[MOD]App2SD Script! - Use 64GB microSD for App Data on Note 10.1!

Search This thread

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I keep trying to delete the script with EsExplorer and it appears to be deleted, but when I reboot, its still there. How do t delete it permanently?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

airbusecam

Oct 14, 2012
london
re

hi

any chance that this would work on a stock rom, rooted , cwm note 2, im desperate for something like this 16gb is way to small.

cheers pj

muffassa

May 23, 2010
hi

any chance that this would work on a stock rom, rooted , cwm note 2, im desperate for something like this 16gb is way to small.

cheers pj

Originally Posted by omnia1994
here's step for noob like me: (running rooted stock)
1) install the zip in cwm
2) install busybox from market, then clock the busybox app to install busybox
3) install script manager (smanager) from the play store
4) launch Smanager, select "browse as root" then ok
5) browse to "/system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd"
6) u will see the script there. select it, then click Executable, tap on Su, Boot and Save (these are the options on the very top u need to select both)
7) reboot and you are done! select reboot

*rmb to format ur sdcard to FAT32 before u start. if ur pc dont have the option of fat32, install this http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Part...-10863346.html

run it, right click ur sdcard n select "format partition"

after rebooting check your storage from settings and copy all the files the existing files to your new location

this is how i did it and, i am using stock ics rom and it works flawlessly

JuniorGG

Jun 2, 2011
Venice
My kudos to zedomax for the great work.

Before I install the script, however, I have 2 questions:

1) After installation of the script, will there be issues in connecting the note to a Windows PC using the USB cable? I mean: will both the internal and the external SDs still be seen correctly by the PC, using the MTP mode?

2) I am using this script that allows to connect the Note to the PC in "mass storage" mode, hence enabling direct access to the external SD without the MTP layer, which I find very convenient: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1948533
But after installation,will it still work?

bulgareli

Jan 20, 2012
Brazil
This changes system apps?

This MOD affects OTA's receiving and installation? If yes, how to reverse it?

Thanks!

citra_tdz

Jul 26, 2011
Need help please. After i update firmware through ota. I cannot reenable this script. I have rooted the gnote, get init.d to work as there is a init.log file in sdcard showing it work. But after i flash the 11extsd2intrrnalsd, the sdcards are not swapped. I have no idea how to solve it. Please help.

Thanx

omnia1994

Apr 18, 2009
Need help please. After i update firmware through ota. I cannot reenable this script. I have rooted the gnote, get init.d to work as there is a init.log file in sdcard showing it work. But after i flash the 11extsd2intrrnalsd, the sdcards are not swapped. I have no idea how to solve it. Please help.

Thanx

try these steps maybe?
6) u will see the script there. select it, then click Executable, tap on Su, Boot and Save (these are the options on the very top u need to select both)

citra_tdz

Jul 26, 2011
try these steps maybe?

Thanx. That solves it. It needs to reboot twice. Now i have big memory again. Thanx for your guidance.

Reactions: mann75

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm on CM10 on both my S3 and my Note 10.1. I have the similar script working on my S3, but can't get this one to work on my 10.1
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I bought a 64gb micro card for nothing. :(

Sent from my GT-N8013

ntinosterpsis

Dec 5, 2011
Kastoria
Does this work with jelly bean? I've do it in ics and after the update to jb it doesn't work. I follow the guide of the user omnia94 but in init. D I don't see the file. Please help!

omnia1994

Apr 18, 2009
Yes works on TouchWiz JB, just use Script Manager. Try this tutorial for Note 2:

i follow ur instruction exactly . it works, but the script wont run itself even i marked the "boot" in smanager. i need to re run it manually.
this is annoying as my gallery has 1000+ photos and i have to wait them reload and re cache again :(

anyhelp?

And is it possible to let storage swap before it start loading apps when the device is just being booted?

few days ago, i installed jb , followed this thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1982821
before i run the apps2sd script in jb, i found that i was unable to save any screenshot/image to internal storage. but i can move files from it. but it runs with no prob after swap storage again with the script.
after noticing jb still have some bugs, i decided to back to ics, and decided stop using the apps2sd script and try using derectory bind.
but when i accidentally hit the sceenshot button, i fount that it is still unable to save things to internal storage, it keep showing "unable to save screenshot.storage may be in use."

what should i do now ? =(

Last edited:

sovi3tss

May 4, 2011
Wollongong
What happens if you accidentally format the internal card which thinks its the external card ? will it delete system files
?

Just another quick question , do you really need to format the card to Fat 32? i have tried to right click on the card and it will not give me the option , and the link a page back for a tool to create fat32 seems to be not Valid anymore.

Oh i have a 32Gig sd card

Last edited:

omnia1994

Apr 18, 2009
What happens if you accidentally format the internal card which thinks its the external card ? will it delete system files
?

Just another quick question , do you really need to format the card to Fat 32? i have tried to right click on the card and it will not give me the option , and the link a page back for a tool to create fat32 seems to be not Valid anymore.

Oh i have a 32Gig sd card
I m not sure what "system file " u mean, but everything in storage is apps data, included system apps and user apps
Format it wont cause any corrupt in system. U will just lost ur app data
I have provide a link few page above to a windows app tht allows you to farmat ur card to fat32

Now can anyone answer my question above? :(

sovi3tss

May 4, 2011
Wollongong
So let me get this straight this script allows you to use the sd card as the main drive ,however only allows you to install the extra data that apps download like the Most Wanted game onto the card (thats now your maind drive). the actual app is still installed on the hidden system app folder.

Because i installed several apps abd i seen the Internal memory still go down and if you click on the storage and then apps it still says 11 gigs at the bottom.

I just want to get this straight in my head.

Spricar

Jan 6, 2009
So far, the most detailed instructions are these:

3) install script manager (smanager)
6) u will see the script there. select it, then click Executable, tap on Su, Boot and Save
7) reboot and you are done!

but this is still not good enough for a noob like me :(. I Don't know what "clock the busybox app" means, where to find script manager,... In short, Im' pretty new to this rooting thing and stuff :confused:, simply because I never had any need for rooting until now.
So can anyone please give me more detailed instructions?

Also, if I swap internal and external SD, will my settings, widgets and stuff stay the same? Will I have to reinstall some apps, or should I simply copy contents from internal to external SD before swapping them?

Last edited:
Reactions: eterno13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's App2SD Script you can use to "swap" your internal storage and microSD card storage space.

For example, if you have a 16GB Note 10.1 and use 64GB microSD card, applying this script will allow you to get 64GB for your apps instead of just 16GB.

When you first use the script, you might see missing app data. To fix this, simply copy the whole contents of your internal storage to microSD card beforehand (or you can do it after too). You can also use Titanium Backup app to backup apps/app data before using the script then restore your apps with data.

Now, you can enjoy 64GB easily without paying for it!

To disable the script, you can simply erase the file below using ES File Explorer with Root Explorer/Mount enabled in settings:
    /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd

OR you can also disable the script by leaving your microSD card out during boot then plug it back in after booting.

Requirements:
    - You will need a rooted ROM/kernel with init.d support (OR you can probably use Script Manager app to run the script at boot, I haven't tried this but let me know, it should work just fine)
    - Works on ALL stock or TouchWiz based ROMs
    - Works for ALL Note 10.1 including N8000,N8010,N8013

To install:
    - Simply flash the zip file in CWM Recovery or TWRP!

Download App2SD Script v0.2:
    http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyNote10.1/app2sd/11extsd2internalsd_GNote101_ZEDOMAXv0.2.zip

Credits:
    Thanks to Mattiadj for original script on i9300, which I modified for Note 10.1.

Here's a photo of my Note 10.1 Wifi 16GB:
    A1XRamCCMAApCsW.jpg:large
    here's step for noob like me: (running rooted stock)
    3) install script manager (smanager)
    6) u will see the script there. select it, then click Executable, tap on Su, Boot and Save
    7) reboot and you are done!

*rmb to format ur sdcard to FAT32 before u start. if ur pc dont have the option of fat32, install this http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html
    run it, right click ur sdcard n select "format partition"
    reserved

reserved
    Ah OK let me see if I get this. What your script does is make my tablet see the external SDCard as if it is the internal memory and vice versa? So if I run this I need to basically just copy everything on my internal card to my external card?

Is the internal memory faster than the external if I have a Class 6 SdCard for instance? Will this cause lag in launching Apps?

And i guess we need to flash your rom so we have unit.d support for this to work?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Yes exactly, I don't really see much lag even with a Class 2 but I do recommend higher Class 6 just in case. You need a ROM with init.d support or kernel yes OR you can try using Script Manager app, I heard it works but haven't tried it.
    can anyone give a tutorial to use in stock rom with script manager?
    i tried it with the following steps :
    1) format my card to fat32
    2) flash the zip in cwm
    3) found not working, try use smanager , browse to /system/etc/init.d/11extsd2internalsd n run the script
    4) failed (caused by no busybox installed)
    5) installed busybox, try to run the script again
    6) "permission denied: are you rooted?) "
    ..so what should i do now?? someone pls help us that can't get this awesome script works..
    thank you very much

edit: done! finally done it successfully. i should tick the "su" when running the script

but now i found that every folder in my gallery appear twice (for example, 2 "camera" folders and 2 "movies" n 2" friends" folder. it should only have one.
    any help?