[KERNEL][4.3/4.4][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2att 3.4.y [2014-08-03]

Search This thread

wally3614

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2007
Jacksonville
xdaforums.com
Re: [KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2att [2013-02-13]

How are you enjoying the combo so far? I'm on underwear but itching to flash this one now!

Don't wait any longer! :D hands down. I always used tasks til this, I started having issues on the new LS/Illusion someone turned me in to this, no wake locks, nothing broken! Stupid sick kernel! Stuuuupid sick!

LiquidSmooth/Illusion 4.2.2

howtomen

Jan 10, 2011
Brea CA
amazing kernel! great screen mod. makes everyone else jelly ;D lol curious to know whats upcoming :p i havent really seen a kernel with features such as GPU or UV and charge currents... but this kernel is awesome as is so thanks a ton.

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com

amazing kernel! great screen mod. makes everyone else jelly ;D lol curious to know whats upcoming :p i havent really seen a kernel with features such as GPU or UV and charge currents... but this kernel is awesome as is so thanks a ton.

Voltage control will be available in the next version. Along with some more governors and more battery saving tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

howtomen

Jan 10, 2011
Brea CA

Also curious i heard that theres an interactivex gov thats really tuned up for the s3.. Its on lean kernel... Any opinions on it?

trolol and awayyy!! Expect typos this is my phone.

TheSeanTeam

Feb 13, 2007

Also curious i heard that theres an interactivex gov thats really tuned up for the s3.. Its on lean kernel... Any opinions on it?

trolol and awayyy!! Expect typos this is my phone.

I used to use LK before trying BMS. To me it seems that I get all the smoothness of LK but a bit more battery life. Totally unscientific, but that's what I've seen so far.

I don't think you can go wrong with either but I'm gonna be sticking with BMS for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: djdoubt03

z34370z

Apr 10, 2011

I am currently running tasks AOKP 2-15 build. And running the BMS kernel. I keep getting random app force closes. I'm not oced or anything using row/on demand. I've cleared cache/dalvik several times to no avail. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

GideonX

Jun 10, 2010
NYC
www.droidhype.com

I am currently running tasks AOKP 2-15 build. And running the BMS kernel. I keep getting random app force closes. I'm not oced or anything using row/on demand. I've cleared cache/dalvik several times to no avail. Anyone else experiencing this?

Might be a voltage issue. Next version will allow you to adjust so you can raise it a bit to get everything stable.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: theadb and howtomen

z34370z

Apr 10, 2011

Might be a voltage issue. Next version will allow you to adjust so you can raise it a bit to get everything stable.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I've been messing around with the phone clearing cache and dalvik a few more timea and also clearing data on any of the apps that force closed multiple times. Rebooted the phone a handful of times. I didn't want to give up on the kernel just yet because otherwise the phone was running super fast and smooth, and its been OK the rest of the day so far.

Reactions: GideonX

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010

Been running this for a week. Good stuff. Looking forward to the new governers

abteer

Dec 24, 2007
Florence, KY
Google Pixel 6
Re: [KERNEL][JB42][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2att [2013-02-20]

Installed 30 minutes ago and running nice and smooth so far. Thank you for the work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Death&co

Jun 13, 2012
The "Electrifying Posterior" Build 2013-02-20 - http://goo.gl/rTstL

- Sync'd to latest CM source
- User voltage control
- Added Wheatley, Smoothass2, Badass, Asswax
- cpu1 offlining/onlining adjustments via auto_hotplug
- Removal of debug and sec_debug, kernel went on a small diet.

Thank you! Will try it out now. Currently running Liquid Smooth 4.2.2. Any recommended settings to try off the bat?
Edit: Up and running. Wow, these colors are looking amazing!

Last edited:

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
This kernel is awesome!! I get terrific battery life. I'm running with conservative/row and I undervolted everything by 75. I'm on liquid smooth 4.2.2 as well. If I set it to set voltage on boot, performance control crashes on boot, so I just apply the voltage manually after boot. Thank you for all your work.

Lookitfast

Jun 7, 2012
Oklahoma

Been running this for a day on Tasks 2.20 release & must say I'm very impressed! Thanks!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010

Found it. Great work and thanks for porting to tmo.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With morfic's blessing, here's the continuation of the Trinity kernel in another form for AOSP Jellybean 4.3/4.4.

