[All Carriers]Touch Wiz Themeing Questions

Search This thread

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
Does anyone know how to change the transparency of the status bar icons in Lollipop ROMs? (specifically the OA8 build for the Verizon S5)

I tried changing status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha to 100% in SystemUI\res\values\dimens.xml (there is no tw_status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha), and I even tried making every color in colors.xml start with #ff, but the status bar icons still stay somewhat translucent. I have a feeling it must be something in smali, but I haven't been able to track it down...

Thanks!

Sent from my Developer Edition Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

nyfl2004

Aug 29, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Fl
Hey guys. I'm on OE2 version 5.0.2 on the Galaxy S6 Edge for Sprint. I modded the stock SystemUI to center the clock on the status bar and now i have some misaligned icons between the homesecreen and lockscreen. Can someone point me in the right direction to correct it? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-14-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-14-45.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-15-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-08-20-15-05.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

AntwonJenkins

Sep 26, 2010
SC
OMG, how do I get rid of the alarm icon in the status bar. I've been searching all day through posts.... Please someone point me in the right direction.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since themeing Samsung's TouchWiz UI is not quite as simple as AOSP, and sometimes even device specific, I thought it would be nice to have thread for the themers here to help each other, post tips and things like that so we can all learn and get some killer themes going on this thing.

Also, (if this gets becomes a sticky) we can keep the themeing question threads to a minimum.

For those of you that don't know me, I've been themeing Android for about a year and a half now. I started on the Epic 4G then moved over to the Nexus S 4G. I'm always willing to help others as time permits.

Happy Themeing!

Please search before you post!

Since the US carriers were combined into one forum, please note the carrier for you device when posting.

When people are helping you make sure you use the "Thanks" button to show your appreciation!

Here are some goodies that have been posted so far.

Remove Carrier ID from status bar on AT&T rom: Thanks to mrvirginia & deserted1 Here

Guide to remove Carrier ID / Clock from the status bar by deserted1

How to center the clock by Swiftks

Some more status bar mods thanks to freeza

There are many other tips, hints, how to's, and tools in the thread so please search to help keep the thread clean.
    How are you guys decompiling/recompiling apps like the secsettings,seccontac or secphone I read you could try changing the heap size but when I do that it will decompile and recompile just fine but the apps will fc when I push them to my phone thanks in advanced

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

1- use APKMULTITOOL [ Download Link ]
    2- put the " SystemUI.apk , framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk " in the " Other " Folder.
    3- run setup and install , framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk and at the end install SystemUI.apk.
    4- after finishing the setup, put your desired application into the "place-apk-here-for-modding"
    5- run script.bat
    6- enter " 21 " and select the compression level to " 0"
    7- enter " 24 " select your file
    8- enter " 9" decompile your file
    9- Edit your apk ( from project folder )
    10- go back to script , and enter " 11 " (11 Compile System APK files)
    11- program will ask you
    Code:
    Aside from the signatures, would you like to copy
    over any additional files that you didn't modify
    from the original apk in order to ensure least
    # of errors (y/n)
    Type input:

press " y " and hit the " enter ".
    minimize the script.bat window, and go to the " Keep " folder.

* the "keep" folder will create in the Multitool folder.

12- goto the Keep folder, and delete the files that you edit them.
    13- go back to the script.bat window and hit the any key.
    14- your new modded apk will generate on the "place-apk-here-for-modding " folder. with "System_" prefix.

also you can see the complete tutorial here
    http://www.pda-planet.com/forum/forum573/thread1183.html

-------------
    Anyone want to explain to me how to change my Grey status bar to white? I can use apktool efficiently but can't get the color of it to change.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

In systemui:

res/values/drawables.xml

Code:
    <item type="drawable" name="status_bar_background">#ff[COLOR="Red"]ffffff[/COLOR]</item>

res/layout/tw_super_status_bar.xml

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.StatusBarWindowView android:background="#ff[COLOR="Red"]ffffff[/COLOR]" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
    Got it perfect to my liking. :laugh: :good:

