Verizon Moto G Temp Root using Towelroot v3

Search This thread

mohlsen8

May 20, 2010
I searched but don't think anyone has posted this already, so sorry if this is already known. I have a Verizon Moto G on 4.3 - I was holding off on updates with the hope that someone would find a way to disable write access or some other magical exploit since this is my wifi toy anyway. Anyway, I've been playing around and figured out the code to successfully use Towelroot v3 for temp root. Open it, tap on "welcome to towelroot v3" a few times until the text box pops up, then change the numbers to:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Maybe someone can confirm this works on Kitkat versions < 4.4.4. It'd be awesome if someone can get something like Towelpieroot working for us with this automatically running on reboot.

Reactions: mydroit34

Kaiyo Droid

Mar 16, 2012
I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.

Last edited:

mohlsen8

May 20, 2010
I'll give this a shot and report back. Have a VZW Moto G ON 4.4.4.

Edit: No luck here it seems. Once I input the numbers and tapped "Make It Rain", the app simply froze up with the prompt "TowelRoot is not reaponding" eventually poppinng after a moment or two. I could still navigate the Moto G just fine, but TowelRoot stays frozen. You can close it the normal way. I tried using both dalvik and ART. Ichecked for root by downloading SuperSU and opening it, but I'd get the message that no superuser binary is installed.

Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.

Kaiyo Droid

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks for trying, but that would have been expected. This was patched in time for 4.4.4 to come out. I think there was an earlier KitKat version released for the Verizon Moto G though, right? Otherwise I guess this is just 4.3 then.

Still, I thank you very much for sharing this :)

Now I wish that there were some way for me to downgrade.

Last edited:

jwildman16

May 11, 2012
I'm on 4.4.2. Tried this method and the phone freezes and eventually just reboots. I bought mine a few months ago when Best Buy had them for $50 and it came with 4.4.2 already installed. :(

ajaynes99

Nov 19, 2014
I searched but don't think anyone has posted this already, so sorry if this is already known. I have a Verizon Moto G on 4.3 - I was holding off on updates with the hope that someone would find a way to disable write access or some other magical exploit since this is my wifi toy anyway. Anyway, I've been playing around and figured out the code to successfully use Towelroot v3 for temp root. Open it, tap on "welcome to towelroot v3" a few times until the text box pops up, then change the numbers to:

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Maybe someone can confirm this works on Kitkat versions < 4.4.4. It'd be awesome if someone can get something like Towelpieroot working for us with this automatically running on reboot.
It does not work on 4.4.4

rjmohit

Sep 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3 XL

1337 0 0 0 1 1

Doesn't seem to be working on my G with 4.3? Are you doing something more than whats just posted? It says the device should be rooted, but no apps detect root. :/

mohlsen8

May 20, 2010
Doesn't seem to be working on my G with 4.3? Are you doing something more than whats just posted? It says the device should be rooted, but no apps detect root. :/

I don't remember at this point. There's one combination out there that should work for you. Really though, at this point as long as you're not on 4.4.4, you should be looking to unlock your bootloader with sunshine. Can vouch that it works perfectly.

http://theroot.ninja/

Reactions: rjmohit

rfrayer

May 5, 2012
I don't remember at this point. There's one combination out there that should work for you. Really though, at this point as long as you're not on 4.4.4, you should be looking to unlock your bootloader with sunshine. Can vouch that it works perfectly.

Unfortunately you cant use Sunshine without first being rooted and 4.4.4 as far as i know cant be temp rooted even with pie.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1337 0 0 0 1 1