been flashing it hundreds of times but never experienced so many issues in a single rom. First it was force closing as crazy, worst signal, which leads to worst data connection, and finally my phone can't be unlocked(now I have black screen all the time) and don't tell me how to flash it, because I know I did it perfectly. And what the hell is that booting sound(melody) or whatever it is, nobody needs that. Big disappointment overall... Again I'm sorry dude but you've wasted my time, therefore I post it... now I have to reflash...

E

ECOTOX

I`m sorry to say that but this is the worst rom I`ve ever tried.. I got my Vibrant a year ago and been flashing it hundreds of times but never experienced so many issues in a single rom. First it was force closing as crazy, worst signal, which leads to worst data connection, and finally my phone can't be unlocked(now I have black screen all the time) and don't tell me how to flash it, because I know I did it perfectly. And what the hell is that booting sound(melody) or whatever it is, nobody needs that. Big disappointment overall... Again I'm sorry dude but you've wasted my time, therefore I post it... now I have to reflash...

wow....say how ya feel why dont ya....its removable if you dont want it...also its not even complete dude =3 Chill out before you start attacking people. Idk why any of those issues happened to you, but sorry it was such a bad experience. =/

PS; Hey guys, DL's taken down temporarily, gonna be restructuring things with the ROM/thread (dont worry not its not cuz of that guy ^)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinxi

Mar 14, 2011
Seattle
This is hilarious as he probably just has one of those crappy vibrants that can't handle the perfection that is your kernel. Which means it's not rom related. Which means this guys being an ass when he could just be normal and ask for help.

But hey, manners aren't for everybody.

Oh, and signal just means get off your lazy butt flash the modem which works best for you. It's different in various areas.

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
This is hilarious as he probably just has one of those crappy vibrants that can't handle the perfection that is your kernel. Which means it's not rom related. Which means this guys being an ass when he could just be normal and ask for help.

But hey, manners aren't for everybody.

Oh, and signal just means get off your lazy butt flash the modem which works best for you. It's different in various areas.

Sad to say but my days of what seemed to be Unlimited OC'ing are gone.... my old Vibrant which seem to be able to handle any overclocking speed, running well at max on any kernel including Glitch V12 Beta 2 @ 1700mHz, died the other day... USB port started acting funny and then just stopped working all together. I was no longer able to charger or Odin. T-mobile covered the phone under warranty and sent me a replacement.

My replacement needless to say, SUCKS.... can't OC really at all... FC at 1200 just swiping from screen to screen on my desktop sometimes. Seem to run cooler then my old phone @1000 and all my backups work fine but I havn't been able to find a Kernel then doesn't crash when overclocking just a little.

So, Yes... the moral of my little rant is that your Phone can and does make a BIG difference on what kernels and roms containing kernels you can use.

EDIT: by the way, still love your work and Thank You ECOTOX for all you have done to make our phones that much more enjoyable to use.

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

Sad to say but my days of what seemed to be Unlimited OC'ing are gone.... my old Vibrant which seem to be able to handle any overclocking speed, running well at max on any kernel including Glitch V12 Beta 2 @ 1700mHz, died the other day... USB port started acting funny and then just stopped working all together. I was no longer able to charger or Odin. T-mobile covered the phone under warranty and sent me a replacement.

My replacement needless to say, SUCKS.... can't OC really at all... FC at 1200 just swiping from screen to screen on my desktop sometimes. Seem to run cooler then my old phone @1000 and all my backups work fine but I havn't been able to find a Kernel then doesn't crash when overclocking just a little.

So, Yes... the moral of my little rant is that your Phone can and does make a BIG difference on what kernels and roms containing kernels you can use.

EDIT: by the way, still love your work and Thank You ECOTOX for all you have done to make our phones that much more enjoyable to use.

DUDE NO fishman! That sucks......Can you exchange that one??????? I wa slucky and my replacement vibrant was exactly the same as my old one. Cant say the same for my nexus s 4g though =\ that thing is a sissy that wont OC even to 1.1ghz......XP

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
DUDE NO fishman! That sucks......Can you exchange that one??????? I wa slucky and my replacement vibrant was exactly the same as my old one. Cant say the same for my nexus s 4g though =\ that thing is a sissy that wont OC even to 1.1ghz......XP

Thinking of switching phones with my girl... she has a Vibrant as well and her's can be OC'ed to the Moon also... like she's gonna miss it.... lol :p

Last edited:
E

ECOTOX

2.2 ROM is being discontinued, switching to IcS work. 2.2 kernel will get one more major update then it will go into maintenance phase. there are plenty of 2.2 roms out there so I feel mine isn't needed. Kernel on the other hand will bring much needed performance, feature, and security enhancements from 2.3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
2.2 ROM is being discontinued, switching to IcS work. 2.2 kernel will get one more major update then it will go into maintenance phase. there are plenty of 2.2 roms out there so I feel mine isn't needed. Kernel on the other hand will bring much needed performance, feature, and security enhancements from 2.3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Hi Eco.... First off sorry for the ressurection of the thread but I m looking for a recent Froyo kernel (to no avail till now I have to concede).

