HTC One SU (T528w)

Search This thread

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011
Hello, everybody!
First I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong section, I think, but I couldn't find a more suitable one.
So, I just got a dual sim HTC One SU made for the Chinese market. The phone is very ok. I was wondering if anyone got a similar one and tried to flash a custom ROM. I, for one, thought about flashing the stock Android 4 for HTC One S, since the SU is based on it, but did not manage to install a recovery tool in the first place (cwm, twrp, etc.).
So any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Macanakin

Mar 6, 2010
Hello, everybody!
First I would like to apologize for posting in the wrong section, I think, but I couldn't find a more suitable one.
So, I just got a dual sim HTC One SU made for the Chinese market. The phone is very ok. I was wondering if anyone got a similar one and tried to flash a custom ROM. I, for one, thought about flashing the stock Android 4 for HTC One S, since the SU is based on it, but did not manage to install a recovery tool in the first place (cwm, twrp, etc.).
So any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Which Build you have? (2.15, 1.11....)

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011
So, the phone runs Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 4.1; software number: 1.0.0.T528w; HTC SDK API level 4.25; kernel version 3.0.8+-g80c6f4b root@ABM020 #1 SMP PREEMPT; Baseband version 553.13.03.00 -6.1212.14.12; build number 1.05.1402.3 CL115349

Hope this helps; if you need another info I'll be glad to share it.Thanks!

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
So, the phone runs Android 4.0.4 with HTC Sense 4.1; software number: 1.0.0.T528w; HTC SDK API level 4.25; kernel version 3.0.8+-g80c6f4b root@ABM020 #1 SMP PREEMPT; Baseband version 553.13.03.00 -6.1212.14.12; build number 1.05.1402.3 CL115349

Hope this helps; if you need another info I'll be glad to share it.Thanks!

Do you have any software updates?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

acerulz

Jul 3, 2011
Bangalore
Its not as same as HTC One S ... is dual SIM,4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, 5MP camera (BSI sensor, F2.0, LED flash) with 720p video recording, HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi, GPS, Beats Audio and a microSD slot.

oly advantage is micro SD SloT....

Reactions: touch of jobo

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Its not as same as HTC One S ... is dual SIM,4.3-inch WVGA display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB storage, 5MP camera (BSI sensor, F2.0, LED flash) with 720p video recording, HSPA+ connectivity, Wi-Fi, GPS, Beats Audio and a microSD slot.

oly advantage is micro SD SloT....

In that case it's quite unlikely our recovery or ROMs will work, since it has a different SoC

Reactions: touch of jobo

Troute

Aug 22, 2010
Location Location.
OnePlus 9 Pro
Specs show it to be a very different animal..

Dual Sim
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8225 1GHZ Dual Core
GPU:Adreno 203
Memory: 1GB / ROM :4GMB eMMC
MAX supports 32GB Class 12 Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card)
Screen: 4.3 inch WVGA, 800*480,16M Colors, Super LCD2
Capacitive Multitouch Screen.
3G Network: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
2G Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 900/1800/1900 MHz Both Sims

It's almost like they are ripping off the Chinese HTC rip offs :)

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011
@usaff22
Do you have any software updates?
The only updates it finds are 2 applications that I don't need (Weibo and Videos, original Chinese applications probably.

@Troute
Specs show it to be a very different animal..
Indeed, but is not based on the S, hence the name SU?

Still, does anybody have an idea that might work? Otherwise I'll be stuck forever with this ROM.

Thanks.

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
@usaff22 The only updates it finds are 2 applications that I don't need (Weibo and Videos, original Chinese applications probably.

@Troute Indeed, but is not based on the S, hence the name SU?

Still, does anybody have an idea that might work? Otherwise I'll be stuck forever with this ROM.

Thanks.

You can make your own ROM lol

None of the ROMs here will work, and doing so will most likely brick the device.

sielik

Dec 15, 2007
Hello
May i ask you about Htc Su. It's really dual sim full active DSA or DSFA phone? when you are talking by one card and someone calls on the other card the phone rings or vibrate?
thank you

luapsogard

May 12, 2008
I have the same problem with my Htc t528w. I tried to root it without success until now. It is very annoying especially I don't have google play for installing apps. The rest is very fine with it. DSFA works great.

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
I have the same problem with my Htc t528w. I tried to root it without success until now. It is very annoying especially I don't have google play for installing apps. The rest is very fine with it. DSFA works great.

You can use the HTC Quick Root app, not sure if it is called that. It may or may not work.

Then get the GoogleServicesFramework.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk files and put them in /system/app/, before setting permissions.

Then get the latest Google Play 3.10.9 apk, rename it to PhoneSky.apk and also put it in /system/app/ and set permissions. After a reboot it should work perfectly.

luapsogard

May 12, 2008
It didnt work. Gives an error. Maybe I need to unlock the bootloader. I saw a tutorial on htc dev site but I'm a little bit afraid to try it. Also don't know where to find some files and programs which are necessary for doing it.

Reactions: ATSPerson

luapsogard

May 12, 2008
I decided to do it, finally, and everything went fine. I followed the tutorial from htcdev for unlocking bootloader and then, using "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17" I rooted the phone. For installing google play I had to install some more services but now everything works great.

alexshepherd

May 28, 2012
Singapore
CWM installed ok?

I decided to do it, finally, and everything went fine. I followed the tutorial from htcdev for unlocking bootloader and then, using "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17" I rooted the phone. For installing google play I had to install some more services but now everything works great.

Did you manage to install clockworkmod? I have not been able to - getting China Unicom start up screen with a padlock sign (I have unlocked and rooted).

Alex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Falseclock-2.1.0 custom rom

Based on latest OTA 2.13.1402.1

CHANGELOG
    1. Most of European language added
    2. Google and others are enabled (twitter, facebook ...)
    3. Google Apps added as system applications
    4. Root installed
    5. Busybox installed
    6. Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    7. SIM cards signal strengh changed
    8. Battery percent icons added
    9. SIM cards standby data connection type icons changed
    10. WiFi icons changed.
    11. Fixed location search for Weather and Clock using system locale.
    12. System application HTC One SU Tweaks for mods management
    13. Mod added Automatic call recording
    14. Mod added Preferred data slot
    15. Mod added Rosie landscape
    16. Disabling Quick Settings via tweaker
    17. Fixed font size for Messages
    18. Highlighted phonetical letters on Dialer

PREREQUISITES
    1.Make a backup of everything before doing anything.
    2.bootloader must be UNLOCKED.
    3.CWM recovery (fastboot flash recovery T528_recovery_PB1_working.img)

INSTRUCTION
    1. Download script and put on your SD card.
    2. Reboot to CWM recovery
    3. Choose install zip from sdcard
    4. Choose choose zip from sdcard
    5. Allocate zip file and choose Yes
    6. Wait until flashing finished
    7. Power off your device
    8. Boot to fastboot (Vol up + Power)
    9. Download boot.img
    10. Flash manualy new boot: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    11. Reboot and enjoy
    12. to disable power saving icon in tasker
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    pm disable com.htc.htcpowermanager/.powersaver.PowerSaverNotificationReceiver
    >>> Download custom ROM here <<<

P.S. This is latest version of my Custom rom. First of all I'm tired. Secondly I do not see that it is necessary for someone. No thanks, no reports, no anything talking some using my job.
    Too bad that you feel like that, man! We rely on your works. Does that mean there's no more patches?

You know I've been trying to support your efforts but obviously you have decided already.. hope you would change your mind.

2.2.0 ROM
    boot.img
    2.2.1 UPDATE

instruction as before, 2.2.1 install over 2.2.0
    based on last ОТА 2.15.1402.

CHANGELOG
    1. Tweak: disable APN notification
    2. Tweak: disable power saver
    3. Tweak: disable SMS Report notification in status bar if Delivery reports is switched ON. Messages in chat anyway will be marked as Received, but will relieve you of notification in the status and slider bar.

BE CAREFULL DOWNLOADING, SOME DUDES FOUND VIRUSES INSIDE STOCK ROM
    Modified Boot Image for False Clock 2.2.1 image

I have modified boot.img for False Clock image 2.2.1.

I have changed the ramdisk to make adb run as root.
    Changes done are in ramdisk/default.prop

Code:
    - ro.secure=1
    - ro.allow.mock.location=0
    - ro.debuggable=0
    - persist.service.adb.enable=0

+ ro.secure=0
    + ro.allow.mock.location=0
    + ro.debuggable=1
    + persist.sys.usb.config=adb

with this change you will get "#" instead of "$" in adb shell. ;)

New boot image is attached.
    By the way, for those interested I may soon release a custom ROM for T528w. :fingers-crossed:
    Sorry, mate! The truth is I've been rather busy lately. It's not that I don't want to share my ROM, the fact is I really use the phone right now and I'm starting to lose my patience regarding the lack of resources for this phone. It's a great phone, I love it, but I did so many factory resets lately, I even lost some data on the SD card.
    I've been trying to backup my ROM using CWM (thanks again VisuM!) and I think I don't know how to make a proper backup or save the entire ROM as .zip and then share it.
    Maybe one of you guys tell me how to do a good backup and then share it on some website, trust me, I'll do it!

The correct steps to generate a clean rom (you should have sdcard with some free space):

1- Reboot to recovery and click once the Vol-Up (to access CWM interface).
    2- Go to Backup and Restore from menu.
    3- Click on Backup (this will generate your full original backup).
    4- After it completes, Choose Go Back to main menu.
    5- Click Wipe data/factory reset then Yes.
    6- Click Wipe cache partition then Yes.
    7- Click Backup and Restore
    8- Click on Backup (this will generate the rom you can share).
    9- After it completes, Choose Go Back to main menu.
    10- Go to Backup and Restore
    11- Click on Advanced Restore
    12- Choose the earlier backup (which you generated in step 3) there must be two backups with different time.
    13- Select to restore data then restore cache, you may also want to restore sd-ext if it's available.
    14- Go Back then Reboot the system.

You will then be back without losing any data. You can also get the rom you generated last from sdcard at /clockworkmod/backup/ just compress that folder and send it to us. Make sure you select the right folder, you should notice the folder's data file is smaller than your original one.

If you feel confused about these steps or you don't understand them very well please DON'T DO IT until you get the idea how it works.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Hello again!
    I also downloaded that ROM and tried to flash it with CWM, but it didn't work, I think there may be something wrong with my phone - still, I'm glad factory reset still works. As for the OTA, I already gave it up.
    As I was saying in a previous post I'm very unhappy about my phone charging so slow, which is starting to make me grow tired of it and think about selling it.
    Anyway, I'm glad to see that you're still on the job, being one of the most active in this thread.

Nothing wrong with your phone, that ROM doesn't fit the HTC One SU.

Btw, in regards to your charging problem try the following:

1- Charge it while it's turned off, and from the power source direct and not from USB and see if there's an improvment.
    2- If not solved, try to Replace the charger (use any other charger like Samsung) and see if it helps.
    3- If not solved, your battery might be the problem especially if it dies quickly, try to replace it if it's not that expensive because it would just be a test.
    4- If none of the above worked, you would need to report your phone for warranty replacement. I guess HTC warranty should cover it internationally.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

For those who would change their boot animation, you can do it as below:

1- Download a boot animation from sources like:
    http://androidbootanimation.com/
    http://rootzwiki.com/forum/239-boot-animations/
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1642888
    or just google it.

2- Mount your system folder writable (you can use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer for that).

3- Go to /system/customize/resource using any file explorer

4- Rename the file CU_bootanimation.zip to CU_bootanimation-bak.zip

5- Copy your favorite bootanimation to that folder and rename it to CU_bootanimation.zip

6- Remount your sysem as read-only.

7- Restart and enjoy.

* You can do the same for CU_downanimation.zip to change shutdown animation.

* You can change or disable the boot and shutdown sounds by renaming the files:
    Boot_up_music.mp3
    Shut_down_music.mp3

in the same folder. (To disable them simply change their names to something else).

I also tried to change the Initial boot logo (or splash screen) but I guess it requires to have S-off.