[Q] Build Number JRO03C.I605VRALI3

Search This thread

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
I bought my Galaxy Note II off Swappa and am trying to root, ROM, etc. I can't do anything because I can not find my build number ANYWHERE else on XDA.

Build Number JRO03C.I605VRALI3

Has anybody seen this?

Adam's CASUAL does not work for me, and I don't want to try anything else that may brick my shiny new phone.

Thanks!

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
I feel like that's most likely not Verizon bro. I could be wrong but I think its another carrier's phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
As far as I know that build number was for a pre-release build for VZW.
Does the home button on your phone say Verizon on it? And what date does it say for the kernel?

Reactions: greekchampion04

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
Does the home button on your phone say Verizon on it? And what date does it say for the kernel?

The home button does have the Verizon logo.

The date is the same for my Kernel as shown in the screenshot. Everything on my phone matches that screenshot.

Thanks!

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
triple post!

Also, this comes up when I try to enter recovery (power + volume up + home button)

996787_10200268275060552_1681327570_n.jpg

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
i can not, for the life of me get this thing off of the damn software it is on.

Odin hangs on either "Get PIT for mapping" or "Setup Connection" if I do not try to use the PIT file. I have tried it on 3 different laptops, in Windows 7 and in Windows XP.

CASUAL does not work either.

I am at a loss.... anybody have a suggestion?

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
Try grabbing a new a baseband via a radio zip perhaps?

I thought if you hit that screen you have a hardware problem.

Last edited:

greekchampion04

Apr 6, 2011
this is the weird part... that screen only comes up when i try to enter recovery mode. the phone functions pretty much without flaw when booted normally, but I am stuck on whatever software was flashed to it. Odin wont flash anything.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
And you're trying the right version of casual? You're on old firmware so you should be using casual for VRALI3.

EDIT: If casual even goes back that far, I've only had this phone for a couple months but I think Adam started doing casual in January, and this firmware was updated to VRALL4 in december pretty sure. So you either have to figure out how to root VRALI3 or update your firmware, then maybe casual will work for you.

Last edited:

Luminair

Mar 10, 2011
Hi all,

This was my phone previously which I sold to greekchampion04 via Swappa. I was previously running PA 3.5 on it on Verizon with no issues. Here's the steps that I took to reflash it to stock before I sent it off from memory:

• Downloaded Galaxy Note 2 toolkit from here
    Opened it, selected Verizon model SCH-I605 (option 121)
    Selected option 8 - Download, Extract + Flash Stock Rom via Odin 3.07
    Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    Install stock ROM
    ReFlash stock recovery via Odin

I then successfully noted the phone had booted into stock Touchwiz, checked that it made it through the Welcome intro, boxed it and mailed it off.

greekchampion04 has been VERY patient and receptive to helping this get resolved, and I want to do anything in my power that I can to help. If there's any information I can provide, I'm happy to do so!

Luminair

Mar 10, 2011
Question, does that strange Power Reset menu only come up when booting into Recovery, or when booting into Download Mode as well? To me, if it's doing it in only Recovery, that the current recovery is corrupt and needs to be reflashed (duh either way). Have you been trying Odin on that Power Reset screen, or when in Download mode (if it exists), Download Mode being Power Key + Vol Down + Home button. Recovery mode of course being Volume Up + Power + Home (held until Recovery mode comes up).

If so, what does Odin do during both of those respective modes? I'd guess no connection at all during the recovery weirdness, and the freezing during the PIT attempts when in Download mode. Perhaps try using the Galaxy Note 2 toolkit? I'm not sure what value that might have, but it is "automated" to an extent.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This was my phone previously which I sold to greekchampion04 via Swappa. I was previously running PA 3.5 on it on Verizon with no issues. Here's the steps that I took to reflash it to stock before I sent it off from memory:

• Downloaded Galaxy Note 2 toolkit from here
      Opened it, selected Verizon model SCH-I605 (option 121)
      Selected option 8 - Download, Extract + Flash Stock Rom via Odin 3.07
      Wipe Data/Factory Reset
      Install stock ROM
      ReFlash stock recovery via Odin

I then successfully noted the phone had booted into stock Touchwiz, checked that it made it through the Welcome intro, boxed it and mailed it off.

greekchampion04 has been VERY patient and receptive to helping this get resolved, and I want to do anything in my power that I can to help. If there's any information I can provide, I'm happy to do so!
    Im not sure where folks are getting his I3 firmware but back in the early days of this devices release it was causing issues. Who ever flashed your device back to stock before selling it to you made a huge mistake. VRALJB firmware linked in my guide is the only thing that should be used for flashing back to stock. And no you cant flash CWM until you are unlocked...the guide stickied at the top of this section explains this.