[ROM][GCC 4.7/-O3] Revolution 5|16|13

Search This thread

rjand

Oct 10, 2012
Can't wait to test this but might not get time today. Had a look at the boot animation though and it looks awesome.

In advance of testing, great work PipelinerArd and devs!

Reactions: PipelinerArd

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
Great ROM with lots of features. I've noticed that the Hardware Back-to-kill button doesn't work though.

DSP Manager also stops when playing Winamp.

Last edited:

Rdlgrmpf

Feb 7, 2011
Stupid question: what are breathing notifications?

Gesendet von meinem Desire HD mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bcd420

PipelinerArd

Aug 1, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Great ROM with lots of features. I've noticed that the Hardware Back-to-kill button doesn't work though.

DSP Manager also stops when playing Winamp.

Fixed yesterday. Will be working in the next release.

Stupid question: what are breathing notifications?

They make your SMS and Missed
call notifications pulse while there in the status bar.

Gio_ital

Feb 22, 2013
Rome
Huawei P30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10
This is a great rom, with lots of tweaks.
I didn't find any bug, everything works great.
The only 2 things that keeps me not to use it as a daily rom are:
#1 The battery drain (installed this rom in the morning with 100% of battery and now I have only 38%,screen on less than one hour, 10 min conversation)
#2 wifi keeps jumping (now I have 3 lines and the next moment I have 1 and then after another second have lost the signal)
On the other side this is really awesome

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bcd420

lordpipa

Apr 2, 2009
Yauco
Great job! Aside for the common bugs mentioned before, I was going to ask if it were possible to add the hardware keys notifications? Can it be done for next release?

ricc@rd

Dec 6, 2010
Wow pipe! In this rom you are adding to AOKP base some really useful features, that make surely one of the most tweakable AOSP roms for desire hd (regarding system features)! I'm going to try it for sure! Did any user have some reports about battery life?
Another question: I don't remember if in AOKP has the feature that when you tap onto the clock or the date in the notification bar, it opens clock app of calendar (cyanogenmod 10 and 10.1 have it)... Does this rom have it?
Moreover, is there the option, always present in cm10.1, to customize the softkey function only for lock screen (ie adding torch to the home button)?
Thank you very much for your work dev, I was waiting for this revolution :)

Last edited:

zomer331

Nov 5, 2011
Słupca
Wow pipe! In this rom you are adding to AOKP base some really useful features, that make surely one of the most tweakable AOSP roms for desire hd (regarding system features)! I'm going to try it for sure! Did any user have some reports about battery life?
Another question: I don't remember if in AOKP has the feature that when you tap onto the clock or the date in the notification bar, it opens clock app of calendar (cyanogenmod 10 and 10.1 have it)... Does this rom have it?
Moreover, is there the option, always present in cm10.1, to customize the softkey function only for lock screen (ie adding torch to the home button)?
Thank you very much for your work dev, I was waiting for this revolution :)

#1 Yes these options are included in this rom, you can add an activity to use by click on clock or date in status bar. Rom control >clock
#2 Yes, you have a options to add a trigger (activity) to the button used on lockscreen. Go to revolution settings >hardware keys

:)

Reactions: ngnr5 and ricc@rd

ricc@rd

Dec 6, 2010
#1 Yes these options are included in this rom, you can add an activity to use by click on clock or date in status bar. Rom control >clock
#2 Yes, you have a options to add a trigger (activity) to the button used on lockscreen. Go to revolution settings >hardware keys

:)

Fantastic!! Thank you :D
How about battery life? And, could you please check which cpu governors are available by default with the kernel of this rom (under settings-->performance-->processor)?

PipelinerArd

Aug 1, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Fantastic!! Thank you :D
How about battery life? And, could you please check which cpu governors are available by default with the kernel of this rom (under settings-->performance-->processor)?

There was a report a few post back that said there was some drainage, but they didn't specify what processes they were running. If drain is heavy, I can always make changes to the kernel to to help conserve more battery.

©h®is

Oct 13, 2010
munich
Awesome rom :D

Running fine so far besides the mentioned sound issue

Fixed with flashing stable kangbang kernel(my device can not run the performance one..)

