So heres the Fat question: Who's returning and who's keeping

Search This thread

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Just a basic question, no trolling. Just wondering what issues people have, and wondering who's leaving it for something else.

Im still intended on keeping this, but if that HTC DNA comes out writing my return period (45 days)I might have to consider that instead.

Last edited:

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
Returning. Camera is terrible. Will either go back to my s3 or wait for the HTC DNA.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
It seems like the camera issues are mainly software so I assume they will be fixed. Pocket now did a video sample and it came out great!

Even if the camera gets an update it still won't be as good as the s3, but the large battery makes up for it imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Deus_eps_machina

Dec 21, 2010
Keeping.

I cant imagine going to any other device right now. It just feels so nice in my hands. Recovery is on its way, we have root, just need JB ROMs and i will be set.

Deus_eps_machina

Dec 21, 2010
Apparently TWRP from the RAZR M works fine for this (not scaled for an HD screen).

Devs are currently silent, but i suggest you saunter on over to the Dev forum on XDA and check out the JB leak thread.

G

GuestK00136

After 7 days of use, I am on the fence.

With the "Smart Actions" application, I am lasting a day plus on battery alone.

The build quality is solid and like Deus_eps_machina said, it feels good in the palm of your hand.

Although intermittent, I am finding that the radio drops completely when I have full LTE to a red triangle.

With Jellybean around the corner (they're are leaks already), I am hoping that my signal issues are addressed.

If so, I will hold on to this until the next glut of "flagship" devices arrive.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
I've never experienced the signal issue, but have been reading about it. Try doing an exchange?

shock2sys

Dec 8, 2010
Indiana
Perhaps with the upcoming update a new radio firmware will improve the signal quality? My Razr has been doing great.
Anyway, I'm keeping this girl. I'm on 1d and 15hrs usage with over 4 hours of screen time. My old g-nex wouldn't have been able to touch 1/2 of that battery performance. the only major issue with this phone, as others have pointed out, is the lousy camera. the camera sucks but it isn't a deal breaker.

snowmanwithahat

Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
Perhaps with the upcoming update a new radio firmware will improve the signal quality? My Razr has been doing great.
Anyway, I'm keeping this girl. I'm on 1d and 15hrs usage with over 4 hours of screen time. My old g-nex wouldn't have been able to touch 1/2 of that battery performance. the only major issue with this phone, as others have pointed out, is the lousy camera. the camera sucks but it isn't a deal breaker.

My thoughts exactly. I don't own it yet but I plan on buying it. Coming from the Nexus S I don't have high expectations in regards to the camera... I'm sad I'm leaving stock AOSP behind though

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
My thoughts exactly. I don't own it yet but I plan on buying it. Coming from the Nexus S I don't have high expectations in regards to the camera... I'm sad I'm leaving stock AOSP behind though

Its so close to AOSP that I dont think you will be that saddened (at least in the visual sense). With Nova launcher and the stock jelly bean icons, you would be pretty happy IMHO.

DertyDOH

Dec 30, 2010
its tough for me cuz I have the S3, so its about which one do I want more. Had I not used the s3 I'd think this phone was insane. But I know first hand the camera is well below. And with cm10 and razr m launcher the S3 is basically the same ui.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
its tough for me cuz I have the S3, so its about which one do I want more. Had I not used the s3 I'd think this phone was insane. But I know first hand the camera is well below. And with cm10 and razr m launcher the S3 is basically the same ui.

That Black SGS3 looks great, but with the HTC DNA / Note 2 and even the 8x, I think id rather hold out for those (or keep the razr)

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
Seems like the note 2 is getting awesome battery life....anyone have any opinions on which phone would last longer?

I would vote this one. 200mAh more, smaller screen and no touchwiz. Spec wise, the note 2 blows this out of the water in every category other than battery size and durability. Reception probably is better on the RAZR too.

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
If the camera is bothering you that much just download camera zoom fx from the app store and you will notice a huge difference

But I don't think the stock camera is THAT bad

Sent from my Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 with Verizon 4G LTE

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
i have tried camerazoomfx, it does improve slightly but it is still below par....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want a camera, go buy a camera its a phone not a Nikon. Keep that in mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
    I find it so funny that people complain so much about their phone not being able to function as a camera... Maybe it's just me, I'm not on fb and don't take a ton of pictures.

I would like to say my Nikon has been having terrible cell signal... Hoping they address this in the next wave of top-notch cameras! :)
    You really shouldn't post a battery use pic that shows a massive recharge. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I got the Razr HD Maxx the first day it was available from Verizon. I actually left TMobile after over 10 years with them specifically for the phone and I have to say I'm very, very happy with the phone.

My last phone at TMobile was the HTC Amaze 4G.

Things I like better about the Razr HD Maxx:
    Battery life
    Reception (this could just be the network)
    Battery life
    Screen size
    Battery life
    Build quality
    Battery life

Things I liked better about the Amaze 4G:
    Camera
    Definitely keeping.
    Love the GS3 hardware but can't get over how cheap Samsung phones feel in the hand. Plastic and glass will never compete with kevlar, aluminum, and official gorilla glass.

Camera is meaningless for me and the 2 photos a month I take besides this is already being revamped in 4.1.

Battery of course because I stream internet radio stations and this kills your battery faster than anything.

HATE the gs3's bloated overbearing UI. Closest to pure Android wins.

If Sammy would put in a monster maxx battery, put it's UI overlay on a major diet, and stop handing off the case design to Playskool they'd get a serious look from me but you have to admit that's a lot of "ifs". I totally support anyone buying a GS3 if it keeps them out of Apple's wallet sucking walled garden but it's not quite for me.

RAZR HD MAXX