[DFT] HSPL for HTC WP7 Second Generation

Search This thread

korrel2008

Jun 15, 2008
Zaandam
thanks droganite for youre little tut on here it helped me and it works!!! thanks all the devs who put there time in to this !!! great work !!!

qualo

Jul 22, 2008
why do i keep getting error 260 with RUU it cant connect, i have tryed different ports, run it as admin etc etc ..... anybody know why ?

Same problem here but solved. You must install the Microsoft´s Windows Mobile Device Center that installs HTC USB SYNC Driver. I did that and then my pc recognices the TITAN and flashed without more problems.
Download from microsoft´s web, or search the link in google. I have one, but it´s in Spanish.

I hope it helps you.

tooly26

Mar 22, 2010
yes, you need GoldCard and cable for HSPL :(
Actually it can be flashed via RUU to only Europe devices seems.

hi...thx and great work!!!!
i have debranded my titan with goldcard from vodafone to the last official europe rom 2.05...my bootloader is 2.5.160015.3
but i got invalid vendor id! now i must flash the spl 2.05 with goldcard?
thx again 4 this hard work!!!

Last edited:

dragonide

Jul 9, 2010
Rome
The full screen reads:
PI39110
HSPL2.5.160015.3(137079)
eMMC SND 15188MB
CotullaH(F:81,ID:1,V11,B:F8)

Radio-16.23.03.17

and then the options for APPSBL, IMAGE CRC and FACTORY RESET

hope this helps

Sorry I can't see anything wrong. That's exactly what I see (apart from the radio version of course).
Try to download again the radio driver, maybe it was corrupted ... and flash it again.

Reactions: arielext

ryotgz

Dec 15, 2007
www.totalgamerz.com
First time using a gold card here so not sure what I'm doing is correct.

I made the gold card and the y cable. I boot the phone and it says go into usb mode. I plug in my cable and it says Loading. Then it takes me to a screen that says:
I39100 MFG
SPL-2.5
And more

At the bottom it says
APPSBL

IMAGE CRC
Factory Reset
RGB Background

I am not able to switch between these options. If I unplug the usb it goes to serial and then allows me to select the options. Am I doing something wrong? Is it not finding the ETERIMG.nbh?

Pr0xiMUS

Jul 29, 2008
Great work, thank you for you effort, hackery and nights spend on this great achievement. Now, if you have resources, would be great if you could hack Nokia Lumia phones :)
Using myself HTC Trophy but what is keeping me from upgrade to Nokia is no HSPL for Nokia phones. There is some development for Nokia but none close to releasing hack to unlock bootloader. Without DFT team, I don't see that it will be possible. Thanks again - for DFT HTCFP1 HSPL :)

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Hmm I'm stuck :(
I succesfully flashed the SPL, HSPL and rom even the radio says it installed without errors but after flashing the radio and getting back into SPL it still states my old radio "Radio-16.23.03.17" and booting the device doesn't work; keeps displaying the HTC logo but won't boot into Windows Phone. What else can I do?
I got the same **** with radio. Can not update it.
Done twice, but no luck :(!
I did it about 10 times in different sequences.
So I had to cook the rom for Titan with stock 2.05 OEM to get it booted. With old OEM - everything works fine. But it's sad that I can not use 4.06 OEM... Will try to solve the issue with radio tomorrow....
If the issue is not fixed - I probably can offer you my custom rom (****, I hate cooking for public). For now I cooked only 0409-0419 (Eng-Ru) 7.10.8773.98 rom. But it's not a big deal to add one more lang... Dutch or whatever :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grafpyx

pece1976

Nov 4, 2009
Skopje
These are the steps to flash the Custom Rom on the HTC Titan.
Mine is an European Unlocked HTC Titan.

To enter in SPL mode you have to press BOTH volume up and volume down while you turn on your device using the power button.

In SPL mode you will see a white screen with some informations like the version of the bootloader and the version of the radio driver. At the bottom of the SPL mode screen you will read something like "USB" and "IMAGE CRC" and "FACTORY RESET".

Steps :

1) Turn off your HTC Titan.
2) Turn on your HTC Titan while pressing BOTH volume up and volume down. You will enter SPL mode by doing so.
3) Unrar the compressed file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
4) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\1_SPL205\TITAN\ inside the directory where you extracted the file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
5) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6) Wait till the precedure finish to install SPL (0% -> 100%)
7) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
8) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
9) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\2_HSPL\
10) Run SFT_HSPL_WP7SG1_INSTALL.exe
11) Install HSPL following the istructions on screen.
12) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
13) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
14) This time you should be able to read HSPL2.5.160015.3 and CotullaH at the top of the SPL screen
15) Unrar the compressed file DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
16) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
17) Wait till the precedure finish to install the custom rom (0% -> 100% , it will be slower this time)
18) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.

If now you are stuck on HTC screen (WP doesn't start up) you need to upgrade the radio driver :

19) Unrar the compressed file RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z
20) Start ROMUpdateUtility.exe
21) If you enter SPL mode one last time you should be able to see the updated radio driver version.

That's what I did to make it work on my Unlocked European HTC Titan.

Thanks @dragonide, I can confirm that this tutorial worked on my Radar :D (just use the files from Freedom ROM V1 Omega topic)
BTW I'm new to windows modding, Radar is my first WP and I succeed from 1st try. Thanks again and thanks to DFT

antaed

Nov 23, 2009
just installed freedom rom, everything went as smooth as silk
million thanks, you're a legend man! :)

dragonide

Jul 9, 2010
Rome
Thanks @dragonide, I can confirm that this tutorial worked on my Radar :D (just use the files from Freedom ROM V1 Omega topic)
BTW I'm new to windows modding, Radar is my first WP and I succeed from 1st try. Thanks again and thanks to DFT

;)

The only pain in the ass after installing the ROM is that I can't get Reinstaller to work and I had many, many, many apps :(

But this is a little offtopic problem ...

Reactions: pece1976

pece1976

Nov 4, 2009
Skopje
;)

The only pain in the ass after installing the ROM is that I can't get Reinstaller to work and I had many, many, many apps :(

But this is a little offtopic problem ...

I would just add one more step (for noobs like me :eek:)

19) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.

Now the question is from where to start? So many new things, I know nothing :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /DFT HSPL WP7S\
    HSPL_WP7S_LOGO3.jpg

HSPL

for HTC second generation devices
    with Windows Phone 7

for HTC Titan/Omegia

After a hard and long work during few months, our team proudly presents our release.
    We tried to make it simple as usual, but it's not really easy task.
    So the current HSPL installation requires rather big amount of actions with device.
    This release consists from HSPL wizard and a special set of files.

Do not update your device to 4.XX ROMs via RUU or Zune!
    It's not known if possible to revert that SPL versions back.

Supported WP7S devices

*Omega (HTC Radar C110e)
    *Titan (HTC Eternity X310e)

HTC Radiant (Titan II) IS NOT SUPPORTED!

Both Omegas are supported regardless of body color :D

Most of these devices have several MIDs (ModelID, looks like “PI391100”).
    The current release supports only some limited numbers of MIDs. This was designed to minimize a possible harm to user’s devices.

List of supported MIDs:

Titan: "PI39****", “PI391100", "PI391000"
    Omega: "PI06****”, “PI061100, “PI061000"

!Please note that on SPL screen MID is only 7 symbols, without last one.!

Programs stops any operations if unknown MID detected. If your device have unknown MID, please report about it in this thread.
    Specify your MID, device name, ROM versions. It’s nice, if you can give a link to download ROM.

Basic stuff to know

SPL is Secondary Program Loader. It allows to flash ROMs to device.
    Without working SPL device is fully bricked, you can’t restore it. It’s why all operations with SPL are dangerous.
    OSPL is Original SPL. This SPL comes with stock ROM and doesn’t allow to flash custom stuffs.
    HSPL is Hard SPL. It’s permanently flashed to internal device memory and replaces OSPL. After soft reset you still have HSPL instead of OSPL.

Installation

for Titan:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    2. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card ETERIMG.nbh
    3. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    4. It should be flashed to device.
    5. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    6. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    7. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    8. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it.
    9. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

for Omega:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. Update your Omega via Zune as high as possible. You must apply HTC OEM update.
    Some RADIO versions are not able to flash another version from SPL.
    2. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    3. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card OMEGIMG.nbh
    4. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    5. It should be flashed to device.
    6. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    7. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    8. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    9. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it. Or open and close cover.
    10. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

If you got problems during flashing Omega with GoldCard on RADIO item, you should run MTTY and run "set 14 0" command.
    Then you will able to boot into WP7 and update via Zune OEM. Then you can try to install HSPL again.

Deinstallation

1. Flash stock ROM via RUU.
    -=OR=-
    Run HSPL wizard and choose "2.05 - OSPL" to restore stock SPL.
    2. Do not forget to make poker face in repair center!

Important Notes

-2: New ROMs come with 1750 version must have same radio (with 1750 also). You need to have same OEM and RADIO version, otherwise ROM won't boot.
    -1: It seems that it's a bug inside SPL: you can connect device in SPL mode to PC via USB only ONCE.
    You need reset device to connect it again.
    0. You will lost all data during HSPL installation. Make a backup before.
    1. Before doing any operations be sure you have battery level more than 50%!
    2. Battery is NOT charged in SPL mode with USB connected!
    Sometimes in SPL mode WP7F devices DO NOT charge. You may got a dusty brick if it was powered down during SPL or RADIO update!
    3. Stock RUU ROMs have two NBH files inside, SPL_Signed and RUU_Signed.
    So it's not possible directly flash stock ROM, you need to remove SPL from NBH.
    4. Rememeber if you have HSPL and you flashing stock RUU_Signed.nbh you lost HSPL!
    5. Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Is not tested on Windows 8.

Warranty Issues

Be warned, using this release may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock! Install stock official ROM before go to Repair Centre.

Disclaimer

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any
    conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or
    otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while
    testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Links

Download

The first custom ROM for HTC Omega
    The first custom ROM for HTC Titan

Special thanks

HD2Owner, for his great graphic work!

Official DFT site (Chinese)

Best regards, DFT, 01.06.2012

Installation for OMEGA

omega.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\OMEGA folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\OMEGA\OMEGIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. If flash fails with RADIO error you need to update device via Zune.
    Use "set 14 0" command via MTTY to disable auto boot to SPL.
    Read more about MTTY here. After update do again from step 5.
    8. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    9. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

Installation for TITAN

titan.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\TITAN folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\TITAN\ETERIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    8. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

These are the steps to flash the Custom Rom on the HTC Titan.
    Mine is an European Unlocked HTC Titan.

You need to download :
    1) DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    2) DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    3) RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z

To enter in SPL mode you have to press BOTH volume up and volume down while you turn on your device using the power button.

In SPL mode you will see a white screen with some informations like the version of the bootloader and the version of the radio driver. At the bottom of the SPL mode screen you will read something like "USB" and "IMAGE CRC" and "FACTORY RESET".

Steps :

1) Turn off your HTC Titan.
    2) Turn on your HTC Titan while pressing BOTH volume up and volume down. You will enter SPL mode by doing so.
    3) Unrar the compressed file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    4) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\1_SPL205\TITAN\ inside the directory where you extracted the file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    5) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    6) Wait till the precedure finish to install SPL (0% -> 100%)
    7) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    8) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    9) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\2_HSPL\
    10) Run SFT_HSPL_WP7SG1_INSTALL.exe
    11) Install HSPL following the istructions on screen.
    12) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    13) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    14) This time you should be able to read HSPL2.5.160015.3 and CotullaH at the top of the SPL screen
    15) Unrar the compressed file DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    16) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    17) Wait till the precedure finish to install the custom rom (0% -> 100% , it will be slower this time)
    18) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.

If now you are stuck on HTC screen (WP doesn't start up) you need to upgrade the radio driver :

19) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    20) Unrar the compressed file RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z
    21) Start ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    22) If you enter SPL mode one last time you should be able to see the updated radio driver version.

That's what I did to make it work on my Unlocked European HTC Titan.

EDIT : Instead of using "DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z" you can use any other ROM ... for example ultrashot Dynamics7 v2.0 WP7.8