This was originally mainly developed for the Verizon SGS3, but some requests for a different versions were sent in. This is a blind build as I do not have a AT&T unit to test with. However, it should work on AT&T, Rogers, Bell and Telus.

Some highlights:

Code:
    - Based on CM source
    - Built with latest Linaro GCC 4.8 with optis
    - Ramdisk tweaked (init.d support, unsecure)
    - OC up to [B]1.836Ghz[/B]
    - Stock GPU (OC makes no difference)
    - Undervolted
    - User voltage control
    - [B]Trinity colors[/B]
    - Defaults to tweaked [B]ondemand[/B] governor and [B]row[/B] scheduler.
    -- Available for user
    --- Governor
    ---- msm-dcvs, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, wheatley,  badass, asswax, dancedance, smartmax, ondemandplus
    --- Scheduler
    ---- noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, bfq, zen, sioplus, fiops
    - USB Fast Charge (credit to imoseyon and chad) 
    - fsync control (credit Ezekeel)
    - Removal of mpdecision, uses tweaked [B]auto_hotplug[/B] driver (credit to thalamus)
    - Removal of thermald
    - fix_permissions added to zip
    - [B]CM wifi tether WPA/WPA2 secure support[/B]
    - Faux sound mod support
    - CDRom/USB emulation support

To install (no need to wipe anything):

- Download .zip below and place on your internal or external sdcard
    - Reboot into CWM or the recommended TWRP
    - Flash .zip
    - Reboot

Notes:

- If you do not default to ondemand/row, check your /system/etc/init.d/ for startup scripts or the /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to see if it's writing interactive/cfq to the scaling_governor and the scheduler.

I've pushed my build towards battery savings and it's been handling duties pretty well. Let me know how it works out for you. As with all things custom, please take all precautions (backups). Tested against CM, AOKP, BB7 and Carbon so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Feel free to use your preferred kernel app for adjustments.

3.0.y Source - https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/bms_jb
    3.4.y Source - https://bitbucket.org/gideonx/bms-jb-3.4.y

***** PLEASE CHECK WHICH ROM YOU ARE RUNNING. 3.0.y based roms can't use 3.4.y kernels and vice versa. *****

Download latest 3.0.y Build d2att - HERE
    Download latest 3.4.y Build d2att - HERE

Thanks to morfic and all the devs!

XDA:DevDB Information
    BMS AOSP Kernel for d2att, a Kernel for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    GideonX
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2013-11-11
    Last Updated 2013-11-11
    Build 2013-03-11 - http://goo.gl/T4UeB

- Sync'd to latest CM sources
    - Some algorithm changes
    - Faux sound support

Builds will be released around Sunday/Monday of every week if there's something worth releasing. Just a FYI for folks who are curious, thx.
    Build 2013-06-16 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34/

-Linux 3.4.49
    -Merged latest CAF updates as of today (AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.04.02.02.040.367).
    -Fixed screen flickering.
    -Adjusted hotplug enable/disable values.
    -Built using latest Linaro 4.7.4 toolchain (2013.06)

Since the summer is upon us, updates will be stretched out a bit longer unless there's a major change.

Hug and have a beer with your dad today! Happy Father's day to everyone.
    3.4.y Build 2013-05-12 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34

- Merged latest CM/CAF updates. Contains reverts on a few commits that target flickering and random reboots.
    - LOAD_FREQ adjusted.
    - Deadline latency and read speed tweaked.
    - Fixed CM advanced settings for color temperature control.
    - Added my setcolor script, which allows you to change color temperature if you do not have the settings available in your rom. Open up terminal emulator and issue the su command and then type setcolor. Enter 1 for Trinity colors, 2 for normal colors. Turn off your display and turn it back on for it to take effect.

Remember to go hug your mom, grandma, aunts, etc. today. Happy Mother's Day to all that celebrate it.
    3.4.y Build 2013-07-14 - http://www.droidhype.com/kernel/34/

-Built using latest Linaro Toolchain (4.7.4 - 2013.07)
    -Linux 3.4.53
    -Merged latest CAF updates as of today (AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_2.5.04.02.02.040.420).
    -Merged latest CM updates.
    -Added cdrom sysfs commit from CM. This can allow for using your phone to boot ISOs on a PC. Check the commit for more information.
    -Fix various compile errors with the recent influx of merges.