My phone just die and it is not responding.

Search This thread
Dec 10, 2013
Today my phone was working fine and it was working fine all the time. I have 4.4.4 Android unlocked and not rooted (it was rooted, but when i updated to 4.4.4 the root was gone and i didnt put it on). It was in my pocket and when i got home i wanted to start the sceen and it dosent react to anything. I tryed charging it (thinking the battery died, not nothing on the screen), try pushing all the buttons (3 buttons in the same time) nothing again. it is so strange!? what i can do? i have connected to my computer, but the com is not detecting it. and the screen dont react at all. :( this is so strange!?!?!?:confused:

i4GS

Apr 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs
Today my phone was working fine and it was working fine all the time. I have 4.4.4 Android unlocked and not rooted (it was rooted, but when i updated to 4.4.4 the root was gone and i didnt put it on). It was in my pocket and when i got home i wanted to start the sceen and it dosent react to anything. I tryed charging it (thinking the battery died, not nothing on the screen), try pushing all the buttons (3 buttons in the same time) nothing again. it is so strange!? what i can do? i have connected to my computer, but the com is not detecting it. and the screen dont react at all. :( this is so strange!?!?!?:confused:
So You've done nothing?
Okay, well first i recommend doing the "obvious".

1) Hold Down the Power Button
else
2)Load device manager on your PC and connect your Phone, anything coming up?
else
3)leave it in the charger overnight.

Also if the battery is dead, it won't show anything on screen, it'll be black only.
then when it has enough power it'll show a red light at the bottom.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Push and good the power button for 20 seconds. See if after it'll boot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

theErock

Oct 12, 2013
Covina
Maybe try giving it a while on the chargee then toggle with the power button. I had a Lenovo tab once that did the same thing, it just suddenly died and I tried doing everything I could to revive it. So I just gave up and left it on the charger for a long time then gave it one last hold of the power button and presto! It was alive.

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder

Dec 10, 2013
thanks

thanks for ur answer.

1. i tryed that and nothing happen. i have Practical Meter and when i hold those buttons it gives me signal that it is not charging and when i stop holding the buttons it gives signal that is full charging (like charging at its 5 of 5 leval of charging)

2. i tryed this, but nothing is showing on the device manager

3. i will try this tonight.

thanks anyway! :good: hope my phone is not dead, because i have unlocked and the warrety is void.

So You've done nothing?
Okay, well first i recommend doing the "obvious".

1) Hold Down the Power Button
else
2)Load device manager on your PC and connect your Phone, anything coming up?
else
3)leave it in the charger overnight.

Also if the battery is dead, it won't show anything on screen, it'll be black only.
then when it has enough power it'll show a red light at the bottom.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
thanks for ur answer.

1. i tryed that and nothing happen. i have Practical Meter and when i hold those buttons it gives me signal that it is not charging and when i stop holding the buttons it gives signal that is full charging (like charging at its 5 of 5 leval of charging)

2. i tryed this, but nothing is showing on the device manager

3. i will try this tonight.

thanks anyway! :good: hope my phone is not dead, because i have unlocked and the warrety is void.

If you can't turn on the phone, even they wouldn't be able to. I guess you still have a shot at warranty. :fingers-crossed:

informatican5

Dec 1, 2013
i am having the same problem, but when i connect my phone to the computer it's trying to instal the qhsusb_bulk driver, from my reasarch it's a hard brik... same i cand use my warranty because the phone glass it's cracked so the only solution is a jtag but i dont't know if it's posibile for the NEXUS 5. I went to a service and the say it's because of dead software. All i want to know is if it's posibile to resurect it with JTAG.

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Same thing happened to my n5 32gb last Thursday. I sent it already to Google. It is unlocked but like new condition visually.
I'm really disappointed because my old 4year old HTC working.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
i am having the same problem, but when i connect my phone to the computer it's trying to instal the qhsusb_bulk driver, from my reasarch it's a hard brik... same i cand use my warranty because the phone glass it's cracked so the only solution is a jtag but i dont't know if it's posibile for the NEXUS 5. I went to a service and the say it's because of dead software. All i want to know is if it's posibile to resurect it with JTAG.

You need the proper equipment for it and I haven't seen anybody here resurrecting their devices using jtag.

Same thing happened to my n5 32gb last Thursday. I sent it already to Google. It is unlocked but like new condition visually.
I'm really disappointed because my old 4year old HTC working.

Hardware failures can occur on any device. My HTC One X died within 2 months of usage. That's why the manufacturer provides warranty to take care of it under such circumstances.

informatican5

Dec 1, 2013
You need the proper equipment for it and I haven't seen anybody here resurrecting their devices using jtag.

Hardware failures can occur on any device. My HTC One X died within 2 months of usage. That's why the manufacturer provides warranty to take care of it under such circumstances.

You can try to access the secondary bootloader and see if you can fix it from there. Follow the last thread which I've linked in my signature and from the its OP follow the bsod thread.

If that doesn't help, the device is a goner.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

i'm stuk at poit 2a, adb doesnt recognize it and i don't know exactly how to navigate to the recovery option and load recovery. except vol -+ and power wich doesn't work.

Last edited:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
i'm stuk at poit 2a, adb doesnt recognize it and i don't know exactly how to navigate to the recovery option and load recovery. except vol -+ and power wich doesn't work.

You need to use the volume buttons to select recovery option in bootloader and then press the power button to get there.. If the buttons are stuck or do not work, I'm not sure what you could do now other than rma. :rolleyes:

Dec 10, 2013
I manage to fix my phone. i was charging it for 1 hour and with the cable on (charging) i start to press all the buttons (for recovery mode) and nothing happen and then disconnect it from this charger and i connect it to other charger and magically when i plug the cable the phone display show that it is charging (and before that it was not showing this) and then i just turn it on. so just try a coupple of times with different situation.

Lior84

Aug 2, 2010
Tried every combination with different chargers and sadly without success. It already on it's way to Google