External Storage

Search This thread

mygti02

Jan 28, 2009
Oswego, IL
Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!

Herman76

May 19, 2010
Trondheim
Hi Guys,

I have a stock but rooted Nexus 10 and im trying to figure out how to my connected external drive to work on my Nexus 10. I have the proper cable to plugin any USB device, the light turns on for my external drive but i don't see it anywhere in Root explorer. Could someone tell me if its hidden somewhere or if its possible to even do this? Thanks!

You need to Mount the drive for it to show up. There are some apps on the market that does that, can't think of any names now though.

Beamed from my CM10.1 Galaxy Nexus

thepce

Jun 29, 2012
Manitoba
Get stickmount from the playstore.

sent from my Droid DNA

Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?

Lenster45

Oct 2, 2010
Naples
Yes, get Stickmount. It is a free DL off the playstore too. However, you will need to root your N10 for stickmount to work.

Also i can get my N10 to read/mount my 16GB flash stick with Stickmount, no problems. But, When i try to mount my Western Digital My Passport 2TB external, Stickmount mounts the drive, but when i go into the folder stickmount mounts to, the folder is always empty.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this because the WD My Passport 2tb drive is not compatible?

I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
I'm not sure if the passport comes with a power cord. If not I don't think the Nexus can power it. You may need external power.

I have a WD My Passport 1tb drive and the Nexus 10 will power it as long as it is above a certain battery threshold it seems. For me it was under 50% battery or so that it stopped being able to power up my drive. It's quite a bummer :(