[Q] video rotating problems

Search This thread

denmyos

Mar 20, 2014
naestved
I have a weird problem.
Sometimes when i record a video its comes out in the portrait view, even though its recorded in horizontal view.

When hold my phone in vertical position (the status bar show up on the bottom of the screen) the video will fill up the whole screen (show the video in landscape "view")
But when i turn the phone in horizontal position the video goes to portrait view, and (the status bar now goes bottom of the screen).!!!??

It look like the phone can't figure out when to record in portrait mode or when to record in landscape mode, even though i record i landscape mode.

Even weirder is that it only happens once in a while, not on all my videos.!!??

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I have a weird problem.
Sometimes when i record a video its comes out in the portrait view, even though its recorded in horizontal view.

When hold my phone in vertical position (the status bar show up on the bottom of the screen) the video will fill up the whole screen (show the video in landscape "view")
But when i turn the phone in horizontal position the video goes to portrait view, and (the status bar now goes bottom of the screen).!!!??

It look like the phone can't figure out when to record in portrait mode or when to record in landscape mode, even though i record i landscape mode.

Even weirder is that it only happens once in a while, not on all my videos.!!??

Do you have the Xposed framework installed on your device with the Xposed addition module?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Sorry don't even know what that is.

I'm running stock kitkat 4.4.2

I'm not sure the problems was there when i was running 4.3,
But i was only running 4.3 for a short while before i upgraded to 4.4.2

ok nvm I had a similar issue with Xposed addition. If you are not using it then its not the cause.

denmyos

Mar 20, 2014
naestved
ok nvm I had a similar issue with Xposed addition. If you are not using it then its not the cause.

I did a little testing, it seems like it happens when the phone is not hold 100% in the horizontal position when i push the record button.

Has anybody notice, that even when it looks like you are recording in landscape view, you actually not.

If you push the record button when the phone is in vertical position, and then turn the phone to the horizontal/landscape position, the screen will show that you are recording in landscape view, but actually you are recording in portrait view.
To make matters worse when you view the recording, it will be turned 90degrees to the left.

Can anybody test this, and see if this only happens to me, or that its totally normal.?