GPS problems

Search This thread

adonker

May 7, 2005
Netherlands
Hi all (excuse me for my bad english)

I know that many people have GPS problems with the Raphael. So do i. After having read many thread's I havn't got the sollution yet.

2 months ago I flashed my MDA Vario IV back to the original T-Mobile Rom. This action was not succesful because this ROM was very slow and anoying. The only nice thing was that TomTom did work after waiting some 2 a 4 minutes to get a Fix.

Now I flashed the Raphael back to EnergyROM Warhawk, August 11th 2009 WWE, and i must say that the performance is great! A very nice rom, stable and fast. Except for GPS fix. No navigation possible. Not with Google Maps, TomTom, and even the HTX GPS tooling (I can see 6 to 7 sattelites, but no fix possible).

Before I'm going to spend many and many of hours reading threads (again) about GPS problems, can someone tell me what to do to fix the GPS fix problem? Is it the Radio Rom? and so, whitch Radio Rom do I need to use for Use in europe (Netherlands). Do I need to go back to the T-Mobile shop and let them fix it? Are there other sollutions to fix the problem?

(PS: 1,5 year ago when I bought the Raphael the first 2 or 3 times there were no GPS problems at all, after using it for ssveral times the problem occured)

I Hope someone can help me, Please advice...

Best regards,

A. Donker
Netherlands

adonker

May 7, 2005
Netherlands
a small comment:

Previously I used the Universal for 2 years, and the MDA2 and 3 for 2 years with a external GPS device connected by bluetooth. No problems at al,.. got a fix in about 10 sec. seems like the internal GPS from Raphael is F#$$@?

regards..

A.

Hi all (excuse me for my bad english)

I know that many people have GPS problems with the Raphael. So do i. After having read many thread's I havn't got the sollution yet.

2 months ago I flashed my MDA Vario IV back to the original T-Mobile Rom. This action was not succesful because this ROM was very slow and anoying. The only nice thing was that TomTom did work after waiting some 2 a 4 minutes to get a Fix.

Now I flashed the Raphael back to EnergyROM Warhawk, August 11th 2009 WWE, and i must say that the performance is great! A very nice rom, stable and fast. Except for GPS fix. No navigation possible. Not with Google Maps, TomTom, and even the HTX GPS tooling (I can see 6 to 7 sattelites, but no fix possible).

Before I'm going to spend many and many of hours reading threads (again) about GPS problems, can someone tell me what to do to fix the GPS fix problem? Is it the Radio Rom? and so, whitch Radio Rom do I need to use for Use in europe (Netherlands). Do I need to go back to the T-Mobile shop and let them fix it? Are there other sollutions to fix the problem?

(PS: 1,5 year ago when I bought the Raphael the first 2 or 3 times there were no GPS problems at all, after using it for ssveral times the problem occured)

I Hope someone can help me, Please advice...

Best regards,

A. Donker
Netherlands

Hello A. Donker!

Have you downloaded Quickgps data?

I suggest that you also flash a different radio (i use 1.14.25.05, this is the suggested radio for this ROM) as the RILPHONE.DLL has been changed in this ROM.

I use ENERGY ROM "Aurora" Aug 1st version with the radio above and GPS functions very well.

Another suggestion for a very quick GPS lock is the program GPSTODAY.
It's very fast at getting a gpslock (i think this prog plays very well with quickgps data, but that's speculation.) There is a today plugin (that i use, fix set to manual) and a standalone version.
What i do is first use GPSTODAY to get a very fast fix (few seconds) then run TomTom. Works very well for me.

Sometimes GPS stops working for some reason and after soft reset it works again.

Hope this also works for you!