[ROM][n7100][UNOFFICIAL][KTU84Q][4.4.4][2014-10-23] AOKP Kitkat Nightlies

Search This thread

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Further to testing the version of 19th January.

It is an improvement to the previous versions, and I don't see any added bugs. It's usable as a daily driver. Not a single crash, the battery life is good. I didn't use the camera enough to comment on its stability.

I like that the boot screen is back to the stylish animation, and the screen resolution is finally back to the standard 320 (one can set it to any custom number by editing build.prop).

The missing bits. The DSP Manager and AdAway are not included, but can be downloaded and installed from this forum. No music player, e.g. Apollo. Nova launcher is not included, and the included ones are not as good. I'm missing the battery bar indicator with charging animation for use in bright sunlight and without glasses. The Blacklist, which will appear eventually. I know, we need to wait until they add those into AOKP...

Excellent work!

Last edited:
Reactions: gimmick56

indigotheory

Jan 30, 2011
Brilliant rom. Good to see some unicorns on the note 2!

No need to edit build prop, just download texdroider DPI

No need for a DSP manager, just download viper

No need for adaway, just flash the mother of all adblocking. It blocks everything bad!

No need to include a music player, different people like different ones and theres too many to choose from on the play store

No need to include Nova, if you flash the most up to date full gapps package you have the most up to date Google launcher.

Best to keep it slim and include as many of the aokp features as possible. Make it authentic :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
What are "mother" and "viper"? For editing build.prop one doesn't need a separate app.
Yes, many packages are available separately, it's not the place to discuss them.
Slim is good.

gimmick56

Oct 2, 2012
Greven
Further to testing the version of 19th January.

It is an improvement to the previous versions, and I don't see any added bugs. It's usable as a daily driver. Not a single crash, the battery life is good. I didn't use the camera enough to comment on its stability.

I like that the boot screen is back to the stylish animation, and the screen resolution is finally back to the standard 320 (one can set it to any custom number by editing build.prop).

The missing bits. The DSP Manager and AdAway are not included, but can be downloaded and installed from this forum. No music player, e.g. Apollo. Nova launcher is not included, and the included ones are not as good. I'm missing the battery bar indicator with charging animation for use in bright sunlight and without glasses. The Blacklist, which will appear eventually. I know, we need to wait until they add those into AOKP...

Excellent work!
Hi mate,
Nova Launcher is not in official AOKP Roms includes, also not the DSP Manager and Apollo. AdAway you can find here in XDA.
All other you can download from the Play Store.
This Rom is build from official AOKP nothing more nothing less but it´s unofficial so the Note 2 (N7100) have no suppurt there. And for the charging control you can use Xposed framework with GravityBox or other xposed module.
many regards and happy flashing

indigotheory

Jan 30, 2011
What are "mother" and "viper"? For editing build.prop one doesn't need a separate app.
Yes, many packages are available separately, it's not the place to discuss them.
Slim is good.

There's a "mother of all adblocking" flashable zip in the android development and hacking thread. It's the first thing I flash after installing any new rom. It blocks every single bit of bad stuff etc. Brilliant!

The Viper4android is in the same thread. Well worth the download. It's a very very good sound mod. If not the best :)

Reactions: porcino

kitkatcamusa

Apr 28, 2009
There's a "mother of all adblocking" flashable zip in the android development and hacking thread. It's the first thing I flash after installing any new rom. It blocks every single bit of bad stuff etc. Brilliant!

The Viper4android is in the same thread. Well worth the download. It's a very very good sound mod. If not the best :)

Link please!
Edit:found!
Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

Elvecio

Nov 6, 2012
Potenza
Upgrading right now! Hope that the annoying proximity sensor light issue will go away ^_^

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 utilizzando Tapatalk

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Tried a couple of system apps as advised...
Google launcher: couldn't access the basic settings, couldn't remove the Google search widget, it looks like bundled with network services - not good, back to Nova.
Viper v4a equaliser: it requests unnecessary permissions to access literary everything, rings home to China, and it is bloated with unnecessary features, back to DSP manager.

Further ROM testing. When making a hands-free call in the car, the screen lights and shows the usual call controls. These can be activated by accidentally touching the screen. If the call is started on hands-free, but interrupted from the screen, Bluetooth hangs and takes a lot of fiddling to recover. Receiving calls on hands-free, while the phone is in the pocket is buggy - possibly related to the above problem. Will investigate this further when have time.