screenshot2013021412363.png

Here's my tw_status_bar_expanded.xml with the changes in RED.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <FrameLayout android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="@drawable/notification_panel_bg" android:paddingTop="@dimen/notification_panel_padding_top" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/notification_panel_margin_left"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
        <FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_underlap">
            <include android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/tw_notification_panel_header_height" layout="@layout/tw_status_bar_expanded_header" />
            <com.wanam.systemui.quickpanel.PowerWidget android:id="@id/exp_power_stat" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/notification_panel_header_height" />
            <HorizontalScrollView android:id="@id/quicksetting_scroller" android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="@dimen/quick_setting_button_height" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/tw_notification_panel_header_height">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicksetting.QuickSettingPanel android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/quicksetting_container" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:divider="@drawable/tw_black_bg" android:showDividers="middle" />
            </HorizontalScrollView>
            <ScrollView android:id="@id/scroll" android:fadingEdge="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginTop="@dimen/notification_panel_quicksettingbtn_height" android:overScrollMode="ifContentScrolls">
                <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/scrollCart" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/brightness_controller" android:background="#ff000000" [COLOR="red"]android:visibility="invisible"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="[COLOR="red"]26.0dip[/COLOR]">
                        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" [COLOR="red"]android:visibility="invisible"[/COLOR] android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="[COLOR="red"]25.0dip[/COLOR]">
                            <ImageView android:id="@id/brightness_icon" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="13.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_brightness" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_brightness_icon" />
                            <FrameLayout android:id="@id/brightness_group" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.ToggleSlider android:id="@id/brightness" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" systemui:text="@string/status_bar_settings_auto_brightness_label" />
                                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.ToggleSlider android:id="@id/auto_brightness" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" systemui:text="@string/status_bar_settings_auto_brightness_label" />
                            </FrameLayout>
                        </LinearLayout>
                        <View android:background="#ff000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="1.0dip" />
                    </LinearLayout>
                    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/noNotificationsTitle" android:focusable="true" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                        <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_text_size" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="@color/notification_category_color" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/noNotificationsText" android:paddingLeft="11.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_height" android:text="@string/status_bar_no_notifications_title" />
                    </LinearLayout>
                    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/onGoingCart" android:background="#ff000000" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_height">
                        <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_text_size" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="@color/notification_category_color" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/onGoingNotificationText" android:paddingLeft="11.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/status_bar_ongoing_events_title" />
                    </LinearLayout>
                    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout android:id="@id/onGoingItems" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" systemui:rowHeight="@dimen/tw_notification_row_min_height" />
                    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/notificationCart" android:background="#ff000000" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_height">
                        <RelativeLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                            <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_category_text_size" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="@color/notification_category_color" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/latestNotificationText" android:paddingLeft="11.0dip" android:layout_width="180.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/status_bar_latest_events_title" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
                            <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_notification_clear_button_text_size" android:textColor="@color/tw_status_bar_clear_btn_text" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clear_all_button" android:background="@drawable/tw_btn_default_small" android:padding="0.100000024dip" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_expanded_clear_button_width" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip" android:text="@string/status_bar_clear_all_button" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" android:contentDescription="@string/accessibility_clear_all" />
                        </RelativeLayout>
                    </LinearLayout>
                    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout android:id="@id/notificationItems" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" systemui:rowHeight="@dimen/tw_notification_row_min_height" />
                    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout android:id="@id/latestItems" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" systemui:rowHeight="@dimen/tw_notification_row_min_height" />
                </LinearLayout>
            </ScrollView>
        </FrameLayout>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/tw_close_handle_height">
            <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/tw_close_handle_height" android:src="@drawable/tw_status_bar_close" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/carrier_label" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="0.0dip" />
            </RelativeLayout>
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
    </FrameLayout>
    Am having trouble locating the text color right under the toggles, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance :)
    tw_quick_setting_button.xml in SystemUI.apk as TextView.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Im looking for where to change a couple of text colors. Can anybody help with these please. The first one is in the Settings down below.
    Please excuse the sloppy arrows and circles.

Settings
    kUMiB.png

And second, I see it has already been asked about, but it's driving me crazy.

Notification Pulldown

QvHbl.png

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me with these.
    since i'm no longer working on Settings.apk, i don't have one decompiled in front of me. your Settings text is made of up a headers .xml (settings_headers.xml?). iirc, the text colors/size are called in by res\values\styles.xml. i would check the settings headers to verify this and find which style it's specifically asking for.

in regards to notification color, because there is no text style being called in, i believe this is part of the policy in SystemUI, esp since it has Layout in the name - com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout