Content Removed at OP Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samsungleak

Sep 23, 2010
Just one question guys!

I flaseheh the version without bootloaders.. i dont mind the boot screen crash, just i been trying to enter recovery, and i am stuck on samsung screen,,, doesent go to the recovery. Download works normally. What should i do to fix this?

Valeo

Sep 4, 2010
London
Samfirmware are saying it is a beta and the proof on the service center thing is very sketchy the firmware might the proof is one screen shot ummmm we normaly get two or three beta versions before a stable one i also believe they use the service centers to test it, and this time there looking on here but to see what is being put there has not been a review just talk about hacking it, not much good if we want Samsung to take not of any problems even on the Vodafone forum we have a review

A little something Samfirmware aren't telling you... is that the JVK images they have and the ones on here came from the same source. And guess what, XDA had them first. ;)

What does that tell you? Hopefully that Samfirmware are amateurish and shouldn't be relied on as 100% authoriative of all things Galaxy S.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
A little something Samfirmware aren't telling you... is that the JVK images they have and the ones on here came from the same source. And guess what, XDA had them first. ;)

What does that tell you? Hopefully that Samfirmware are amateurish and shouldn't be relied on as 100% authoriative of all things Galaxy S.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12413085&postcount=447

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12413502&postcount=463

Thanks to iammodo and another member, this is how we do it at XDA :D

doccrow

Aug 17, 2010
new delhi
I want to make a few things clear for some members that have been asking about bootloaders and how to flash them.

* Don't try to flash bootloaders alone, the chances for you end up having a dead phone is high, it's 70/30 not 50/50 so beware, and I'm not going to tell you how to do it so don't ask.

* If you want to update the bootloaders then flash a whole firmware with bootloaders included, I have repackaged those to make sure that the flash of bootloaders only happens if there is a good connection between your phone and your PC, 2 files are being flashed before flashing the bootloaders, if there is a bad connection then it will stop before touching boot-sectors on the ROM, and so far there have been 0 bricks.

* Don't check 'Phone Bootloader Update' on Odin, you don't need it, flash like you are used to, no changes are needed.
well i flashed wid phone bootloader update checked. thankfully everything went on fine. i ve the download mode recovery mode working. now only screen off animation to work around. root was successful using the method u explained. thanks for that.

buntoo

Oct 20, 2010
Gujranwala
Avoid use of Root Explorer for Screen-off Animation

Tried to get the Screen-Off animation, phone went in a bootloop... :( I used Root Explorer and after applying the framework-res.apk it auto-rebooted and went in bootloop.

Any hints?

same here. had to reflash jvk. i'm not messing with anything now.

You had to reflash coz you didn't follow the instructions given by Daneshm90 and did it wrong.
Note:You can't use root explorer to replace the firmware-res.apk as it is being used. If you'll try, it will start boot looping.
Use the instructions below and everything will work fine.
Instructions by Daneshm90

Northern.dj

Nov 14, 2010
Ever thought some one wanted them to be first with a beta test yes it may be good but it has allot of faults.
plus one thing samfirmware has that xda does not and that is a full list of firmware in one spot i go there for stock roms and here for custom roms
Oh i found this screen shot
medium.jpg

spot the difference
medium1.jpg

Oh and before you all go nuts its fack
there is no 2.3.5

T

Tehpriest

As I said earlier to me it only becomes the official rollout is when it hits Kies. But that is just me.

To save all the arguing and wasted posts lets just agree that if it hits Kies as JVK then those who said it was Beta will bow their heads and admit they were wrong. If it hits Kies as anything else, JVL, JVM etc. Then the ones who said it is final bow their heads in shame and apologise.

For the moment lets get on with seeing if there are problems or not (and not the ones caused by people not reading and flashing the bootloader free version). saying they got it wrong.

Jekkaman

Mar 12, 2010
Is this really official?
If not you should change the topic name or at least specify in the first topic if its beta or final.

[Ramad]

Sep 18, 2010
Haha....I like your definition best.

Keeps everyone happy.

Its the best we have and plenty good enough for daily use and beats Froyo hands down...lets be thankful and look forward to further devleopment .....both "official and "non-official"

We don\t need to argue if it is a beta or official, the bottom line that it's a good firmware...I don't mind the names. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Admin Edit: The Original Poster has requested the content of this thread be removed.

This initial post has been deleted, but the thread has been undeleted due to there being numerous links to this thread elsewhere.

The thread will be closed, but not deleted in order that those following links are not mystified by receiving an "invalid link" notification.
    Here is how to root:

* Download CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1 kernel from here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9920908&postcount=3 (Remember to thank Chainfire for his excellent work!)
    * Extract and flash the extracted tar file as PDA with no pit and no re-partition.

* Download the original kernel from here: http://www.multiupload.com/Q04A1TB713
    * Extract and flash the extracted tar file as PDA with no pit and no re-partition.

* Done!

If you need to install Busybox then download it from Market....Good luck to all of you. :)
    Here are my instructions from last time....they still apply

Sure here are the steps :

1. Download my modified framework-res.apk
    Code:
    adb push framework-res.apk /data/local/tmp
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system
    stop
    rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    cp /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
    rm /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk
    reboot
    3. Go in display -> turn on either "some" or "all" animations
    4. Enjoy
    Here you go, screenoff animation enabled.

Let me know if it works, cuz im in the process of flashing this firmware :)

Link

Instructions same as my previous ones, just remount push and reboot.

lol

5 Minutes too late. :eek:

But anyway, it's tested on my device...