[Q] HELP!!!! Google Play Connection Timed Out

Search This thread

bobyabk

Aug 31, 2012
Dear All, Good Day

I am using Galaxy S II. Alk was good few days ago but now i cannot access Google Play as it always throws Connection Timed Out msg with the retry tab under it. My WiFi is working great as the signal strenght is Excellent and i also can browse through web and all.. On the other hand, im noticing a sync. Icon (which is constantly there whenever i turn my wifi on) is just besides my wifi icon.

I have done everythng i possibly can do so now i want u guys help in this. I want my goigke okay back

P.S. All my accounts are synced including my gmail. And dont wanna factory reset either.

bobyabk

Aug 31, 2012
Did what u had suggested....hut nothing happened.....still the same....

Is there any one who can promptly rectify this issue??

bobyabk

Aug 31, 2012
Problem Solved

infact what really happened that in Pakistan youtube got banned by the authorities due to some international issue. after that google services got disrupted also. but now its working fine. thanks for all who tried to help. :)

fofototo1

Jul 2, 2010
still

still got the same issue in New Zealand guys....any ideas?
but only when i connect with 3g...the WiFi connection is fine!

Android-World

Sep 27, 2012
Karachi
Same Issue on my HTC Wildfire S !!

Hey guyz,

I am facing the same issue on my HTC Wildfire S since today morning... I have removed Cache and I have cleared the Data as well from Setting>Application>Manage Application but still same :-|

Any suggestion???

Aug 12, 2011

I just solved my problem! Since I'm running a newly installed ROM, I wondered if my APN settings were correct (you would think so, since I could browse the net over data). Anyway, I went into the APN settings, and there were several 2Degrees APNs configured. I changed my default from "2degrees mobile" to "2degrees internet", and now Google Play works over data!

slickric21

Sep 2, 2012
Having same problem.

Using Neatrom 3.5 on my S2.

In UK with Giffgaff.

Cant access Play store over 3G/HSPDA+ , But over WiFi its fine.

Tried all the tricks - clear cache, sign in out, reset time, reset phone and reinstalled ROM

If i access play store over WiFi first (then turn WiFi off), then i can at least continue to access/browse it over 3G/HSPDA+, but i can only make new purchases over WiFi and never over Cell data.

Something weird going on

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Having same problem.

Using Neatrom 3.5 on my S2.

In UK with Giffgaff.

Cant access Play store over 3G/HSPDA+ , But over WiFi its fine.

Tried all the tricks - clear cache, sign in out, reset time, reset phone and reinstalled ROM

If i access play store over WiFi first (then turn WiFi off), then i can at least continue to access/browse it over 3G/HSPDA+, but i can only make new purchases over WiFi and never over Cell data.

Something weird going on

Hey guyz,

I am facing the same issue on my HTC Wildfire S since today morning... I have removed Cache and I have cleared the Data as well from Setting>Application>Manage Application but still same :-|

Any suggestion???

To solve the problem one thing i did was to go to Google Services Framework and clear data, reboot, clear play store data reboot and it should work.

slickric21

Sep 2, 2012
Managed to fix my problem.

I tried all the clearing data/caches, relogging in etc etc and none of that worked.

After reading onlyonejoefish post about his carriers APN settings, it got me thinking.

As i'm in the Uk with GiffGaff i was getting my APN settings from texting "settings" to "2020" and a configuration message came back with them in - and that is what i'd been using.

However i downloaded an app to delete all my phones APN's, then manually inputted my APN settings myself.

This solved my problem, i can now access the play store over cell data :)

Punnyabrata

Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
Works with 3G but doesnt work on wifi

I get connection timed out on wifi but when I try with 3G it's working fine.

Using Gingerbread 2.3.6 with root.

Any ideas?

normalxtv

Mar 13, 2013
Fix

need root to do this

1. go to setting clear data and stuff

2. sign out google account for play store from setting

3. get root explorer apk from 4shared

4. go to root explorer then go to directory etc>and delete host file

5. restart

6 go to play stor. re sign in

and it should work fine

Reactions: alizafar

abdullah.ajmol

May 11, 2013
Finally solved the problem

i solved the problem of google in my android by downloading a app from this link below:
downloadhotportal.blogspot.com[/url]
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

RobPitt

Dec 21, 2012
Brighton
www.robpitt.me.uk
Do this and then this, noting accounts.db has moved to /data/system/users/0/ on Android 4.2. Note: This removes all your accounts from Android not just your Google account, but having to re-add them is a small price to pay for a working Google Play.

After this happened again, I tried an alternative to removing accounts.db which worked well. I created another Google account then went to

menu => Accounts

In Google Play and added my new Google account. Then I switched back to the original account. To clean up I went to

Settings app => Accounts => Google

Selected the new account then selected "Remove account" from the menu button.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just solved my problem! Since I'm running a newly installed ROM, I wondered if my APN settings were correct (you would think so, since I could browse the net over data). Anyway, I went into the APN settings, and there were several 2Degrees APNs configured. I changed my default from "2degrees mobile" to "2degrees internet", and now Google Play works over data!
    Where are you trying to access it from mate? I mean your location, country?
    Fix

need root to do this

1. go to setting clear data and stuff

2. sign out google account for play store from setting

3. get root explorer apk from 4shared

4. go to root explorer then go to directory etc>and delete host file

5. restart

6 go to play stor. re sign in

and it should work fine