"You are not running this script as root" "
"No super user for you"
these happened when run the script.
why?
my phone is rooted
busybox is available
and grant super user
any idea?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

"can't create a temporary folder"
"You are not running this script as root" "
"No super user for you"
these happened when run the script.
why?
my phone is rooted
busybox is available
and grant super user
any idea?

You need to run script as a root user, click at skull like icon before running the script and you need init.d support, look for it on play store. Also you need to run script manager as root.

Reactions: bezaleel

bezaleel

Jun 28, 2013
Thank you.. btw how do i know if the script run or not? Any tools or somethin like that?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
Hey guys, ive got a mate who owns the gt 18160L (in new zealand), i wanna chuck JB on it for them, im just concered with the bringing a thailand firmware to a new zealand phone. Will data/ SMS etc work fine?

I havnt played with flashing samsung devices, so odin is a bit new to me. If after flashing JB we have issues and need to go back to GB, can we do that using odin without much trouble?

Cheers guys

ramanmono

Feb 13, 2013
I8160LDCME1 Rom on any L version

hello have a firmware ace 2 i8160lubll1 trinidad tobago, I put the rom JB Thailand newly launched?

Yes u can flash it on your ace 2. I too had a ubll1 TTT, ace 2. The DCME1 firmware available works fine and is unbranded too.
Just flash it with one of the latest odin (u can find it anywhere here on xda) as pda and don't change any settings.
You won't lose any of your installed apps and you'll go from 550MB to 624MB total Ram
The first boot after flash will take quite some time.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Hey guys, ive got a mate who owns the gt 18160L (in new zealand), i wanna chuck JB on it for them, im just concered with the bringing a thailand firmware to a new zealand phone. Will data/ SMS etc work fine?

I havnt played with flashing samsung devices, so odin is a bit new to me. If after flashing JB we have issues and need to go back to GB, can we do that using odin without much trouble?

Cheers guys

I have successfully flashed it on a trinidad & tabago version and you should have no trouble flashing it to your New Zealand version.
Regarding going back to GB (you won't have to) it can cause some trouble because this firmware like some or all of the other jelly bean firmwares of the ace 2 change something to the Ram. So with this firmware if you flash from GB (obvious, we don't have any other JB Rom), you'll go from 550MB to 624MB. Even the devs don't know exactly how the Ram is being changed.
Going back to GB might be successful, but you might end up with less then the original 550MB Ram.

Reactions: JoinTheRealms

zahirovic.safet

May 27, 2013
NEW FIRMWARE!!!!

Model: GT-I8160

Version: Android 4.1.2

Changelist: 1106830

Build date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:19:26 +0000

Product Code: O2I

PDA: I8160XXMF1

CSC: I8160O2IMF1

MODEM: I8160XXMF1

Probably branded, but I will test it and report about RAM and Performance.

Download link on first post.

Changelog and build date are exactly the same with Germany MF1 build, so I don't expect to be different from Germany MF1 firmware.

Last edited:

zahirovic.safet

May 27, 2013
Installed latest Ireland realease and it's the same MF1 like German, but only loaded with bloatware!!! It has 428 mb RAM and same performance so I wouldn't bother installing it.

Reactions: hinxnz

shine911

Apr 6, 2013
Soc Trang City
flash from gb to jb ME7 without Repartition to have best performance(I see some people say this but i don't know it right or wrong)

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009

Cheers guys

Hi I'm from NZ too :) telecom phone but with vodafone sim. How did it go? All fine with networks etc? Thanks, haven't got round to flashing mine yet..

Sent from my HTC Sensation

WORF84

Oct 7, 2012
GT-I8160 EUR I8160XXMB4

Does it include many other CSC codes?

I need NEE (nordic countries)

Can this one be flashed with Odin?
I ask because it says updates...

Eselter

Nov 10, 2010
Warsaw
XXMF1 have NEE and many others (CMF, COA, CRO, CYO, CYV, DBT, EUR, MET, MSR, NEE, ORS, PHE, SEB, SIM, TEB, TPH, TSR, VVT, XEH, XEO, XSK) ;)

Reactions: Dapollez

WORF84

Oct 7, 2012
XXMF1 have NEE and many others (CMF, COA, CRO, CYO, CYV, DBT, EUR, MET, MSR, NEE, ORS, PHE, SEB, SIM, TEB, TPH, TSR, VVT, XEH, XEO, XSK) ;)

Okay thanks.
I'll flash that one since it it came with DBT and change CSC later.

"Samsung-Updates.com-GT-I8160-EUR-I8160XXMB4-1361267890"
But I'm curious what's this updates, updating from GingerBread?

"GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit.md5" located in Samsung-Updates.com-GT-I8160-EUR-I8160XXMB4-1361267890\CODE_I8160XXMB4.tar
Is this the backup pit or is it pit for something else?

Last edited:

luigisvc

Sep 2, 2012
Praia Grande
I have installed this in my I8160L today, but I feel my phone lagging too much...mainly when I am on the settings...

I want to root it, is there a root method for this version of phone?

zahirovic.safet

May 27, 2013
Two new firmwares uploading on sammobile. I'll add them to the first page as soon as they are available. It's for LUX and EPL regions.

Edit:

New firmwares added to the first page, Germany (E-Plus) and Luxembourg firmwares. Both MF1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts