The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Thread

Search This thread

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
I just came back from a working trip abroad. And there it was. I finally got my keyboard.
And I must say it works very well. The only thing which is a bit stupid is that the keyboard layout is wrong when I'm using
Swiftkey as my main keyboard. Even though I selected QWERTZ as the layout for the app.
Except that I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Got it working. With this method:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1468085

This method might work as well haven't tried it yet though.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ne0fhykLabs.android.utility.kmLauncher
Maybe I'll try it when the Jelly Bean update arrives and overwrites my files.

Just in case someone has the same problem.

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
I just received my Infinity from Amazon, bad news, they have pulled them because of reported problems with them. The only ones showing up are third party sellers so be careful.

Now to report on mine. I have a couple of issues, and this is before I have even done a thing with it except plug it in.

1. Light bleed, which I know will be there and it wasn't a surprise.

2. The bottomleft side of my screen flxes about an 1/8 of an inch, like it's hollow with no support. It's the area around the micro hdmi port, headphone jack and microphone, this was right out of the box, I didn't do anything to it.

So now m choice is to return for a full refund, keep it until Amazon gets this all straightened out and risk damaging it because of the loose screen, or say goodbye Asus, hello Samsung (Barf in my mouth).

Wha to do, what to do...

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
2. The bottomleft side of my screen flxes about an 1/8 of an inch, like it's hollow with no support. It's the area around the micro hdmi port, headphone jack and microphone, this was right out of the box, I didn't do anything to it.

How hard do you have to press to notice the flex? Would you have noticed it if you weren't looking for it? I for one, have not tried pressing on the screen to see if it flexes (and wouldn't want to) - just curious if you noticed this just by holding it normally or if you had to put some amount of pressure on it to notice the flex.

If you didn't notice it without specifically looking for it, I'd keep it since the only other issue is light bleed, which seems to exist on every tf700, but it isn't noticeable in normal use either...

Just my two cents...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ready2Mosh

Jun 18, 2007
How hard do you have to press to notice the flex? Would you have noticed it if you weren't looking for it? I for one, have not tried pressing on the screen to see if it flexes (and wouldn't want to) - just curious if you noticed this just by holding it normally or if you had to put some amount of pressure on it to notice the flex.

If you didn't notice it without specifically looking for it, I'd keep it since the only other issue is light bleed, which seems to exist on every tf700, but it isn't noticeable in normal use either...

Just my two cents...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is that is where you wind up holding while typing or holding it for a movie, so it's in a really bad spot, it's like that about a third of the way up, so it's not just one spot, it's along the side. And with Amazon pulling their inventory to check whats wrong with them it must be wide spread.

Just touching with a slight bit of pressure, not a lot at all, and it travels a good distance until I hear a crackly sound at it's lowest point. Like I said, it's like it's hollow there or something.

Edit: I know things aren't going to be perfect and can except some small problems like scratches on the case, a little light bleed, but this is bad, like bad that could lead to cracked screen because of the movement, and also scarry that the ports could get damaged because they are right there. I just picked it up out of the box and felt it, pretty sad, nice screen, but it looks like I'm gonna be without a tablet for a bit. :/

Last edited:

Fabipro

Feb 7, 2011
Augsburg
Hi,

does we have an option to connect the Infinity with our smartphone (like the Galaxy Nexus) via USB?

Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 2

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
ok so is anyone else experiencing the random reboots at least once a day? Screen will go all white and reboot. im guessing its from the most recent update but does anyone experience it as often as i do?

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
ok so is anyone else experiencing the random reboots at least once a day? Screen will go all white and reboot. im guessing its from the most recent update but does anyone experience it as often as i do?

Yes, mine does the exact same thing. Sometimes it is every other day, other times it is a couple times a day.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Definitely not having random reboots with my TF700 (running Zeus 4.0). Let's just say that I'm very familiar with random reboots since my TF101 had them constantly with stock ICS (and still does) so I'm constantly on the lookout for them with my TF700 as well, but have not had a single random reboot since I've owned it.

I can't say for sure what the problem is in the few cases mentioned here, but it does not seem to be widespread like it was on the TF101. Possible hardware issues or rogue apps?

Are the folks with random reboots rooted and/or unlocked? Did you always have random reboots with the TF700 or did it just start happening all of the sudden?

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
Definitely not having random reboots with my TF700 (running Zeus 4.0). Let's just say that I'm very familiar with random reboots since my TF101 had them constantly with stock ICS (and still does) so I'm constantly on the lookout for them with my TF700 as well, but have not had a single random reboot since I've owned it.

I can't say for sure what the problem is in the few cases mentioned here, but it does not seem to be widespread like it was on the TF101. Possible hardware issues or rogue apps?

Are the folks with random reboots rooted and/or unlocked? Did you always have random reboots with the TF700 or did it just start happening all of the sudden?

I'm all stock still. And it just started happening with the most recent update. I'm hoping this will be fixed once jb officially gets released but its literally everyday it happens and I'm starting to get really irritated by it.

sparkym3

Dec 31, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2013)
I'm all stock still. And it just started happening with the most recent update. I'm hoping this will be fixed once jb officially gets released but its literally everyday it happens and I'm starting to get really irritated by it.

It was mentioned on another thread that it may be related to the sd card. Do you happen to have an sd card in the slot. Even so, hopefully it will just go away with the latest .30 update from today.

neilwashere

Sep 23, 2011
It was mentioned on another thread that it may be related to the sd card. Do you happen to have an sd card in the slot. Even so, hopefully it will just go away with the latest .30 update from today.

I do not have an SD card but I just updated to .30 so I guess its a waiting game now

BacchusFLT

Aug 26, 2011
Stockholm
www.bergatrollet.se
iGo on the Infinity

Maybe yes
http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/06/google-maps-for-android-gets-offline-support/

However, just to be safe, I'd rather go for a real, standalone and offline GPS solution like IGO\Sygic Aura\CityGuide\Whatever. Never have to worry if the net is there or not, just makes you worry if the battery dies on you before you get to your deistination )

s300pmu1,

Just for my understanding, did you get the iGo to work nicely? I have successfully instlled it on a Windows 6.5 based PNA (Mio where I installed both iGo8 and Proimo to share tha same data) and installed in on the Android the phone HTC One X+.

Installing it on the TF700 works fine, but running the native resolution (I entered 1920x1200) it reports back that it doesn't have proper skin support to show it and then loops launching the application and failing to do so. So, is there a skin that would go along the resolution of the very nice screen?

I used the following screen setting, which should be Ok if supported by the skin.

Code:
[rawdisplay]
driver=engine
screen_xy="800_480:1920x1200/1200x1920:fullscreen"

Anyone able to adapt a skin to this resolution?

Edit: Found this side: http://apkfordroid.blogspot.com/2012/08/igo-primo-20-android-final-edition-2012.html

Downloaded - works. There is a shady square in several of the menues but it seems to work and I am quite pleased. It didn't like the Swedish sounds I provided and I am yet to see if American maps are available and implementable ...

Last edited:

BobbyHenceMcGee

Oct 3, 2010
Australia
Resolution your eyes will barely notice.

You are just so incredibly wrong.
I tried out a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
Same PPI and resolution as the TF201 and after going from that to a TF700t the difference is simply amazing.
Primarily I use this device a lot while in bed so the screen is directly in front of me but even when it's not you can tell there is a massive difference.
I mean putting it simply:
1280x720 vs 1920x1200
or
149PPI vs 224PPI that's a 50% boost in clarity.
Admittedly it isn't worth buying a whole new device for. But it certainly gives new comers a very big incentive.

Top Liked Posts