Boot security error after trying to install Sling KK ROM

Search This thread

ksio89

May 1, 2013
I followed the tutorial at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2762171 to install KK ROM on my OG E977, did EXACTLY like written, but then I got stuck at boot screen telling me I have a boot security error, probably due to a locked bootloader, I guess. I try to flash the stock KDZ firmware but KDZ updater offline fix tells me battery level is low when it's not, even when the battery was fully charged.

I can't switch off the phone manually, because it starts again and gets stuck at the LG logo screen with this message:

Secure booting Error!
Cause: boot certification verify

The only way to turn the phone off is with CWM touch recovery 6.0.4.8 by LGviet (after installing the Sling KK ROM or the F180 patch, I guess, because the recovery utility was CWM 6.0.4.7 non-touch installed by FreeGee after unlocking the bootloader.). And when I turn the phone off and plug the charger, the phone boots up by itself and gets stuck at boot security error screen.

I tried to send a CyanogenMod ROM via adb sideload, but it tells me the ROM is for E975, while the phone is a F180 model.

Could someone give me a help, please? Thanks in advance.

Ahmed Xperia p

Nov 25, 2012
Islamabad
I followed the tutorial at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2762171 to install KK ROM on my OG E977, did EXACTLY like written, but then I got stuck at boot screen telling me I have a boot security error, probably due to a locked bootloader, I guess. I try to flash the stock KDZ firmware but KDZ updater offline fix tells me battery level is low when it's not, even when the battery was fully charged.

I can't switch off the phone manually, because it starts again and gets stuck at the LG logo screen with this message:

Secure booting Error!
Cause: boot certification verify

The only way to turn the phone off is with CWM touch recovery 6.0.4.8 by LGviet (after installing the Sling KK ROM or the F180 patch, I guess, because the recovery utility was CWM 6.0.4.7 non-touch installed by FreeGee after unlocking the bootloader.). And when I turn the phone off and plug the charger, the phone boots up by itself and gets stuck at boot security error screen.

I tried to send a CyanogenMod ROM via adb sideload, but it tells me the ROM is for E975, while the phone is a F180 model.

Could someone give me a help, please? Thanks in advance.

How can you boot into recovery once it's in Secure booting error?:eek:
Any how fix it using teeny bin repair, it's easy fix.

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Any how fix it using teeny bin repair, it's easy fix.
Or, just as an alternative, find a KDZ that works with the regular KDZ Updater (filesize up to 1.17GB worked for me). This way, as opposed to the offline method with LG Support Tool, you won't get a low battery error, even if the battery is completely dead. Had exactly the same problem myself, this was the solution I used.