[4.3][grouper & tilapia] STOCK ROOTED 4.3 (JWR66V) [Flashable Zip]

Search This thread

Androguide.fr

Account currently disabled
Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
it says SU is not installed after applying both zip files.
Install terminal emulator from the playstore, open it and type su, it should work properly.
At least it works on mine after merging the patch.

Screenshot_2013-07-25-00-33-07.png

Mononon

May 30, 2012
I didn't see anyone mention it, but I updated my bootloader with N7 Toolkit and it worked fine, if anyone happened to be wondering.

Thanks for the flashable btw. Really appreciate it.

dude2k5

Jul 9, 2010
www.futurenology.com
The patch file works on stock android (at least the 3g version). Was able to apply it to my stock rom. I tried the root toolkit, but had SU problems, but the patch file fixed them. Thanks!

Install terminal emulator from the playstore, open it and type su, it should work properly.
At least it works on mine after merging the patch.

Screenshot_2013-07-25-00-33-07.png

i ran the patch again, this time in cwm when rebooting you have to answer with no, instead of yes when it's asking you to disable recovery flash

P

podagee

download is really slow but almost there. i was wondering if the bootloader is really that necessary or can i just deal with it later.

Mononon

May 30, 2012
Well, I was going to flash, but for some reason this computer won't recognize my Nexus 7 after I install the drivers I needed for the Toolkit. Oh well. Guess I'll just wait for OTA

savagehax

Dec 19, 2011
Thx man.. Works great. 4.3 is running smooth. Can't wait til they release source.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Last edited:

kamark

Jan 16, 2007
Please make flashable for 3g version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I followed the instructions in OP, and cwm says-

"ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"
-No
-Yes - Disable recovery flash

Go back

what should I do?

thanks in advance :)
Reply no, the exploit for 4.3 root access requires a modified /system/etc/install-recovery.sh, which is the file that recoveries check for to display this message, but don't worry your recovery is safe.

BobbaLouie

Jun 23, 2012
After I couldnt restore with TBU I went ahead and installed a couple apps from the Play Store. After a reboot they were "not installed" for no apparent reason. Think I'll restore CM and wait a day or two until I have the time to tinker more.

Mononon

May 30, 2012
Alright, I got it flash. No noticeable change for me. Seems just as sluggish as I remember stock. A little more, actually. Chugs a lot when swiping and the sensitivity seems worse. Doesn't want to change pages when I swipe. I'm super disappointed at the moment. Was hoping for the smoothness others reported, but oh well.

bsoplinger

Jan 17, 2011
I noticed on the SuperSU thread that there's an update to the SuperSU zip to deal with TiBu. There's also a workaround there. I recommend going there for full info. But the workaround as I remember it is to change the location of your backup directory to /storage/emulated/legacy instead of /storage/emulated/0.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts