[KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix

Search This thread

aureluanobue

Jul 1, 2013
I have a problem to start the rom. I do all the steps in this order from twrp recovery:
Baseband / Rom /patch
But I stay definitively in the lg logo.
Can you help me please?

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB
what i dont understand. in OP stand, at first to Flash the KK baseband.....
But when i Flash a kitkat Rom, the KK baseband will be installed automaticlly. Logical.
i write how i would Flash, maybe others correct my idea:

- stock 4.2.2 Rom
- root it
- Flash recovery
- install KK Rom (give enough on Forum)
- Flash the Special kernel.
- reboot
- Flash you recovery as u do it on 4.2.2

is that correct?

Right way :

- stock 4.2.2 Rom
- root it
- Flash recovery
- Flash Kitkat Baseband
- reboot

Key point:
System Kitkat + Patched Kitkat Kernel + Baseband kitkat

Last edited:

aureluanobue

Jul 1, 2013
The installation process can be done from a custom rom stock 4.2.2 or only from the original stock rom?

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
The installation process can be done from a custom rom stock 4.2.2 or only from the original stock rom?
You guys can think flashing KitKat ROM just the same as flashing normal (JB) ROM with special baseband requirement (KK baseband)

so the KK ROM (or Patch), should not contains aboot.img, correct?
Yep, if you include aboot (new bootloader), then all this process is useless.

@Cloudyfa

What is a different between KitKat BaseBand of you and BaseBand that extract from kdz file?
They're the same, I just packed them and uploaded for your convenience.

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
What is the file img that control rooted/unroot status from download mode?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
@Cloudyfa

When I back to JB by backup file from TWRP and flash JB BaseBand Why in the software version show this.

I already factory reset.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-43-28.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-43-28.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-43-28-horz.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-10-43-28-horz.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,293
Last edited:

SREEPRAJAY

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 9, 2010
CITY OF PARKS
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@Cloudyfa

When I back to JB by backup file from TWRP and flash JB BaseBand Why in the software version show this.

I already factory reset.

Though I am not a developer or an expert in this subject.....

with my previous device LG O2X, Base bands could not be flashed with a zip file by recovery method....ONLY possible with smart flash tool or the KDZ method...so I am a bit confused and your picture confirms somewhat this.... @Cloudyfa maybe you can clarify this?

Thanks

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok

Attachments

• xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,997
Last edited:

Cloudyfa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2005
HCM City
@Cloudyfa

I already factory reset.

problem solve .

I download this : https://mega.co.nz/#!dUkUCACD!aHKC-ylD2ngd8eX-jcwKVWHQt4Z2qIGEWMbKMvk8w-A
and flash via TWRP again it's ok.

in zip file contain
cust
modem

of D80210E ESA of my country

I already mentioned about cust.img, so if you wanna back to JB (D802) you should include your JB cust.img or simply clear its contents.
@Cloudyfa

A special thing for D802 that this variant has cust.img partition so you guys doing ROM for it must include cust.img or else the ROM wont boot. That cust.img not really important, the real problem is the old setting files and branded app in your old cust partition trying to load on new KitKat system that causing problem, so you can include the cust.img in your ROM, or use script to clear all the old cust partition.

Though I am not a developer or an expert in this subject.....

with my previous device LG O2X, Base bands could not be flashed with a zip file by recovery method....ONLY possible with smart flash tool or the KDZ method...so I am a bit confused and your picture confirms somewhat this.... @Cloudyfa maybe you can clarify this?

Thanks
With G2 we can flash it via zip file, they're in @autoprime's thread. Or you can extract it from your latest JB kdz to have an updated version.

Reactions: SREEPRAJAY

somboons

Apr 25, 2011
Bangkok
I already mentioned about cust.img, so if you wanna back to JB (D802) you should include your JB cust.img or simply clear its contents.

With G2 we can flash it via zip file, they're in @autoprime's thread. Or you can extract it from your latest JB kdz to have an updated version.

ัyou mean I can use script

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cust

for make rom or restore swap between JB and KK.

maorosh

Feb 1, 2014
kfar saba
what i dont understand. in OP stand, at first to Flash the KK baseband.....
But when i Flash a kitkat Rom, the KK baseband will be installed automaticlly. Logical.
i write how i would Flash, maybe others correct my idea:

- stock 4.2.2 Rom
- root it
- Flash recovery
- reboot
- Flash you recovery as u do it on 4.2.2

is that correct?

hmm that what i tried ...
i flashed KK stock rom,
than i tried flashed the kernel
and boom,
phone is dead ,??!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

raz0r09

Mar 15, 2009
Hello,

I didn´t really get the use of the patched kernels. What is possible if I use such an modded kernel? I am at Europe Open KK Stock Firmware at the moment. So I can´t use TWRP etc. anymore due to the closed source of the KK Kernel of the original Firmware.
Please explain me the feature of the offered Stock KitKat kernels patched for Old Bootloader in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock KitKat Kernel

Info
    You guys already know our G2's issue with LG's official KitKat upgrade. It forces us to use the new bootloader which is loki-killer, that means no custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz), no custom kernel anymore. Right now there's no way to bypass that new bootloader in order to install those stuff. Anyway we still have a workaround to deal with that issue by patching the new kernel so it can work with the old bootloader (which still has loki support) thanks to @JackpotClavin, @Savoca, @xdabbeb​

Upgrade to KitKat
    For best experience with KitKat, you should follow these steps:
    • Upgrade to KitKat first (KDZ/TOT/OTA)
    • Root by ioroot25
    • Use AutoRec to have recovery
    Then you can flash any ROM you like

*D801 must root before taking KitKat OTA

Return To JellyBean
    It's real simple when you wanna return to your old ROM or your NAND backup (JB base). All you need is downloading the old JB Baseband and flash it, then your ROM / backup. You can find old JB Baseband here in @autoprime 's thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451426

White lines issue
    Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name. More info: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52414185&postcount=122

Download

*Special thank to all the DEVs here in XDA that involved in the KitKat research.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] Stock KitKat kernels & White Lines issue fix, a Kernel for the LG G2

Contributors
    Cloudyfa, Savoca
    Kernel Special Features: Working with Old Bootloader

Version Information

Created 2014-03-14
    Last Updated 2014-05-04
    Stock kernel patched with Knock Code supported:

D802: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14195

I and @Savoca will try to adapt this KC to other variants soon.
    Some devices use different panel hardware (JDI instead of LGIT) and you will have white lines after using patched kernel. You must use those kernel with "_jdi" in its name.

For Devs:
    You should make another version of your kernel to fix that issue for those using JDI panel. By using this cmdline appending:
    "mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_jdi_cmd" instead of
    "mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_lgd_cmd"

For Users:
    Show your favourite Dev this post and he'll know what he should do in order to fix the issue.
    If you're using Stock kernel, flash these kernel instead: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14480
    Any chance for LS980??

D803 sources are out on lg

Sent from my LG-D803
    In progress :)
    @Cloudyfa Now that d803 KitKat has been released, can we have patched kernel and new modem as well?
    I have extracted bin files with firmware extractor but don't know how to extract further to img file for submitting here, to save you from downloading 1.6gb file.

Sent from my LG-D803
    Maybe, please pm me the modem.bin and boot.bin you extracted.