MIUI.us 3.2.8 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

Search This thread

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
Re: MIUI.us 3.1.11 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

So for those of you wondering will there be a new build.

Should I shouldn't I....the dilemma!!!

The reason I port MIUI.us is for the "toolbox". This obviously gives us some additional customization that we have grown to love. In order for toolbox to work the developer of toolbox made modifications to settings.apk, miuihome.apk, and miuisystemui.apk. These apk are old versions now and truly need to be updated to the new versions of the apk's. I may make an attempt at porting these over but may not be successful or I may have to loose some features. The most important ones to me are
1. Center clock no am/pm
2. No icon labels.

What's everyone's thought!!!!!

Should I...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

saotua

Dec 16, 2010
Taxachusetts
Yes please. I love miui.us because of that toolbox function too. The miui fans really appreciated your time and effort

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah

Yes definitely, I'm super bummed without miui and I'm excited to see their latest changes

Sent from my Sprint Palm Pre

ohshootrawr

Dec 28, 2010
Ewa Beach

Please do Mr dogpooh sir. This ROM really is my daily driver, but there are a still a few lingering bugs here and there. Even one update would be such a big difference for me :3

garymachete

Mar 2, 2011
Issaquah

Have they moved on to v5 yet? 4.2.1? I bet those builds would be sick

Sent from my Sprint Palm Pre

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011

Navigation isn't working for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

puretone

Jun 16, 2010

Navigation isn't working for me

On fully wiped & clean install or dirty flash?
Navigation works without a single flaw, crash or FC for me/most of us. It even worked absolutely great when I had dirty flashed this build...

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

So for those of you wondering will there be a new build.

Should I shouldn't I....the dilemma!!!

The reason I port MIUI.us is for the "toolbox". This obviously gives us some additional customization that we have grown to love. In order for toolbox to work the developer of toolbox made modifications to settings.apk, miuihome.apk, and miuisystemui.apk. These apk are old versions now and truly need to be updated to the new versions of the apk's. I may make an attempt at porting these over but may not be successful or I may have to loose some features. The most important ones to me are
1. Center clock no am/pm
2. No icon labels.

What's everyone's thought!!!!!

Should I...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

You shouldn't ask questions you already know the answer to.....YES OF COURSE YOU SHOULD CONTINUE!!

:) :) :)

Personally I'm hoping for a Google Voice fix. The Toolbox is frigging awesome to have for all the visual tweaks of course....but if I had to choose between the Toolbox & Google Voice, I'd take the latter. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me there but it's the only thing that nags me, simply bc I find the TMO voicemail system to be inadequate when compared to Google Voice. Ignoring the lack of functional Google Voice, makes this ROM perfect.

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011

Full wipe. Its not locking in

marlonmccarter

Jan 2, 2011
Tulsa
Full wipe. Its not locking in

Hey, I had the same problem a while back... the only way to fix is to go back to the original TMobile ROM and and then come back and then re-flash... it sucks but if you can't get a lock when outside that's it...

Last edited:

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011

I'm using GPS on the Google Nav. GPS is enabled.

That seems weird that stock ROM would fix the GPS track issue. Might as well give it a try

XeoNoX

Oct 25, 2010
I'm using GPS on the Google Nav. GPS is enabled.

That seems weird that stock ROM would fix the GPS track issue. Might as well give it a try

ill post a fix u can try in a few hours when i get home for the GPS location issue.

scr3wy

Feb 14, 2011

Yup. Full w/ cache and devik

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For TMobile Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!
    I changed the build.prop and updater script to reflect T Mobile from my AT&T build.
    If you have any issues let me know just encase I missed something

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m73lhljpctelok5

GApps

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Change Log
    Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.1.11

Not much has changed

Hello Ppl.

Take a moment and read this. :) MIUIv5 For your Phone Coming SOON :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41056649&postcount=87
    So..................this is where I'm at. I ported Miui 3.2.8 over, works nice. As for the other options...
    I got toolbox working for hiding the status bar and removing icon labels, so I'm happy here. I can't get it working yet for the center clock, but I have control panel suite working which does the same thing with other options so not a bad alternative. I'm going to see if I can roll all of this into one package before I release, but I will release something over the next few days....
    Will you be continuing to port for us?

Probably....I really do like MIUI.....
    Hopefully I will have an update out by tomorrow...Just waiting on the toolbox....