[Q] Battery life ROM

Search This thread

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
Hey All,

I flashed the Shiny ROM recently. I am getting pretty bad battery life though I didn't own the phone long enough before flashing a Shiny to know if this was a Shiny issue or not. Anyways, I like the ROM well enough but was curious if anyone could suggest another ROM that perhaps goes easier on the battery. I am just on the edge of getting a zero lemon battery but thought I might try a few more software tricks before I plunk down the cash for that battery.

I have already replaced the shiny kernel that is baked into the ROM with the KK422 kernel which I had heard is easy on the battery. Seems to be helping a bit so far.

I know that battery use is highly individual, I am mostly looking for a starting suggestion. I can run my own usage diagnostics.

Thanks yet again!

Last edited:

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Use greenify and wakelockdetector. Also you can try to tweak with trickster to get better battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

judson75

Jan 25, 2014
Use greenify and wakelockdetector. Also you can try to tweak with trickster to get better battery.

Thanks. After I wrote that OP it occurred to me, probably kernels more so than ROMs affect battery life. Just based on the little that I now that would seem to be the case. Is that true at all?

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Thanks. After I wrote that OP it occurred to me, probably kernels more so than ROMs affect battery life. Just based on the little that I now that would seem to be the case. Is that true at all?

Yeah I noticed better battery life with kernels not so much by switching roms..