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
Yeah, that damn proximity sensor seems to be a pain in the ass... but the bug must be somewhere in the AOKP code, I tried a few options only to have the proximity sensor not working at all in one scenario... I might have to contact people with similar devices like t0lte or SGS3 to see if they have the same issue...

Reactions: porcino

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Yes, this what I thought. Another thing that I will try is to disable the use of the phone's ring tone in the hands-free system. It doesn't work anyway, perhaps due to the music interfering with ring tone transfer into the hands-free. I'll find how to replicate this fault. It can be the dialer app. I don't think it should be using the screen when on Bluetooth hands-free.

Another intermittent problem, very infrequent. For the second time the auto brightness became stuck at the lowest value. The manual control works. Cured by rebooting. I wasn't doing anything adventurous (Bluetooth, camera, multimedia, games, etc.) before it happened on both occasions.

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
The forth day on v.23/01/14 - very much usable and stable. No further faults found.

Kun2210

Dec 9, 2011
Poland, Cracov
Yup, and the battery is more than OK. Just one question - any way to revive LED notification while charging?

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
New version available! Is there anything new in it? The RAM bar in Recents stays grey displaying nothing frequently.
Testing further...

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
New version available! Is there anything new in it? The RAM bar in Recents stays grey displaying nothing frequently.
Testing further...

Nothing special, just minor bug fixes but in the next version I'll compile the next hour or so the bug in the camera backend will finally be fixed where you lose focus when shooting pictures after manually setting focus. For a moment there I thought the issue with the proximity sensor was fixed but then after hours when I woke up I saw it on again… this is driving me mad…

Reactions: gimmick56

Kun2210

Dec 9, 2011
Poland, Cracov
Nothing special, just minor bug fixes but in the next version I'll compile the next hour or so the bug in the camera backend will finally be fixed where you lose focus when shooting pictures after manually setting focus. For a moment there I thought the issue with the proximity sensor was fixed but then after hours when I woke up I saw it on again… this is driving me mad…

What do you guys exactly mean by 'proximity sensor issue'? I'm either not experiencing it or I'm not aware of its existence :D

This seems to be first non-TW ROM that presents such good battery life, using it as daily driver for a week now. Just wondering if it's possible to turn on LED notification for charging, it's a more than minor issue, but would love to see this working ;)

alexander4all

Jun 26, 2008
Kehl
What do you guys exactly mean by 'proximity sensor issue'? I'm either not experiencing it or I'm not aware of its existence :D

This seems to be first non-TW ROM that presents such good battery life, using it as daily driver for a week now. Just wondering if it's possible to turn on LED notification for charging, it's a more than minor issue, but would love to see this working ;)

Well after a while the proximity sensor turns on and then doesn't work anymore so you have to be careful while calling or you'll trigger random events with your ear. I don't know about charging light, I guess it'll show up at some point again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

As always flash the ROM first, then gapps and don't forget to do a factory reset.
    No Guarantees but for me it works like a charm, see screenshots below.

Built using official AOKP sources

For recent changes visit: http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Download

Google Apps
    Hey,

first let me say thanks for your interest and yeah, I've tried nearly all of them but on AOKP I haven't noticed the issue with the camera so far and I've been using it for about a week now.
    On a previous build the UI crashed after a while but that hasn't happened after the build on the 1st anymore, interactions are very fluent and there is no noticable lag. As to how bluetooth in a car works I can't say much, for music I myself use an Anker bluetooth 4.0 headset and that works fine. Hope that info helped.
    With an app like Root Explorer you could edit
    Code:
    /system/build.prop
    and change
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=210
    to 320 again
    Hello there,

I've been building AOKP Kitkat-Images for a while and thought I might share them with you.

Thanks for taking the time to share your builds. Unfortunately I am way too busy to maintain builds on xda, I'm glad someone with a passion for building roms took over the AOKP business. Good luck!

:good:
    Hi mate,
    why?
    there are no great updates in AOKP at moment. Only one nightly from 08/02 but all what is important is Rom included
    many regards

sent with my phone/sorry for my bad english

It's been a busy week at work and I had to replace my harddisk but they made some further changes to the Camera today and some minor changes, I'll compile an update later.