Bootloop with cyanogenmod with my kindle fire hd

Search This thread

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Will it go into fast boot by going into twrp and hitting reboot then hitting boot loader? If it does then you may not need fast boot cable. Idk why you are having issues with the side load command, but I am glad someone noticed you flashed the wrong zip. I only pay attention to the point I know my own codename, and for some reason otter made me think 8.9" or something.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
Will it go into fast boot by going into twrp and hitting reboot then hitting boot loader? If it does then you may not need fast boot cable. Idk why you are having issues with the side load command, but I am glad someone noticed you flashed the wrong zip. I only pay attention to the point I know my own codename, and for some reason otter made me think 8.9" or something.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Actually it does, So do I just run the command again and try with the fastboot?

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Yes as long as you can get fast boot it should work

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
Sorry guys for mi ignorance again..
But I get the fastboot image in my tablet, and all that.
But when I run the adb with the cmd command
No matter what command I put I always get
"C\Users\(name)\"
and I put the command already mentioned (adb sideload or etc.)
and nothing works
But at least I get to the fastboot :D
(That gives me a lil hope)

PD: I'm downloading the KFHD and reading the tutorial to see how it is.
Thanks guys all the help its greatly appreciated!

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Adb won't work with fastboot only a fastboot command will work, its OK I got the same problem til I learned but always willing to help

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
Adb won't work with fastboot only a fastboot command will work, its OK I got the same problem til I learned but always willing to help

So I downloaded the KFHD
I'm in the fastboot,(at least it says so in the kindle.
But the K
Sr tool won't find the device :S
It only says waiting for the device....
and yeah..So its not detecting my kindle.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I'm guessing u haven't installed the fast boot drivers. Just force the adb composite device over the unknown device in the device manager.

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
I'm guessing u haven't installed the fast boot drivers. Just force the adb composite device over the unknown device in the device manager.

Yeah I don't recall installing drivers for the fastboot...so yeah I can see that must be the problem...
I try updating the Tate-PVT-08 or looking for the drivers automatically and it won't find any. :S

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
That's because u need to download them, or modify the ones in the SDK to work. Just download kffa I think it can install them for you.

Reactions: south956

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
That's because u need to download them, or modify the ones in the SDK to work. Just download kffa I think it can install them for you.

Well now my pc found my tablet I used the kfhd, I used the sr tool.and restored to the factory settings with superuser etc.

at the beginning after I reboot it, it just showed the kindle fire hd in an continuous loop over and over, and then it turn off.
So I'm pretty lost right now... and when I turn it on, the infinite kindle fire loop over and over.
I'm going to look in the forum about it..

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Sounds like a bad flash. I would check the md5sum on the SRT and make sure it matches the online one, or try using kffa.

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Remember you flashed partitions from a different device, try kffa and do complete restore from bone stock. The files are online so they are correct.

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
So now can I still do anything?
I mean I just go see the infinite loop of kindle fire.
I can't really access to the TWR Menu like before...

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If you can't see the blue kindle logo then u can't get into twrp, if u do see a blue kindle fire logo before the animated kf logo, shut the device down again, and as soon as u power it on hold down volume up, until u see the kindle fire blue logo, it should then goto twrp. If you don't have the kindle fire blue logo anymore you are going to have to use a fastboot cable to get it into fast boot mode and flash it.

seekario

Jul 25, 2013
Man this sucks...
I just think It wasn't worth it going for so much trouble to now following wrong directions,and my unit its bricked, and now the cable (at least the ones in U.S ) are at ridiculous prices for a cable ,and the ones at a good price take forever (located in china) worse feeling in the world right now...

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Eh they range from 5-15$. I would just make one myself but that because I solder a lot. I still don't have one myself, mainly because I have no other android devices, so I have no spare mini USB connectors outside of the one my kindle came with. Just wait it out if you order one, your kindle is totally fixable.

Reactions: south956

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
You need a steady hand and some skill in it, I tried n kept messing up. If you've soldered small wiring or chips it should be easy, I've only soldered car audio and video components.

stolen from my drunk kindle by Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will have to test out adb sideload on my PC to get a better understanding of whats going on, keep in kind I use Linux and not windows, so I don't have driver issues, though I guess you are past any issues that would occur with drivers. Just to validate while I check, but u did put the file u want to side load in the same folder as the adb.exe and you are sure u ran the command correctly? Just thought I'd mention windows doesn't show file extension by default, so make sure u add the .zip to the filename if you didn't already when u type the command.

Eh they range from 5-15$. I would just make one myself but that because I solder a lot. I still don't have one myself, mainly because I have no other android devices, so I have no spare mini USB connectors outside of the one my kindle came with. Just wait it out if you order one, your kindle is totally fixable.