[ROM/KERNEL] OFFICIAL CM10.1 + 3.0.50 Kernel for Kindle Fire 2 [CM NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
yeah, i wasn't able to get the stock sensor removal patch approved for the 5/17 build. what do you do :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mindmajick

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Newest nightlies will include an all new audio driver in the Android OS. It works, but it's not finished (no MIC support yet).

I'll try and keep this updated as testing continues.

Just an fyi- it seems like the changes to the audio driver greatly improved the listening quality on my device. The built in speakers are much more clear and less "crunchy".

I'm not sure if this is a placebo (since you told us you updated the drivers). I also noticed the quality change when used as a head unit on my stereo system. DSP manager is working like a charm.

I was on modified stock until your last post, so I can honestly say the sound quality SEEMS even better than stock.

--
Sent from my mind to your screen.

jbeef86

May 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
Just an fyi- it seems like the changes to the audio driver greatly improved the listening quality on my device. The built in speakers are much more clear and less "crunchy".

I'm not sure if this is a placebo (since you told us you updated the drivers). I also noticed the quality change when used as a head unit on my stereo system. DSP manager is working like a charm.

I was on modified stock until your last post, so I can honestly say the sound quality SEEMS even better than stock.

--

which nightly are you running? everything working ok? I am finally gonna try a ROM for my Kindle and trying to figure out which nightly would be the one to give a shot to.

Thanks.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
What are you currently working on? I saw many changes in the past few days.

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

I'm working on the 3.4 kernel update for all of the Kindle Fire devices. It's being.. a bear, but I'm down to about 4-5 bugs to fix.

--

Awesome :)

Whats this i hear about Key Lime Pie requiring quad core or higher? What does this mean for kf2 and Key Lime Pie?

Rumors mean little to nothing. Until I have source in my hands and can see what's going to be required and what can be worked around, then I wouldn't pay any attention to this stuff. After all, the KF1 has 512MB of RAM and runs JB-MR1 just fine.

HarmfulMushroom

Jul 10, 2010
Just wanted to leave a problem I have using this ROM. I do just want to say that the ROM is great and it works almost perfectly for what I need, but at least half of the time when I leave it in sleep mode it freezes up. The only way to get it to boot up again is a hard reboot. Minor issue, but wanted to leave it none the less. Also consumes battery like crazy when it freezes.

I just shut it off anymore when I'm done using it.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Just wanted to leave a problem I have using this ROM. I do just want to say that the ROM is great and it works almost perfectly for what I need, but at least half of the time when I leave it in sleep mode it freezes up. The only way to get it to boot up again is a hard reboot. Minor issue, but wanted to leave it none the less. Also consumes battery like crazy when it freezes.

I just shut it off anymore when I'm done using it.

For now, set your brightness to below the maximum and that will help w/ the freezes. I'm doing some work on the kernel today/tomorrow and I'll try and backport my backlight driver from the 3.4 kernel. It fixes the freezes.

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Whats this i hear about Key Lime Pie requiring quad core or higher? What does this mean for kf2 and Key Lime Pie?

well, it is true and not. a lot of dual core device will be updated to 5.0. but it is recommenden to update only quad core, or good dual core (manufacturers are the only one that would make this, but all can make a custom rom, if you can run android 4.2.2 in a htc hd2)

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
:). I occasionally forget to update this thread. Sorry about that.

Yes, last night I pushed a new backlight driver and summer device updates which will hopefully fix up the brightness bug.

These changes are in the nightlies now.

Feedback always appreciated since I don't have the otter2 to test.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

THIS ROM REQUIRES A 2ND-BOOTLOADER / RECOVERY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR KINDLE FIRE 2. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100963

*** READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ***
    *** Kindle Fire 1st-gen ROMs/KERNELS are *NOT* compatible with the Kindle Fire 2.
    ONLY FLASH ROMs/KERNELS that are made for the Kindle Fire 2. ***

Month "stable" Snapshot CM builds:
    Monthly "Stable" Builds

Nightly CM Builds:
    Nightly Builds

Latest GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip

Older builds are found here:
    http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/otter2/

CHANGES:
    • [05/14] New audio driver (WIP)
    • [03/27] Reboot Recovery mode is now fixed
    • [01/17] Updated SGX/PowerVR driver to latest binaries from omapzoom (still showing 1.9@2166536)
    • [01/15] CM10.1 updates + reverted some USB changes in the kernel for sleep testing
    • [01/07] Battery life / sleep improvements
    • [01/06] Update to 3.0.50 kernel
    • [01/06] Update wifi firmware to R5.SP3.06
    • [12/16] Fixed Deep Sleep
    • [12/15] Added multi-profile fix

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
    • The headphone MIC input is not functioning correctly yet. Work in progress.
    • Virtual keyboard input on Jellybean is terrible. Needs a protocol update or something. Fixing. For now use an alternate keyboard like Swype

KERNEL FEATURES:
    • [01/06] Mainline version updates to 3.0.50 updated to current with Google's kernel/common
    • [01/06] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.06
    • [11/07] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9@2166536 for Android (via omapzoom 18 hours ago)
    • [11/07] WLAN Firmware R5.SP3.03
    • [09/05] Updated to SGX/IMG DDK 1.9.RC2@2139099 for Android
    • Based on TI kernel 4AI.1.7 (3.0.31 mainline) which supports 512M memory mapping needed by the Kindle Fire

DEVS
    BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
    http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

Then you can setup the Kindle Fire by doing the following:
    mkdir android
    cd android
    (Use main repo for CyanogenMod 10.1)
    repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android -b cm-10.1
    repo sync
    vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch otter2

RESERVED FOR NOTES
    Hash, are you still working on the 3.4 kernel ?

Yep, in my spare time I'm debugging deep sleep issues and sound.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
    We now have a 10.1.0.2 rebuild of the stable CM10.1 release. It includes the missing sensor file. There were no other changes to the new stable release other than that.

http://www.get.cm/?device=otter2&type=stable

I haven't heard if "Reboot Recovery" is working in the release (since it's based on source from 2 months ago). Let me know.
    What are you currently working on? I saw many changes in the past few days.

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

I'm working on the 3.4 kernel update for all of the Kindle Fire devices. It's being.. a bear, but I'm down to about 4-5 bugs to fix.

--

Awesome :)

Rumors mean little to nothing. Until I have source in my hands and can see what's going to be required and what can be worked around, then I wouldn't pay any attention to this stuff. After all, the KF1 has 512MB of RAM and runs JB-MR1 just fine.
    Newest nightlies will include an all new audio driver in the Android OS. It works, but it's not finished (no MIC support yet).

I'll try and keep this updated as testing continues.