bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
OP has been updated

Change:

1. Method 1 has been revised completely
2. Original Method 1 is now Method 2
3. Added Troubleshooting methods
4. Added pictures of what Xposed settings should look like
5. Provided Links for NFC Libs, Google Wallet Xposed Module and option APK, but with method 1 you can download directly from Market

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
Sorry you are having so much trouble....I added a Troubleshooting section to the OP...

Restore your 4.1.1 and reset Google Wallet, once you do that, then retry the process all over. It sounds like a pain in the ass, but refer to the troubleshooting section Post #2 to see if any one the following is happening to you

Tried that...still no luck I still get the setup failed please check connection. ..

Sent from my SGH-L900 using xda premium

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Tried that...still no luck I still get the setup failed please check connection. ..

Sent from my SGH-L900 using xda premium

And you used the galaxy Nexus build.prop as well as flashed the correct libs. Try downloading titanium back up and clearing the app data and cache. It's imperative to only use the galaxy Nexus build.prop and try to use the 4G network to complete set up. It should work man its working for the majority

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
And you used the galaxy Nexus build.prop as well as flashed the correct libs. Try downloading titanium back up and clearing the app data and cache. It's imperative to only use the galaxy Nexus build.prop and try to use the 4G network to complete set up. It should work man its working for the majority

I dunno I guess re-re is me....I cleared data with tb amd application manager still same outcome I am using the nexus build prop edit amd have thw libs you have posted in the OP all while on the mobile data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I dunno I guess re-re is me....I cleared data with tb amd application manager still same outcome I am using the nexus build prop edit amd have thw libs you have posted in the OP all while on the mobile data

Nah man your good, you mind posting a screen shot of the error you are getting?

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373146680101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373146680101.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 244

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373146894695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373146894695.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 239

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008

What version apk is that, did you restore that apk. I am running the latest release from the market. If galaxy Nexus build.prop is not working try sprint I was having that same exact problem using the sprint build.prop until I switched to the galaxy Nexus. I could not even reset wallet cause it would freeze until I did the galaxy Nexus build.prop.... But people have had different results.... Have you tried using the sprint build.prop...... Do not restore a backed up Google Wallet. After you have xposed fully up with the module running and build.prop, download wallet from the market and set up completely before switching to the original build.prop

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
What version apk is that, did you restore that apk. I am running the latest release from the market. If galaxy Nexus build.prop is not working try sprint I was having that same exact problem using the sprint build.prop until I switched to the galaxy Nexus. I could not even reset wallet cause it would freeze until I did the galaxy Nexus build.prop.... But people have had different results.... Have you tried using the sprint build.prop...... Do not restore a backed up Google Wallet. After you have xposed fully up with the module running and build.prop, download wallet from the market and set up completely before switching to the original build.prop

I have tried both build prop and they did not work...I will look at my xsposed maybe I am missing something

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I have tried both build prop and they did not work...I will look at my xsposed maybe I am missing something

Go into xposed settings and hit install, xposed is not fully functional until you do that

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
Go into xposed settings and hit install, xposed is not fully functional until you do that

Did that still no go...and just seen my sig says galaxy Nexus so that should mean my build prop is correct

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373210462628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373210462628.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 217
  • uploadfromtaptalk1373210474427.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373210474427.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 216

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I am sorry man I know you been plugging away at this to. I don't get it, you look to be doing everything right, why it is giving you such a problem I don't know... Maybe a fresh install and wiping of internal and external memory. Wonder if something is lingering on there. What ROM are you running?

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
I am sorry man I know you been plugging away at this to. I don't get it, you look to be doing everything right, why it is giving you such a problem I don't know... Maybe a fresh install and wiping of internal and external memory. Wonder if something is lingering on there. What ROM are you running?

I am running tweaked 2.3

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I am running tweaked 2.3

You ever entertain the idea of flashing Jedi Master or another ROM...backing up your current set up so you dont lose anything and restoring your current set up that you have and just doing a restore. I am curious if you can get it to install on a different ROM or if you run into the same issue again

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
You ever entertain the idea of flashing Jedi Master or another ROM...backing up your current set up so you dont lose anything and restoring your current set up that you have and just doing a restore. I am curious if you can get it to install on a different ROM or if you run into the same issue again

I would be curious of that as well - I can't think of anything I did in Tweaked to break any sort of functionality w/ wallet (nor can I think of a way to break it w/out other things being broken), but you can never rule out the possibility. I should try to set up some wallet stuff myself perhaps...

