How to upgrade to 4.4.3 !?

Search This thread

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
OK so I'm rooted with xposed framework on stock ROM. I flashed CWM as my custom recovery. How do I go about flashing 4.4.3? Do I just install the .zip from CWM
PS. I still want my data!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
OK so I'm rooted with xposed framework on stock ROM. I flashed CWM as my custom recovery. How do I go about flashing 4.4.3? Do I just install the .zip from CWM
PS. I still want my data!

Download the stock 4.4.3 from google. Extract the .tgz file. Go to the extracted folder and extract the .zip file.

Flash the radio, system and boot images with fastboot and you are okay.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Download the stock 4.4.3 from google. Extract the .tgz file. Go to the extracted folder and extract the .zip file.

Flash the radio, system and boot images with fastboot and you are okay.

Sorry I'm very confused..... what do u mean radio and system images

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Ohhhh the radio,and system and boot images are inside the extracted .zip file!!! I get ya but I don't have fastboot (I don't know what it is)

Thanks so much in adcane

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Sorry I'm very confused..... what do u mean radio and system images

Haha :D. If you extract the files I told then you will see the image files.
Bootloader and radio after extracting the .tgz file and system.img cache.img userdata.img and boot.img and recovery.img after extracting the .zip file in the .tgz file. Their extension is .img

You have to flash with fastboot the system.img, boot.img and the image file which has "radio" in its name.

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Haha :D. If you extract the files I told then you will see the image files.
Bootloader and radio after extracting the .tgz file and system.img cache.img userdata.img and boot.img and recovery.img after extracting the .zip file in the .tgz file. Their extension is .img

You have to flash with fastboot the system.img, boot.img and the image file which has "radio" in its name.

Thank I understand but I don't know what fastboot is!!??
Thank you

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

This!!!!

If you don't read this and understand, you could brick your phone. Read, learn. Read.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

I don't know if you're brave or reckless rooting without knowing what fastboot is :eek:

Reckless

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
No. It's part of the bootloader. Read the link

Yes so I boot into fastboot. I connect to computer and execute to flash the imgs. But how do I execute. Should the extracted zips be on the computer or phone. I have CWM so I don't understand why I can't flash it from there using my phone

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Ohhhh the radio,and system and boot images are inside the extracted .zip file!!! I get ya but I don't have fastboot (I don't know what it is)

Thanks so much in adcane

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
Install that and say yes to everything except install drivers. If you need drivers use this http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html to the right there is the download buttom.

If you finished with that part get these images from the stock google firmware:
System.img, boot.img, and the img file which has radio in its name. Copy these files to c:\flash
After the copy rename the radio image to just radio.img. Make sure after the renaming it is not radio.img.img. Then open cmd type and type: cd c:\flash

Then enter your phone fastboot and type these commands:

fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
Then you are done

Reactions: dec1153

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes is fastboot basically a custom recovery to flash those?

Sine you have no knowledge of Fastboot, I suggest backing up all your stuff to your computer (Titanium Backups, SD Card content, whatever you can) and following the instructions in the link exactly. Then when you are done, transfer all your stuff back to your device. It really doesnt take that long. I suggest doing this rather than only installing certain things that you may not do right.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Yes so I boot into fastboot. I connect to computer and execute to flash the imgs. But how do I execute. Should the extracted zips be on the computer or phone. I have CWM so I don't understand why I can't flash it from there using my phone

Cwm is for custom flash able zips. You're flashing official google images which are not flashable zips. Google wouldnt officially release something that relied on a custom recovery.

The .img files must be on your computer. Read the link. Read it until you understand. If you don't understand, ask specific questions but just keep reading it until it makes sense

dec1153

Mar 15, 2014
Southport
Sine you have no knowledge of Fastboot, I suggest backing up all your stuff to your computer (Titanium Backups, SD Card content, whatever you can) and following the instructions in the link exactly. Then when you are done, transfer all your stuff back to your device. It really doesnt take that long. I suggest doing this rather than only installing certain things that you may not do right.

Yes once backing up when I install 4.4.3 won't I have lost root so therefore I cannot restore using titanium backup

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks so much in adcane

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979
    Install that and say yes to everything except install drivers. If you need drivers use this http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html to the right there is the download buttom.

If you finished with that part get these images from the stock google firmware:
    System.img, boot.img, and the img file which has radio in its name. Copy these files to c:\flash
    After the copy rename the radio image to just radio.img. Make sure after the renaming it is not radio.img.img. Then open cmd type and type: cd c:\flash

Then enter your phone fastboot and type these commands:

fastboot flash radio radio.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Then you are done

Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Do that then. Don't expect any more help from us though. If you refuse to do it properly, you're on your own.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

hello

i have just one question, just for information. what is included in the cache.img file, is it safe to flash or do i lose any data.

thanks in advance :)

System, boot and radio are all that's needed. Don't even really need to do radio.

Yes the instructions and vid are very clear so basically I follow step by step along with the vid. Seems much easier ....

Multiple people in this thread already pointed you in the right direction. The problem with toolkits is that you don't actually learn the process and if something goes wrong you will come directly back here like many other people freaking out. Believe me, I have used toolkits before on my S3 and it was much more rewarding learning to do it manual. This way you might be able to fix whatever is wrong with your phone in case you mess up.

Edit: Also, I'm assuming you used a toolkit to root your device/install custom recovery in the first place. Otherwise you would have found the process in the links provided to be very simple. All you do is uninstall xposed framework within the app which reverts all your previous settings, then flash the OTA. Afterwards if you lost your custom recovery (which I didn't for some reason) you flash that followed by the superSU.zip.