[Q] What would you like in a Desire X custom ROM

What would you want most in a Desire X rom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
I have a Desire X and upon looking for a custom rom for it I saw how little there were on XDA I put this down to the fact that the HTC Desire X isnt a very well know device. So i decided to make my own. I have made three ROMs before all for the Nexus 7 2013 edition. All of these have had a lot of success and very good feed back. They were full of tweaks and they all had optimized custom kernels. So I feel that i stand a good ground to make one for the Desire X. I know what I want in the rom but what I want to know is what does the community want in it. This may take some time to get all the information from the community and to actually build the rom so please be patient while i make it. Please leave down below what you guys would like to see in the rom and whether or not you would like a custom kernel built in or as an added extra you could flash after the rom if you wish. Leave below any suggestions you want and any tweaks you may want me to integrate, if there is a certain aspect of a rom you would like me to add again please leave that below. Again thank you and I hope I can make a good rom that you will all like.

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
I have a Desire X and upon looking for a custom rom for it I saw how little there were on XDA I put this down to the fact that the HTC Desire X isnt a very well know device. So i decided to make my own. I have made three ROMs before all for the Nexus 7 2013 edition. All of these have had a lot of success and very good feed back. They were full of tweaks and they all had optimized custom kernels. So I feel that i stand a good ground to make one for the Desire X. I know what I want in the rom but what I want to know is what does the community want in it. This may take some time to get all the information from the community and to actually build the rom so please be patient while i make it. Please leave down below what you guys would like to see in the rom and whether or not you would like a custom kernel built in or as an added extra you could flash after the rom if you wish. Leave below any suggestions you want and any tweaks you may want me to integrate, if there is a certain aspect of a rom you would like me to add again please leave that below. Again thank you and I hope I can make a good rom that you will all like.

First question: You will make a Sense based ROM I presume. Which base do you want to use, Sense 4 or Sense 5? For the requests, I would like to have a good sound mod for sure (I listen to a lot of music).

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
Adding music tweaks.

First question: You will make a Sense based ROM I presume. Which base do you want to use, Sense 4 or Sense 5? For the requests, I would like to have a good sound mod for sure (I listen to a lot of music).

Yes I will make a sense based rom I am still trying to decide on which one to use because I have never made a rom for a HTC device, which sense would you recommend. I love music to so I will update the beats audio drivers that are pre installed to some higher quality ones I will also make sure that the music is a bit louder when coming out of the speakers, I will also have a different stock music app with a built in EQ so that you can change the frequency's and make your music louder. I run an EQ on my Desire X now and there is a noticeable difference in quality and volume when the EQ is used so I will tie that in with the rom. Thanks for your feed back I hope can make a rom that will please you and many others. How would you feel about a custom kernel with overclocking and underclocking.

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
OK I can make it look similar to AOSP obviously I would have to try and find the codes for the build prop from that ROM would you want a custom bootanimation? And what do you mean at 2.20.405 I'm confused.

Sent from my own Fast ROM Nightly Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

With 2.20.405 he just means the latest Sense 4 build available, just take a look at the Android Developement section and search for it. You'll find the base made by ckpv5 there.

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
AOSP or Sense 5

Should I make a AOSP based rom or a Sense 5 based rom. I am going to start making a nightly version of my rom tonight it will be a Sense 5 based rom. There will be a 1.4ghz kernel that you can flash along side the rom in the future I will make the kernel part of the rom so you don't have to flash it separately. I hope to have the rom out by Sunday or early next week but this will be very early nightly so there won't be much on the rom but it will just to see how stable the rom and kernel is. Thanks you everybody for helping me. The rom will be 4.2 which I think is gingerbread. I hope you enjoy the nightly and I hope you will enjoy the rom as I slowly do more and more development on it.

filipcar

Jun 17, 2013
Belgrade
Should I make a AOSP based rom or a Sense 5 based rom. I am going to start making a nightly version of my rom tonight it will be a Sense 5 based rom. There will be a 1.4ghz kernel that you can flash along side the rom in the future I will make the kernel part of the rom so you don't have to flash it separately. I hope to have the rom out by Sunday or early next week but this will be very early nightly so there won't be much on the rom but it will just to see how stable the rom and kernel is. Thanks you everybody for helping me. The rom will be 4.2 which I think is gingerbread. I hope you enjoy the nightly and I hope you will enjoy the rom as I slowly do more and more development on it.

Best of luck! If you need alpha/beta testers i'm here along with some other people that i think will help you.

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
my mistake

Seriously? 4.2 is JB as well, Gingerbread was 2.3. Also, what base will you do? There is no 4.2 for us yet...

I'm sorry I only run kitkat on my nexus 7 I was unsure on wheather it was jellybean or gingerbread I'm sorry I am sorry for my mistake. I know that my desire X is running ics but I thought some were able to run jellybean. I will use a ics sense 5 base. Well for the nightly I will.

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
alpha and beta teaters

Best of luck! If you need alpha/beta testers i'm here along with some other people that i think will help you.

Thank you for expressing interest and thanks for the luck. I would need some alpha and beta testers because my desire X as of this moment isn't rooted and so I can't test the rom my self. When I finish the nightly I will make a post in this thread about it, at this point I would need people to test it. If you find any bugs problems or want to give suggestions please PM me or post your feed back in the thread. Thank you guys for your help and thank you for being interested in my rom. Again thank you willing to test the rom in such early state.

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
Thanks for the help.

Now you're mixing things again. Just for your record: 2.3 - Gingerbread. 4.0 - ICS. 4.1 - JB. 4.2 - JB. 4.3 - JB again. 4.4 - you know this one. Sense 5 won't run on ICS, only on JB.

See that's what I thought I am runnig 4.1.1 which I know is ics and upon asking around people wanted a sense 5 rom for the desire X but I am running sense 4 my self. I was getting confused my self. Ok what I am going to do is use my own devices stock rom because it is non rooted so what I will do is add superSU as a system app so that all you people who have root(obviously you do to flash a rom) can have superSU ready. Ok thank you for your help you have helped my become in confused and as I have said I have only ever made 4.4.2 roms on pure android so this is my first time working with ics and sense 4. Thanks again for your help.

raaf003

Mar 20, 2014
Jammu
Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM for DX

i would like to see a Kitkat 4.4.2 ROM for the DX with Google launcher and Google dialer

prizinor123

Mar 17, 2014
London
Kit Kat ROM

I could try and make a kit kat rom or more to the point i could try and port it across from another device. I also own a HTC one X running 4.4.2 with sense on top obviously and so i could try and port kit kat from that rom to our Desire X. I have never ported a rom before so any help you could give me would be massively helpful. I can try and teach my self and try and learn how to port roms but if you know how to port roms could you please help me. Thank you and sorry the sense 4 rom is running late i haven't been able to work on it due issues at school. I hope to have that out soon i am adding UI tweaks and trying to find a good stable kernel to include in the rom, give me time to to work on this and i will release the rom soon. After i have released my sense 4 rom i will start work on a kit kat port with google launcher and the correct dialer, so yeah port the rom not just make a custom theme. Thanks for all your help i will try and make some good roms for you and have a kit kat port out within the next few weeks and months. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    alpha and beta teaters

Thank you for expressing interest and thanks for the luck. I would need some alpha and beta testers because my desire X as of this moment isn't rooted and so I can't test the rom my self. When I finish the nightly I will make a post in this thread about it, at this point I would need people to test it. If you find any bugs problems or want to give suggestions please PM me or post your feed back in the thread. Thank you guys for your help and thank you for being interested in my rom. Again thank you willing to test the rom in such early state.
    Ahmm. 4.1 is JB and you are running sense 4 on stock, but there are two 4.1 roms with sense 5. I think you will get this now xd

Wysłane z mojego HTC Desire X przy użyciu Tapatalka