[LT26i][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Forzaferrarileo

Apr 16, 2012
Rome
R: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)[LT2

I don't know, but I can say if you do *#*#4636#*#* (android system menu) , and you go in phone information(the first button) and next scroll down uo to the end, you can select the type of band(gsm,hsdpa etc...) , and LTE is present.
I noticed this since GB and now also in Jb is present

Strange

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Acceleracer

Jun 27, 2011
Germany
AW: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

Is it correct that this leaked jb ROM is not able to connect to any mobile network? So its impossible to surf the web or use whatsapp without a WLAN connection?

Nostix

Jan 12, 2013
AW: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

Is it correct that this leaked jb ROM is not able to connect to any mobile network? So its impossible to surf the web or use whatsapp without a WLAN connection?

Yes that's right.

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Re: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

No, it's not correct.
WiFi works, mobile networks don't work, so you can't call or text

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

Acceleracer

Jun 27, 2011
Germany
No, it's not correct.
WiFi works, mobile networks don't work, so you can't call or text

Hmmm so sad :( I will never flash a rom to my mobile phone that will take the ability of calling somebody... for what do I have a phone with me always....

But I guess battery consumption is very good without network!

If this ROM would have phone ability, deodex, tweakings, oc/uv kernel... it would be perfect :)

IceyYou2

Feb 4, 2013
Re: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

This is a leak. There are going to be issues, because it's for developers. It isn't meant to be a daily ROM. I feel like I'm repeating what about 20 other people have said, but stop asking for a "fix".

Sent from my Xperia S ~XZXperience~Unlocked BL~Rooted~6.1.A.2.55~

guilhermedsx

Nov 19, 2010
I don't think the "no WCDMA\GSM\phone calls\messaging\whatever" needs a FIX. It's not broken. Sony alpha\beta ROMs are always like this, as I recall. They're intented to not connect to networks.

It needs a PATCH or workaround.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I don't think the "no WCDMA\GSM\phone calls\messaging\whatever" needs a FIX. It's not broken. Sony alpha\beta ROMs are always like this, as I recall. They're intented to not connect to networks.

It needs a PATCH or workaround.

u guys keep forgetting that this is not an official user release firmware...

we just need to get the right files/fixes for it to work on retail devices...

FYI in the ROM i uploaded, i have already fixed most of the things to get it working on retail devices... i am sure with so many devs working on it (hopefully) that we should get some fix soon...

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek

u guys keep forgetting that this is not an official user release firmware...

we just need to get the right files/fixes for it to work on retail devices...

FYI in the ROM i uploaded, i have already fixed most of the things to get it working on retail devices... i am sure with so many devs working on it (hopefully) that we should get some fix soon...

And even if you don't manage to fix it, it's still cool for knowing what's coming very, very soon and to play with it for a while.

Tnx everyone for trying and lord for fixing and sharing this with us. :D

mracer164

Nov 23, 2012
Odp: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

I'm experiencing very frequent screen flickering on this leak anyone got this too?

Sent from my awesome Android 4.2.2 Xperia S via XDA-Developers app

element800

Apr 25, 2012

I'm experiencing very frequent screen flickering on this leak anyone got this too?

It's a known bug come on this has been asked a thousand times! Please read the thread..

power323f

Jan 29, 2011
Grave

Why dont you read the thread??? Why Why Why??????

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Felimenta97

abdyasar

Jan 6, 2013
İstanbul
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Ynt: [LT26i][ROM+Kernel][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.68 (UPDATE!)

Advanced Stock Kernel (v01):

here is a kernel which is stock based (stock zImage) with recovery!

To enter recovery keep pressing VOLUME UP button AFTER u see the "PINK" LED at bootup (Sony logo)

THIS IS TO BE FLASHED SEPARATELY USING FASTBOOT AFTER THE ROM IS INSTALLED

S-DooMLoRD-JB_leak_68-AdvStk_v1.elf
MD5HASH: e729abcfdf951e6b476b5f6278f424b7

I REPEAT IF U FLASH THIS ROM PACKAGE OVER THIS ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL THEN YOU WILL LOSE RECOVERY!

Thanks to lilstevie & Dees_Troy for their hack to get recovery working properly on 3.4 kernel!

Hi Lord..! İs there a .zip kernel??

Xperia S - .55 Stock FW, Unlocked BL, Advanced Stock Kernel

monivan

Apr 3, 2010
Berlin

krabappel2548

Nov 15, 2011
Lommel

Why dont you read the thread??? Why Why Why??????

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

for questions you need to be in general, there is a thread about this. It's meant to keep this thread clean for developers and everyone who is trying to get network functional :)

Why you have to be such a douche and pretend you carefully read all of 37 pages before posting?????????? Why Why Whine?

Reactions: rhogz

Trevor Chuah

Apr 9, 2012
Sure it's hard to read through all 37 pages thread
But there is a function called "Search", I will search through the thread I have question before I really want to ask it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]---

I have posted an new JB leak... near perfect! almost everything works!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252940

enjoy!

closing this thread!

-------------------------------------

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN FOR ONLY DEVELOPMENT RELATED DISCUSSIONS

For help, assistance, or if you have a question, use the Help and Troubleshooting thread

ok so got recovery working on stock 3.4 kernel...

advanced stock kernel is posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38165192#post38165192

THIS IS TO BE FLASHED SEPARATELY USING FASTBOOT AFTER THE ROM IS INSTALLED

I REPEAT IF U FLASH THIS ROM PACKAGE OVER THIS ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL THEN YOU WILL LOSE RECOVERY!

---[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ info ]

Hello friends,

so after posting sneakpeaks, i present to you leaked Sony JellyBean Firmware 6.2.B.0.68 for the Xperia S (LT26i)... this firmware was ment for developer (brown) devices but i was able to get it to boot on production devices...

[ NOTICE ]

since this is an internal testing firmware, do not expect to see the same features on the official final release... some things could be added while others removed...

[ screenshots ]

device-2013-02-19-025215.png

most screenshots are uploaded here

[ video review ]

Thanks to phil1405 (dont forget to thank him for the videos)

Rom review:

Themechooser, Dialer & Massaging Apps:

Gaming-/Camera-Experience & Small Apps:

CWM Recovery Kernel, Contacts App, HD Gameplay, Google Now, Free Ram, Social Media life:

[ WARNING ]

PLEASE DO NOT CROSSFLASH THIS ROM+KERNEL... this is ment only for LT26i... please do not flash it on LT26w/LT28/etc....

1. THIS IS AN LEAKED ROM

2. FEW THINGS ARE EXPECTED NOT TO WORK

3. THIS IS POSTED JUST SO THAT USERS CAN ENJOY THE UPCOMING FEATURES AND OTHER DEVS CAN HELP IN FIXING THE ISSUES

4. MORE THINGS WILL FOLLOW AS AND WHEN I/OTHERS CAN GET THEM TO WORK

5. DO NOT ASK FOR FURTHER UPDATES/ETA

6. ALL USER DATA (from /data partition) WILL BE WIPED WHILE INSTALLING THIS

please backup all data, including SDCARD data before flashing this ROM

[ why has this been posted? ]

many devs can use the libs to improve existing/work-in-progress ROMs...

many themers can start porting to ROMs/devices...

many users will get a feel of whats in store for the JB update...

[ features ]

1. Easy to flash update.zip via recovery
    2. Prerooted and busybox installed

[ whats not working? ]

• kernel provided here DOES NOT HAVE RECOVERY (RESOLVED: AFTER FLASHING THE ROM, FLASH THE ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL POSTED HERE)

• baseband is recognized even Networks can be seen in Network search menu but the device doesnt connect to any GSM/HSDPA network

please report other things as and when you find them

[ requirements ]

• unlocked bootloader
    • previously on stock .55 ICS ROM or roms based on that [since some components of THIS rom contain files from those firmwares]
    • supplied ROM
    • any existing kernel with recovery

[ how to install ]

1. download the ROM and save it on SDCARD
    2. reboot device into recovery (make sure that the /system partition is unmounted, i have noticed that in some kernels the /system partition remains mounted)
    3. flash the ROMs update.zip (this will take some time)
    4. thats it now reboot device
    5. first boot will take a long time!!!
    6. enjoy!

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ download link ]

kindly DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!!!

LT26i_DooMLoRD_leak_JB-68.zip [ MD5HASH: 1feb79d45d5102dbf8d283da0ff7027e ] { 517 MB / 542774497 bytes }

READ THE FULL THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUERIES OR REPORTING ANY BUGS/ISSUES

icon8.gif

ENJOY!!!
    heard something interesting... the JB update for the Xperia S may be releasing by end of NEXT week... and the Xperia P & GO will get JB after the S...

closing thread to avoid spamming of this thread :p
    so guys the Xperia S JB release is VERY close :)

Sony are busy testing almost final versions of JB... i have one such version and its working awesome!

everything works!

here are some screenshots for you guys!

device-2013-04-27-004610.png
    device-2013-04-27-004636.png
    device-2013-04-27-004753.png
    device-2013-04-27-004828.png
    device-2013-04-27-004922.png
    device-2013-04-27-010442.png
    device-2013-04-27-015236.png
    device-2013-04-27-015345.png
    device-2013-04-27-005004.png

DO NOT ASK FOR RELEASE / SYSTEM DUMPS / ETA OF JB ROLL OUT!
    JellyBean is coming...

(see what i did there GoT fans? ;) )

fully working one ;)
    According to your tread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2104020

Is that mean that we not going to have the final version from sony, because some idiot leaked it before its time???
    It would make sense... i planned to get an xperia Z anyway.

well what gives u that idea?

as i said numerous times these internal firmwares are for testing and may not reflect what features you will see in the final update...

also look at their update schedule:
    http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/12...an-android-4-1-for-2012-xperia-smartphones-2/

First up, the upgrade plans* for Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V are progressing as planned – these smartphones will start to receive Jelly Bean during February and March.

Next up, Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go will be upgraded from the end of March. Then Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S will follow in the subsequent weeks.

they have already rolled out updates for the T, V & TX, TL...

Xperia J also got updated ahead of schedule (mid March)...

so u can expect the Xperia S (and other msm8660 devices) to get updates in next few weeks...

P.S.: this might be a bit premature, but once the kernel sources for the JB update are out I will restart work for DooMKernel for this device :)
    i want to sync all my work for 3.4 kernel thats why havent released any kernels for ICS so far... the last kernel i released for this device was for GB and after that i got caught up with my studies...
    so as and when the sources are released u can expect DooMKernel soon with features same as the ones on the Xperia T & Xperia Z kernels....