So I need ask whether you were able to upgrade your kernel eventually (with the latest and the best for our little PHONE). If so where would I be able to find/download it?

Thanks for your great work, I remember clearly that I was using your kernels back in the day so I would be glad to do so once again (hopefully in an updated package).
Again - thank you.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Try this it is nightly number 3.
http://db.tt/scai7KMO

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Hi, thanks for that. I've installed it and I got a couple of kernel panics though. Are you sure it's compiled correctly? My system was freshly Odined (restored from stock), running Darky's port for Vibrant.

I'll keep looking and if I see that nothing else works -sadly- I'd have to restore to stock once again...

JediDru

Nov 10, 2010
Chicago
You mentioned Darky this Is for 2.2 and 2.2.1 only. I don't mean to insult you if I am but, I am not aware of a froyo darky rom ported to vibrant.

JediDru

Nov 10, 2010
Chicago
That's an oldie lol. I could have sworn dark didn't touch down here until GB oh well. I have used this with great effect on fishmans bionix tweak as well as Zen Droid froyo. As recently as 2/10/12. So I can't really help with the kernel panics.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
That's an oldie lol. I could have sworn dark didn't touch down here until GB oh well. I have used this with great effect on fishmans bionix tweak as well as Zen Droid froyo. As recently as 2/10/12. So I can't really help with the kernel panics.

Dunno, for some reason darky's roms (as far as Samsung Roms go) stuck with me and no matter whether I'm on 2.2.1 or GB I use his.... Anyhow I'm gonna check a couple more things and if I see that the problem persists I'm gonna restore from stock (once again) and see how it goes.

It would be great if the OP was to show up maybe he could clear up why this kernel may not play well with Darky...

Lastly I clearly remember that Ecotox had released some kernels which were able to go up to 1.5ghz, any idea where I can find them? Google was not kind in that end either (I think they were named SSJx or something like that).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E
    ECOTOX

DMzXda.jpg

KERNEL THREAD HERE
    -------------------------
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1049894

nothingtodo.jpg

notres1.jpg

notres2.jpg

cooltext518065216.jpg

(Helps to Fund My Game Company (we REALLY need it), get new devices, and help me get more dropbox space, etc. =] )

glaxytmo.jpg

New Ringtones and boot sound all courtesy of Nouriel =]
    Check Nouriel out on Youtube,Myspace, and Twitter

changelog.jpg

( * means its been completed and is in the kernel)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25791676/DMz_Changelog.txt

SCREENSHOTS
    ----------------------------
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16745802&postcount=1071

ROM FEATURES
    ----------------------------
    Debloated
    Optimized Build Prop (thnx Master&Slave)
    Lockscreen Mod & Power Menu (thnx Whitehawkx for saving me some time)
    TouchWiz 4 by Fr4gg0r
    AM/PM hide and clock hide working
    New Ringtones (thanks to Nouriel)
    Bootsound Support
    Changed Pulldown To black vs Grey
    Init.d Tweaks (found around the net)
    Theme in Progress (if anyone wants to submit one I'll use it gladly =])
    ------------------------------

If anyone wishes to submit a theme for the rom here are the guide lines

1.Needs to Be a Combo of Blk/Blue, Blk/Red, Blk/Prpl, or Blk/Green

2.Try to make any icons,etc. more squarish (they dont have to be but thatd be nice ^^)

3.Other then that look to WP7 or My DMz Mascot/Logo for inspiration ^^

Any other modifications you guys find and want in the ROM please post here or PM me with, I will gladly add them =] (as long as it isnt to outlandish XD) This is a peoples ROM and you guys should be deciding what you want in it.

Screen off Profiles are not needed or recommended on this kernel/ROM (its got it handled =P)

thanks.jpg

---------------------------------------
    TO ALL DEVS! FOR THE HARD WORK WITH NO REAL GUARANTEE OF THANKS OR APPRECIATION =]
    -------------------------------------------

sources.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
    https://github.com/ECOTOX

------------------------------------------

download.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIGHTLY

ROM

ROM No Wipe

E
    ECOTOX
    are there any screen shots?

just a min =]

edit1:right now its pretty much just touchwiz4....themes are very welcome based on the mild guidelines i posted =] (i dont like themeing >.< lol =P)

edit2:link in OP
    E
    ECOTOX
    nightly #3 is on the way...trying to finish the EmuZone app for it this weekend
    E
    ECOTOX
    A mass emulator app, first version will have psx/n64

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    E
    ECOTOX
    Josh, you're the man! I was hoping you'd do something like this where we get a chance to voice what we'd like to see in it. Here are some of my suggestions if you don't mind?

- V6 Supercharger Script or the init file for Option #9 (or whatever the general public finds quickest)
    - the newest gps tweak which has really proven to be great for me the last 2 days.
    - Miui Lockscreen (if it doesn't already have that)
    - Honeycomb Battery Icon

I'm sure I'll have other suggestions as time goes on. Thanks for all of your hard work. You're a good man and a great developer! Keep it going.

- Mat

Miui lockscreen should be there already =]

I'll work on the v6 script and GPS tweak.

PS. update on nighty #3, just about done with it. I gotta work tomorrow morning so I need to get some rest. I'll have it done VERY soon though =]

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk