[Q] How to install apktool

Search This thread

oracle01642

Nov 10, 2012
XDA
Hi all. Could someone please tell me how to install apktool on my laptop? I have installed java SDK and JRE, and android SDK. Downloaded numerous apktools, but they either don't work, or I cant install it because it doesn't recognise the command prompts???*

I have tried following a number of tutorials but I just can't seem to get apktool working/installed.

It's driving me crazy. I have been trying to edit my SystemUI and SecSettings and I just can't get apktool to work.*

PS; My phone is a galaxy S4 I9505 running 4.4.2. And my laptop is running windows 7

mahithlal

Jun 19, 2012
Hi all. Could someone please tell me how to install apktool on my laptop? I have installed java SDK and JRE, and android SDK. Downloaded numerous apktools, but they either don't work, or I cant install it because it doesn't recognise the command prompts???*

I have tried following a number of tutorials but I just can't seem to get apktool working/installed.

It's driving me crazy. I have been trying to edit my SystemUI and SecSettings and I just can't get apktool to work.*

PS; My phone is a galaxy S4 I9505 running 4.4.2. And my laptop is running windows 7

numerous apktools don't require any installation but sometimes it require to set the java path for apktool
and u can use one click apk for easy decompile and compile it doesn't require typing commands
download one click apk from below thread
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=873466

Last edited:

AbhiLP

Nov 13, 2012
Jammu

There's a mobile version too. Give it a try. It may be not as fast as pc version but it works for me everytime !

http://code.google.com/p/apktool/