Iphone 5 is nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

VigilanteM2

Dec 21, 2010
Only thing that I thought was cool was the HD front facing camera for video chat. Other then that it seems meh.

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Using glass/metal doesn't mean build quality. The iPhone 4/4S can't even survive a single drop and is fragile, that's low build quality.

Samsung phones may have plastic but are extremely durable and well built.

I still do not understand why people do not get this concept. Same thing with HTC devices. They are heavy, they are bricks and every single one I owned you can find build defects.

In my SGS2, SGS2, SGS3 I have yet to find a defect in the build quality.

WHO CARES IF IT IS LIGHT WEIGHT AND PLASTIC BECAUSE IT IS MORE DURABLE THEN ALL THESE OTHER PHONES!!!!!!!!!!

hypertek

Oct 25, 2006
lol people will still flock to the stores to buy these like zombies going after flesh lol

Looks like most of it is just software updates (besides physical differences).. With our phones, when a newer android phone comes out with features, you can expect rom developers to bring those features to us. =p

Last edited:

Broadley1

Apr 12, 2012
Wow good luck with that finger print scan! Lol I see a bunch of crapple owners suing for being locked out of their phones. Ha ha ha :eek::D:D:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: namtheman1221

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I'm typically a fan of Apple products but man was I let down today

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

yeah! a lot of so called "new" are already existed in our android, like the front facing camera is now can do 720p recording, and can take picture while recording.. come on these already on the S3...they should said, we are now catching up to Galaxy S3....oh the navigation! now it can do turn by turn with voice!! LOL.

Reactions: xXJay_RXx

Mark930

Mar 31, 2011
4 inch screen and turn by turn! Omg! Must get... oh wait never mind android has always had turn by turn and my s3 is 4.8 inches never mind I guess ill pass

r1tesh

Apr 2, 2012
My two cents iphones suck..bottom line..bout to get a tattoo on my back represent android.....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Reactions: sasquatch080

ilogik

May 27, 2006
I wonder how the 4" narrow screen will feel like in hand, I have short thumbs and cant reach the icons on my SIII :)

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
I wonder when Samsung and HTC will throw the LTE patent lawsuits on Apple. What goes around comes around Apple....

charlieg90

Jun 16, 2012
Knoxville
Good Build Quality =/= Metal and Glass

Using glass/metal doesn't mean build quality. The iPhone 4/4S can't even survive a single drop and is fragile, that's low build quality.

dingdingding

People kill me with the whole "iphone build quality is so much better because it's all metal and glass" thing... Polymer materials aren't just used because they're cheaper and easier to produce in the complex shapes needed for modern devices, they're also MUCH more durable. Sure, glass is much harder than most things you'll encounter on a daily basis, but how much use is being able to scrub your keys on the back of your phone and not leave a scratch when it shatters after being dropped once? Sure, the aluminum "bumper" around the edge of the iphone looks nice and feels solid, but metals transmit shock and vibration a LOT more easily than, you guessed it, polymers! And what's the most likely part to contact the ground first when you drop it?

The whole "build quality" thing is nothing but a silly old-fashioned bias perpetuated by ignorance about modern materials. I can't be bothered to try to educate every valley girl who waves her both-sides-shattered iphone 4s at me while telling me the build quality is so much better than my cheap little knockoff S3 (which sports nary a scratch, mind you), but you folks are fair game.

Reactions: ooofest

graymonkey44

Nov 12, 2011
New York
A reversible lightning connector.... really?!?!?! Are people really that simple? I can't believe I wasted my time watching that video on the main apple website with that bald guy in his V-neck showing his hairy ass chest. Nothing revolutionary about it.

Elite49

Jul 5, 2011
No ones gonna point of the lie about 4G time? 8 Hours?! Doesn't this thing have a 1440 battery? How is possible for this thing to last that long on 4G? I get 3 - 5 Hours on 4G on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    558565_2424180861612_581251181_n.jpg
    The iPhone 5 doesn't have the same power that the S3 has, but the only thing I wish is that the build quality on the S3 was on par. I know the plastic keeps the costs down, but there is something to be said about having a device that is all glass and aluminum.

Non user replaceable battery?
    Non expandable memory?
    No NFC?

Count me in!

Wait..