Search This thread

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png
[/center]

Rules for inquiring a subject matter concerning this project are:
1. Read the OP fully.
2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.

features_zps4ffd054f.png
AOSP Android 4.4.2 KOT49H

OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
  • Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
  • Notification LED control
  • Status Bar control
  • Active Display
  • Application Side-Bar
  • Battery Bar
  • Quick-Tiles
  • Theme Engine
  • Power Menu Options
  • Apps Ops preserved
  • OmniSwitch
  • Custom Progress Bar
  • OctOS Settings (Hidden in Build Date give it a Tap)
    Team-OctOS Settings and Layouts: http://youtu.be/62jwg9KLFBU

screenshots_zps0a8a928b.png

th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-31_zps1qnna7ad.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-45_zpsd3uw1nbr.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-55_zpspq9a8wjp.png
th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-36-10_zpsns0vhs4o.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238How to create a logcat log

Bugs:

Basic Instructions:
  1. Download ROM .zip file
  2. Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
  3. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
    --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM but it can be used if TWRP can not flash ---
  4. Flash ROM, GApps files
  5. Clear Dalvik/Cache
  6. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
  • GPe - Google Experience

• Regular GPe GApps
    • Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
  • AOSP

• AOSP GApps
    • Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

We will only update the thread with Stable Releases, whenever possible. This means that the thread may be behind non-milestone releases. If you have an issue with compulsive flashing, or feel the need to live 'life on the edge of brick', we invite you to follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Any dailies that can be released, we will release there. Please note, we pull these releases after a day or two, so if the latest link posted there is empty, simply wait until the next one.

- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook

Contributors
Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s, bthorne79

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
Come Chat with Team OctOs!

On March 6, 2014, Team OctOs will be holding a Google Hangout Meet and Greet/Q&A session beginning at 9AM Eastern time. This will continue until we get bored with it.

Send an email to: chat@teamoctos.com with your Google Hangout email (if different) and we'll send the invite as the time comes closer.

Bring questions, comments, or just come to hangout.

Reactions: bthorne79

DexedrineXR

Jun 1, 2013
What's with that copy(dot)com link you got in your post? Leads no where. But I found the gapps link, maybe it's just a misedit.

Edit:
..... lol

Last edited:

rjp0615

May 28, 2010
Galloway, OH
This definitely is a ROM to watch. Does this use CM base or did you guys start with pure AOSP? I only ask because of some known camera bugs in CM.

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
The only CM was the start of device trees but the Cyanogenmod specific parts has been removed. So you can say this rom is only about 1-3% Cyanogenmod

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: matrixzone

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Try new Philz or Cwm I've seen on d2spr that twrp 2.6.3.1 and 2.3.6.0 fails

Grommish

Aug 21, 2009
www.teamoctos.com
Translators Needed!

We are currently looking for translators to help localize OctOs into other languages.

Many of the main ROM components are already translated (built-in), but anything that we've changed or added won't be. Currently, we are "English predominate" speakering team, but many of the users may not be!

If you would like to help bring OctOs to your language, check out: https://crowdin.net/project/team-octos-octo-kat-android-ro

You can sign up as a Translator and then start translating the OctOs project. This makes it easy to identify and translate the individual strings.

longjohnsteve

Aug 26, 2012
Everything in this rom works great, lots of options and seems stable. The only bug I seem to have found is the front facing camera lags with snapchat. Ive seen this in a few roms so far but who knows. Great work otherwise, thank you.

thatusmguy

Mar 8, 2011
Alabama
OCTOSettings

New build later today check your OTA

i installed the latest build for d2att and there are no octosettings included in the rom, just standard settings.

clean wipe
installed d2att zip
installed octos aroma gapps
*once i didn't find the octosettings, i reflashed the s2att zip and no gapps, still didn't see settings.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
i installed the latest build for d2att and there are no octosettings included in the rom, just standard settings.

clean wipe
installed d2att zip
installed octos aroma gapps
*once i didn't find the octosettings, i reflashed the s2att zip and no gapps, still didn't see settings.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

Please read OP OctSettings tap build date there is even a YouTube video.

bthorne79

Apr 11, 2012
ChuckTown
Once again please read OP to see if any changes to where or what might have changed the Tentacles(OctSetting) has been moved to the build date for some time they are no longer under developer settings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot4_zpse298fc5b.png
    [/center]