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
I would be curious of that as well - I can't think of anything I did in Tweaked to break any sort of functionality w/ wallet (nor can I think of a way to break it w/out other things being broken), but you can never rule out the possibility. I should try to set up some wallet stuff myself perhaps...

Please give it a try if you have time I am not sure why it would not work just trying to isolate it to the device. Please post if it works for you

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
Please give it a try if you have time I am not sure why it would not work just trying to isolate it to the device. Please post if it works for you

Looks like all is well - also, after looking through the instructions I thought I would simplify things a wee bit... made a few flashables that did much of the heavy lifting for me. I used method 2, and DLed the nfc flashable zip and the googlewallet apk you linked. From those I made three zips - 1 to install things, 1 to finish install if it worked, and 1 to undo everything if for whatever reason it didn't work.

The first installer zip does the following:
- Makes a backup of the 4 lib files and the 1 /system/etc xml file, and of the current build.prop
- Installs the lib/etc files and sets permissions and what not
- Edits build.prop w/ nexus info posted in your OP (permission sets this as well, though likely not needed)
- Copies over linked google wallet apk (renamed GoogleWallet.apk for clarity on my part) and sets permissions
- Wipes dalvik-cache

The finisher zip just replaces the edited build.prop with the one that was backed up by the first zip

The undo zip just replaces everything that was backed up and deletes the googlewallet apk, sets permissions, and wipes dalvik-cache

I copied your steps and edited them below to show what I did

1. Make sure you don't have the wallet apk installed and if you do, wipe the data and cache of the app, then uninstall or if you have it in the system, delete it.
----- I never had it installed on the note II (did on my gnex though) so this part was easy
2. Make sure you turn off "auto-update" in the play store for the wallet app.
----- I tend to not have anything auto-update, so easy again
3. Instead of what you had here, I flashed the installer zip I put together
----- This combined steps 3-11
12. Open the wallet app and start the setup. it might take some time, so be a bit patient. (MAKE SURE NFC IS ENABLED)
----- Yep, made sure NFC was enabled, turned off wifi, opened it, and it took some time
13. Once the "setting up wallet for purchases" is set up (you should see the credit card you have on file).
DO NOT REBOOT UNTIL WALLET IS COMPLETELY SET UP AND READY FOR USE
----- Yep
14. Reboot again, just so you can test
----- Sure did
15. go back to wallet to see if everything is working well.
----- It worked
16. Here I just flashed the finisher zip
----- replaced my edited build.prop w/ the original
17. Reboot one last time to make sure everything worked.
----- Sure did, and it did

So it seemed to work - and OP let me know if you want those zips to simplify things, totally your call.

Last edited:

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
Looks like all is well - also, after looking through the instructions I thought I would simplify things a wee bit... made a few flashables that did much of the heavy lifting for me. I used method 2, and DLed the nfc flashable zip and the googlewallet apk you linked. From those I made three zips - 1 to install things, 1 to finish install if it worked, and 1 to undo everything if for whatever reason it didn't work.

- Makes a backup of the 4 lib files and the 1 /system/etc xml file, and of the current build.prop
- Edits build.prop w/ nexus info posted in your OP (permission sets this as well, though likely not needed)
- Copies over linked google wallet apk (renamed GoogleWallet.apk for clarity on my part) and sets permissions
- Wipes dalvik-cache

The finisher zip just replaces the edited build.prop with the one that was backed up by the first zip

The undo zip just replaces everything that was backed up and deletes the googlewallet apk, sets permissions, and wipes dalvik-cache

1. Make sure you don't have the wallet apk installed and if you do, wipe the data and cache of the app, then uninstall or if you have it in the system, delete it.
----- I never had it installed on the note II (did on my gnex though) so this part was easy
12. Open the wallet app and start the setup. it might take some time, so be a bit patient. (MAKE SURE NFC IS ENABLED)
----- Yep, made sure NFC was enabled, turned off wifi, opened it, and it took some time
13. Once the "setting up wallet for purchases" is set up (you should see the credit card you have on file).
----- Yep
----- Sure did
----- It worked

So it seemed to work - and OP let me know if you want those zips to simplify things, totally your call.

Sure Man I could def add it to the OP and put your name down for credit....send me the zip and I will update it.....Thanks

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
I will try to flash a different rom just to see if I cam get it to work....but will prob try dwitherell zip's first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a few methods and links That have worked for Google Wallet. I would like to post them methods and information. None of this is my work at all. I do not take Credit for any of it.

google-wallet_zps1f161dd1.jpg

IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS - PLEASE READ

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! ALWAYS! RESET GOOGLE WALLET BEFORE YOU FLASH A NEW ROM OR YOU COULD LOSE IT FOREVER

BEWARE - BEFORE YOU BEGIN - 1st Picture provided by fireishott - 2nd Picture by firstflyer

uploadfromtaptalk1373510998501_zps82053453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373515075144_zps3269ff10.jpg

After seeing people struggle and research, this appears to still block Google Wallet from completely setting up and initializing. The regular SIM cards do not do it, but the ISIS or NFC appears to be doing the damage. I am not sure if it is possible to switch to a non NFC SIM, but you are more than likely OUT OF LUCK with this SIM Card...Remember this does not guarantee success, but if you hit a wall and just can't get any luck it is a last ditch effort and probable cause to your issues

Refer to Troubleshooting Step 4 in post #2 to possibly solve the issue

LATEST GOOGLE WALLET VERSION - TouchWiz 4.3 and AOSP - Tap and Pay GW v2.0 R151-v8 - Thanks loserskater - Thread Found Here!

IMPORTANT - BEFORE YOU GET STARTED REMOVE ANY TRACES OF WALLET ALSO ENSURING YOU RESET WALLET FROM THE DEVICE BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT.

1. Download The Following Zips

TouchWiz 4.3 - NFC Lib Fix and Patched Wallet
    AOSP - Go Here for Patched Wallet - Thanks loserskater

2. Reboot into Recovery
    3. Flash Appropriate Zip for your ROM Base (Always Wipe Cache and Dalvick before flashing any zip)

5. Reboot
    4. Open Google Wallet and Set up Tap and Pay until 100% Completion with all Cards added ready to purchase
    5. Once Google Wallet says Tap and Pay is Ready For Use You are Good
    6. Enjoy Working Wallet

Reference these build.props

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju

T-Mobile Note II

ro.product.model=SGH-T889
    ro.product.name=t0ltetmo
    ro.product.device=t0ltetmo

513e9cc0-1246-4f3d-ab73-f3b2eafdc0ed_zps5a095a6c.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-22-20-42-37_zpse2fcaa34.png

Give Thanks To:

loserskater - for libfix and patched Wallet
    WarlockLord - Original Wallet Thread
    crazy talk
    safeplayer22
    siraltus
    YourCancer01
    dwitherell - For Flashable Zips and now Preferred Method 1, patching latest Wallet R96v16 In Addition
    tomskag - Testing MoDaCo - Confirmed Success
    PaulOBrien - MoDaCo Toolkit and Patched MoDaco Wallet Modules
    fireishott - All The feedback with troubleshooting
    ihavenewnike - Mentioned Jrummy's build prop editor
    silvertag - I wanted to put resetting Wallet Online in the OP already, however, he made mention so I give credit to him
    vt0r - Providing thread for AOSP Install
    open1your1eyes0 - Providing instructions for AOSP Install

If you were left out its not by intention just PM Me
    Troubleshooting

TROUBLESHOOTING​

1) Insufficient Secure Element Privileges for system image (release-keys).

If you've been trying to run Google Wallet on your USA variant Note II you've probably ran into some problems. like this one..

"Insufficient secure element privileges for this system image (release-keys)."

why is this happening? check HERE for more detail.

But for the sake of keeping everything together in this thread..

2) Google Wallet controller applet version says "not present"

1. Open Google Wallet
    2. Hot Menu Soft Key
    3. Find About

It should not say Not Present

Screenshot_2013-07-03-10-52-09_zpsebef241d.png

If It says "Not Present"

You need to do a nand restore of the ROM you had Google Wallet running on and hit reset Google Wallet. Then You can restore or flash a new ROM and restart the process. If you Do not have a Nand Backup where Google Wallet was working, you may never be able to use Wallet again

3) Device Not Ready. Wallet is unable to proceed until this device is fully initialized. Make sure the device has network access and try rebooting if the problem persists.

I have just gone through the whole set up process trying to use the Galaxy Sprint Note II build.prop and the above error message occurred. I could not even reset Google Wallet on my phone unless I changed my build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus which is the one in this OP. If you are having issues, Only use the Galaxy Nexus build.prop if you are not already doing that

Step 1. Change your build.prop to the settings in Method 1 and 2. (Do not reboot after you finished)

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

Step 2. Download Titanium Backup
    Step 3. Use Titanium Backup to wipe Google Wallet App Data and Cache or the built in Application Manager
    Step 4. Reboot to Recovery
    Step 5. Wipe Cache / Dalvick Cache 3x
    Step 6. Reboot
    Step 7. Set Up Google Wallet until 100% completion with card added
    Step 8. Revert to original build.prop

T-Mobile Note II

ro.product.name=t0ltetmo

Step 9. Reboot

Should be Good to Go. I just completed the whole process

FIX: DO NOT USE ANY OTHER BUILD.PROP CONFIGS. ONLY USE WHAT IS IN THIS OP.

4) "Device Setup Failed"

Once your stuck at 'Device setup failed' you need to reset your wallet from the web. Then change your build.prop to Nexus. Reboot, retry wallet and it should register correctly, after that you can change back your build.prop.

1. Go to Google Wallet Online
    2. Log in with your login info
    3. Click Devices on the left hand side
    4. Click Disable Wallet App
    5. change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

6. Reboot Phone and Try to Set up Wallet Again
    7. If all Goes Well meaning Wallet is set up 100% and ready for use, you can return to the Stock build.prop
    8. Revert to Stock.prop

T-Mobile II

ro.product.name=t0ltetmo

9. Reboot Phone after you change back to stock build.prop
    10. Enjoy

5) Wallet Freezes During Reset

Wallet Will freeze 9 times out of 10 if you try to perform the reset with your stock build.prop. If this happens then you need to change your build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

1. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    2. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

3. Reboot Phone
    4. Reset Google Wallet
    5. Once Google Wallet Resets you can flash another ROM or continue whatever Troubleshooting you were doing

6) Tap and Play Is Missing

If You Have Wallet Working Already and upgrade from the Market which you can do without any build.prop modification, Tap and PLay will disappear. Before updating you need to change to the Galaxy Nexus build.prop, reboot the phone then update form the Market and you should have no issues

1. Go into Apllication Manager, Scroll to Google Wallet and Wipe Data and Cache for the App
    2. Use jrummy build.prop editor or whatever your used to using to change your build.prop
    3. Change the build.prop to the Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus

ro.product.device=maguro
    ro.product.name=yakju

4. Reboot Phone
    5. Open Wallet and Set up Tap and Play until 100% Complete and you get notification that Tap and Play is ready for use!!
    6. Once Step 5 is complete, you can go back to your stock build.prop

AT&T Note II

ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    product.device= t0lteatt

7. Reboot Phone
    8. Enjoy Working Wallet

7) NFC Error 11 Fix - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

1. Go Here
    2. Disable Any devices associated to your Google Account
    3. Go into TWRP
    4. Nandroid Backup Your current Setup
    5. Click Wipe

- Slide to Factory Reset 3x
    - Click Advanced Wipe
    - Wipe Dalvick Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache 3x

This will clear any Wallet pieces that could be lingering

4. Install Whatever ROM you like
    5. Try to install again

Confirmation Post - "nfcpaymentsetupfailure: 11"

Yeah if you already had it working all you have to do before you update is go into application manager and reset app data and clear app cached, change the build.prop to the sprint note 2 and reboot. Upon reboot update app from play store and set up tap and play. It will tell you tap and pay is ready for use and then you can go back to the original build.prop. It's working great

Sent from my "Note S4" on the best dual 4G network with best prices (T-Mobile)

LOL - figures that such an easy workaround would exist... ah well. At least for those that haven't had it set up already there is now an actually-only-one-zip install option...

/me tries to justify lost hours spent tinkering on the new apk...
    No - not at the moment... might have something for folks here soon enough though :)

- Wipes dalvik-cache

----- Yep
    ----- Sure did
    ----- It worked