Search This thread

Stammis

Feb 1, 2013
I have heard that doing a system update on a rooted device might mess things up so I am asking if 10.6.1.14.8 update is worth the trouble to re root the device?

Dirthawg

May 30, 2013
I'm on 10.6.1.14.8, unlocked and rooted, and would like to install CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.6.1. Is it safe to do so or do I need 10.6.1.14.4 as it's stated in the Cromi-x thread?

Stammis

Feb 1, 2013
But do I need to un root before doing the update or? If it is even possible to un root.

Skickat från min ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T via Tapatalk 2

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
But do I need to un root before doing the update or? If it is even possible to un root.

Skickat från min ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T via Tapatalk 2

If you are rooted you can update fine. Either use ota root keeper or motochopper to reroot as you will lose root during the upgrade process. Also make sure you haven't deleted any Asus system apps or modified them else the ota update process will fail.

kublai1

Jun 10, 2013
If you are rooted you can update fine. Either use ota root keeper or motochopper to reroot as you will lose root during the upgrade process. Also make sure you haven't deleted any Asus system apps or modified them else the ota update process will fail.

Can someone point me to teh motochooper that will root v10.6.1.14.8? After I upgrade I can no longer root

kublai1

Jun 10, 2013
If you "really" want to thank me, hit the "thanks" button on my post.
I'm vain - I do look at my thanks count :D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Now I have another problem. Root explorer, astro file manager, solid explorer does not see my sdcard but the system recogizes it and filemanger that cam with the system sees it?

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Now I have another problem. Root explorer, astro file manager, solid explorer does not see my sdcard but the system recogizes it and filemanger that cam with the system sees it?

Try: Device/storage/emulated/0
The file system on JB 4.2 is driving me mad! Just hate it! The stock file browser just "knows" where to look, but I am used to having control of my file structure and this just sucks!
It's due to the multiple user account option in 4.2 supposedly.... and I don't use that anyway

kublai1

Jun 10, 2013
Try: Device/storage/emulated/0
The file system on JB 4.2 is driving me mad! Just hate it! The stock file browser just "knows" where to look, but I am used to having control of my file structure and this just sucks!
It's due to the multiple user account option in 4.2 supposedly.... and I don't use that anyway

I figured it out for tf700t it's in /removable

Top Liked Posts