Rules for inquiring a subject matter concerning this project are:
    1. Read the OP fully.
    2. For bug reports, we need a log to assess the issue. Capture a log while replicating the issue.
    3. Do not ask ETA's on updates; you will be ignored.
    4. Use the "search this thread" feature to make sure your question wasn't already answered by using key words.
    5. Only ask a question about this project. Any questions about another ROM or project will be disregarded.
    6. You don't like our OctOS symbol. Too bad.
    7. You want 100% untouched/unmodified AOSP. This isn't the ROM for you.
    8. Team OctOs/Octo-Kat is open source. You can always build it yourself.

features_zps4ffd054f.png
    AOSP Android 4.4.2 KOT49H

OctOs Settings - These features are included and can be enabled at the user's preference
    • Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
    • Notification LED control
    • Status Bar control
    • Active Display
    • Application Side-Bar
    • Battery Bar
    • Quick-Tiles
    • Theme Engine
    • Power Menu Options
    • Apps Ops preserved
    • OmniSwitch
    • Custom Progress Bar
    • OctOS Settings (Hidden in Build Date give it a Tap)
      Team-OctOS Settings and Layouts: http://youtu.be/62jwg9KLFBU

screenshots_zps0a8a928b.png

th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-31_zps1qnna7ad.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-45_zpsd3uw1nbr.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-35-55_zpspq9a8wjp.png
    th_Screenshot_2013-12-27-17-36-10_zpsns0vhs4o.png

downloads_zps53bf4168.png

-Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.-

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: Why isn't there XXXXXXX feature.
    A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it

Q: But CM and all the others have..
    A: ROM developers, including CM, build something they want to use. The ROM dev that includes something they won't run implies less than 100% effort to ensure it does work. As a team, we have similar goals and objectives. If XYZ ROM has a feature you want, and we don't (or don't want), feel free to use XYZ ROM, or build your own custom version of Octo-Kat

ADB Logcat tutorial here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238How to create a logcat log

Bugs:

Basic Instructions:
    1. Download ROM .zip file
    2. Download KitKat GApps - * See Note Below! *
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Note: Use Three-Finger or adb reboot recovery - ROM Manager or similar software is NOT supported)
      --- TWRP is the ONLY recovery Team OctOs uses - We do not support flashing on CWM but it can be used if TWRP can not flash ---
    4. Flash ROM, GApps files
    5. Clear Dalvik/Cache
    6. Reboot

A Note about the Team OctOs GApps
    We in Team OctOs believe in choices. We believe in leaving the fundamental decisions about your phone to you.

In that spirit, Team OctOs gives you options for your GApps experiences. While any ODEX'ed GApps package should work, we offer you the choice of using some of the same GApps packages that we use ourselves, and leave the choice up to you.

You can find our Team OctOs GApps packages here, and break down into the following types:
    • GPe - Google Experience

• Regular GPe GApps
      • Dalvik-Enhanced GPe GApps
    • AOSP

• AOSP GApps
      • Dalvik-Enhanced AOSP GApps

The Dalvik-Enhanced packages are NOT ART compatible. If you plan to run ART, don't use those.

We will only update the thread with Stable Releases, whenever possible. This means that the thread may be behind non-milestone releases. If you have an issue with compulsive flashing, or feel the need to live 'life on the edge of brick', we invite you to follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Any dailies that can be released, we will release there. Please note, we pull these releases after a day or two, so if the latest link posted there is empty, simply wait until the next one.

- Follow Team OctOs on Facebook

Contributors
    Grommish, Dubbsy, hlxanthus, treken, agat63, cjkacz, buckmarble, winner00, wizard0f0s, bthorne79

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    New build up on site check your OTA. Now with PIE and privacy guard http://www.teamoctos.com/supported-devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/s3-unified-d2lte/

Have some updates coming plus don't forget to follow us on fb or g+

For all the people who have been waiting for a bit the new rebased and final KitKat build is now on the site check your OTA or download from http://www.teamoctos.com/supported-devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s3/s3-unified-d2lte/
    Any news for i9300 Oct os sorry for bothering?????

Sent from my GT-I9300

Oct-L is in the works! Its coming along nicely! The guys are working diligently behind the scenes! Stay tuned!