Great job:)

PipelinerArd

Aug 1, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Weird..I'm building this rom and using the KangBang kernel (stable). Does anyone know what toolchain they use to build the kernel? I'm using the 4.7 prebuilt from CFX.

ricc@rd

Dec 6, 2010
There was a report a few post back that said there was some drainage, but they didn't specify what processes they were running. If drain is heavy, I can always make changes to the kernel to to help conserve more battery.
I would appreciate that changes (even if I haven't tested the rom yet!). The last time I tried AOKP it had not really the best battery life (compared to other jellybean roms) :)
From my point of view, also supporting governors with low battery usage would help: for example, when I used JellyTime R30, that supported a lot of governors, I reached 6 hours of display wake up time, with an heavy underclock and powersave gov, but during normal days I used interactive gov, that gives me a more responsive phone! The advantage is that I am able to change when I need more battery (and not all kernels support this, for example on CM10.1 nightlies there isn't powersave)!
However, I will probably try revolution during the next weekend. Thank you again pipe! ;)

PipelinerArd

Aug 1, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I would appreciate that changes (even if I haven't tested the rom yet!). The last time I tried AOKP it had not really the best battery life (compared to other jellybean roms) :)
From my point of view, also supporting governors with low battery usage would help: for example, when I used JellyTime R30, that supported a lot of governors, I reached 6 hours of display wake up time, with an heavy underclock and powersave gov, but during normal days I used interactive gov, that gives me a more responsive phone! The advantage is that I am able to change when I need more battery (and not all kernels support this, for example on CM10.1 nightlies there isn't powersave)!
However, I will probably try revolution during the next weekend. Thank you again pipe! ;)

You can always use the default voltages because they're pretty low anyway. Also, you can set your gov to ondemand or interactive to keep your CPU low until you need more power.

Gio_ital

Feb 22, 2013
Rome
Huawei P30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10

I used 1024 cpu smartass v2 governor and sio. Right now I use Mustalvakosta's nightlies and with the same settings I make 16-18 hours of hard usage: about 4 hours screen on, Facebook, xda, what's up, etc. and some calls. I don't know why this rom drained the battery so fast. Maybe I shoud expect a little bit, because I know that the battery settle after 1-2 days after flashing the rom.
What can I say to you is that in the battery monitor was showing that the Android Sistem and Android OS was the ones who had the most drainage
But these could be only for me

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

AndyFox2011

Sep 20, 2011
Looks like a sweet rom man! I must try it this weekend when I haz time :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

joranpoort

Nov 22, 2012
This rom + Kangbang stable 3.3 kernel (+Gapps ofcourse ;)) is pure awesomeness!

One question though, the Less Frequent notification sounds setting doesn't work(for whatsapp atleast), anyone knows a solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PHP:
    #include  
    /* 
     * Your warranty is now void. 
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, 
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please 
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM 
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if 
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     */

Check out this amazing review by Flow-Wolf.

revo2.jpg
    revo3d.jpg

What is Revolution?

Revolution is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP/AOKP. We took all the cool features from AOKP and added a few more (badass) features of our own. Our goal is to provide Revolution users with fast, stable, and liquid smooth builds. The devs along with the testers of Revolution rom do our best to test the builds before releasing to them to the public, but there is always a possibility that we could overlook something. With that being said, we leave it up to you guys to provide a change log when reporting bugs and not clutter this thread with the same problems. Let's start a Revolution my friends;)

Who is Revolution?​
    PipelinerArd - Lead Dev
    Mazda - Lead Dev
    Have dev skills? Want to join the team? We're always looking to expand. Interested in joining the Revolution Squad, message us!

Features
    Code:
        Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain
        O3
        Strict-Aliasing (Linaro)
        C++11 Mode
        Customizable lock screen buttons and sliders
        Chronus clock widget
        Customizable hardware and software keys
        Transparent nav bar and status bar
        Transparent lock screen
        Customizable navbar ring
        Customizable power menu
        Notification power widget
        Customizable quick settings panel
        Statusbar mods
        Theme engine
        Volume key cursor control
        Pie
        Breathing notifications
        Quiet hours
        Volume rocker music controls
        Full Rotation
        Customizable battery and notification light

Download Links
    Revolution Builds
    Inspiremod + GPS
    Gapps package

GitHub Links
    Revolution Source
    Kernel Source
    Pipeliner's Git

Big Thanks Goes To
    Hunter Futch
    My Wife ;)
    Angel0912
    LorD ClockaN
    Bajee11
    Mustaavalkosta
    Synergye
    The AOKP Team
    The CyanogenMod Team
    The Slim Team
    The Revolution Testers
    The Whole XDA Community!!​
    Just a little update for you guys

I've been working on correcting some of the errors that were present within the rom and so far here's what I got:

-Fixed the blank icon left on ribbon
    -Added a kill all button to the recents menu
    -Corrected the build version
    -Added NighFall
    -Removed some conflicting features
    -Added permission management
    -Rearranged ROM Control

Those were just a few of the major features to come. There will also be a lot of "small" fixes as well. You guys should expect an update soon!
    Here is my new review :D

This amazing custom rom excited me :D I lost my words :s

Here is the review :D

http://youtu.be/K9B0rzPcmtg

Enjoy :D

Don't forget to thanks me & the dev, it's so grateful :D
    Change log:

HTML:
    -Added operation NightFall
    -Added a more badass Revolution icon
    -Optimizations made to AOKP ribbon
    -New theme chooser