Pre-orders (UK)

Search This thread

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
The people that ordered from unlocked-mobiles, can you post here to tell us if it ships for you tomorrow?
thank you !

I'm very curious to know this as well. Why would they have it before every one else? I'm hoping they're not going to BS you with lines like "there's been a slight problem with our suppliers, we'll ship them out next week, in the meantime let us invest your upfront cash" ;)

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
So many bad reviews of Royal Mail also lol... and I'm not willing to pay 50 GBP to use their UPS/fedex service just to get it this week when I can pay ~17 pounds from handtec next week and use Fedex.. I'm scared that Royal Mail may lose the package lol.

Last edited:

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
So many bad reviews of Royal Mail also lol... and I'm not willing to pay 50 GBP to use their UPS/fedex service just to get it this week when I can pay ~17 pounds from handtec next week and use Fedex.. I'm scared that Royal Mail may lose the package lol.

If it's Recorded Delivery which I'm sure it will be you will be able to use the Royal Mail Tracking service.

Adriaaaaan

Feb 24, 2009
yeah.... they just emailed me

Dear Customer

Samsung have advised that the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S will now be delivered to us next week. We anticipate the delivery date to be beginning of next week. We apologise for the delay.

As soon at the stock arrives, it will be immediately dispatched via a priority service for all pre-order customers.

The UK is the first country to receive the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S, so you are still guaranteed first receipt.

Should you wish to cancel your order, simply reply to this email.

Any questions regarding the delivery can also be sent in reply to this update.

Kind Regards

The Unlocked Mobiles.com Team

Ferdimage

Jan 1, 2009
Sydney
yeah it hurts got the email too...
but hey we knew it was coming .. Clove/Handtec already had the 07/06 dates...

Nicolopolus

Dec 24, 2009
Was just confirming my order with Handtec, was advised that there's a rumour it's been delayed til the 14/15th in UK (they're sticking til 7th unless they hear otherwise). Perhaps that could be the global launch date?

wliu88

Mar 13, 2010
Toronto
the different from clove others is there 8G card included,

What's in the box of Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (8GB)
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Battery
UK AC Adapter
8GB MicroSD card

Last edited:

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
the different from clove others is there 8G card included,

Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Battery
UK AC Adapter
8GB MicroSD card

wliu88 did you add that last line lol?

this is what I have on clove.co.uk

* Samsung Galaxy S I9000
* Battery
* UK AC Adapter

may be good that it's delayed.. there is a bug in the camera that is not letting it launch
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2781948&page=11

2 people are having that error.
and it's sad, someone pointed out there are no led notification lights for missed calls/sms/email :( but they're new to android so I hope they are mistaken..

Last edited:

darksnarfer

Jun 2, 2010
Just found this (sorry can't post links): phandroid.com/2010/06/02/samsung-galaxy-s-launches-in-europe-us-and-rest-of-world-follow-in-2010/

I like the part where it says: "Available across Europe at launch, the Galaxy S will roll out to the rest of the world including the US later this year."

I know it will be available at launch, I just don't know when the launch will hapen!! :confused:

bajica

Apr 7, 2010
Osijek
Some lucky guys allready got there phone :)

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=46170108&postcount=1293

edit:
also there is vid here:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OD_EUE95LU

Last edited:

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Some lucky guys allready got there phone :)

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=46170108&postcount=1293

edit:
also there is vid here:

youtube.com/watch?v=_OD_EUE95LU

very nice :D obviously it will be better in day time. but it's very smooth and there was no stuttering.
can't wait to get this phone, it may not be the best 720p but it's great to have that in a phone.

Silverdragondk

Jun 20, 2009
According to Samsung Denmark we're apparently getting the phone on 28 june, so I wouldn't get too annoyed if you're having your release date pushed a week or so. It's still "much" earlier than us in Denmark! grr I say!

Regards

wliu88

Mar 13, 2010
Toronto
wliu88 did you add that last line lol?

this is what I have on clove.co.uk

* Samsung Galaxy S I9000
* Battery
* UK AC Adapter

may be good that it's delayed.. there is a bug in the camera that is not letting it launch
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2781948&page=11

2 people are having that error.
and it's sad, someone pointed out there are no led notification lights for missed calls/sms/email :( but they're new to android so I hope they are mistaken..

I'm sure clove modified their website now. I think they find this mistake.

I wonder if someone order before tomorrow can ask them to provide this 8G SDcard?

Wazco

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, you can read all about it in their Blog blog.clove.co.uk/2010/06/02/samsung-galaxy-s-i9000-16gb/

The good news though is that they will ship (at their own cost) an 8GB MicroSD Card with the phone.

Hmm but I wonder if that applies to those who pre ordered? Clove currently have two entires on their site now for the Galaxy S, one with a free 8gb card and one without. As I pre ordered the one without a week ago, will I get it?

It might just be a case of them not replacing the old entry for the Galaxy S with the new one yet.

Im really gutted about this delay though and am considering changing my order to the Desire, damn my impatience.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Hmm but I wonder if that applies to those who pre ordered? Clove currently have two entires on their site now for the Galaxy S, one with a free 8gb card and one without. As I pre ordered the one without a week ago, will I get it?

It might just be a case of them not replacing the old entry for the Galaxy S with the new one yet.

Im really gutted about this delay though and am considering changing my order to the Desire, damn my impatience.
There is no way Clove or any retailer can sell an item at the same price one with the card and one without.
Rest assured, any i9000 previously pre-ordered will have the same box contents including accessories provided.
It would be customer melt-down if they offered it only to new pre-orders.

But for total peace of mind send Clove an email and come back here to let the guys know how you got on.

As to the delay, yes it's sad but that's life. We get ups and downs all the time, that's what makes us what we are. :)