[WORKING] ROOT CWM Galaxy Star Duos 5282/5280 [Discontinued]

Search This thread

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
THIS IS METHOD I USED AND IT IS 100 percent working. FULLY TESTED BY ME. However, I installed Super SU before trying this as I was rooting the device by different methods and found this most easy. Installing SuperSU from market before doing these steps is not required.

METHOD

This should work on both galaxy star. S5282 and S5280

Download CWM recovery
Download Odin
Download Super SU

Firstly, boot into odin mode by turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds. This is to ensure your phone has completely switched off.
Hold down power+volume down+home key. A screen will come asking you to continue. Press voume up key to continue.

Open odin as administrator and then click pda and choose recovery file downloaded from attachment. You will have to unzip the odin and recovery. Sometimes Odin wouldnot show files on desktop so make sure recovery is in DRIVE:/ANY NAME/ RECOVERY.TAR

Flash it by clicking start.

The phone will restart.

Switch off phone again. This time boot into recovery by pressing this combination. Hold down power+volume up+home key You may leave power key after you see model number.

Choose flash zip via recovery and choose SuperSU.zip

Restart phone after flashing the zip

YOU ARE ROOTED WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY. ENJOY

Update SuperSU from market if needed

ODIN FLASHABLE FILES FOR SAMSUNG
http://samsung-updates.com/

GIVE PROPER CREDITS IF USING MY RECOVERY AND TAKE PERMISSION BEFORE DOING SO.

Attachments

• Odin307.zip
    347.1 KB · Views: 176,536
  • recovery.tar.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 605,729
  • UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip
    878.7 KB · Views: 270,930
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 24,716
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 39,123
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 20,061
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 21,504
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 28,521
Last edited:

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
Its booting for me

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Although havent tested installing or mounting zips

Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson now Free

ironman38102

Sep 9, 2012
Manama
OnePlus 7T
Logcat?

***Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson*** now Free

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Do a adb logcat>logcat.txt

***Its going to be LEGEND---wait for it----DARY!-Barney Stinson*** now Free

canne

Aug 10, 2007
CWM & custom roms

I tried flashing a custom ROM, but it fails on an assertion about dvice == mintss.
I looked in the zip, and insiode build.prop there is mintss.
What is CWM expecting?
How can I debug this?

Thank you

canne

Aug 10, 2007
I extracted the 2 files, modified mintss with mint, repacked them (with the zip command), but now I get:
script aborted (no error message)
[...]
(Status 7)

Downman

Oct 11, 2013
Unfortunately does not work properly there is a problem with your recovery you ..

Detail

I've installed a copy Stock and then you make a factory reset does not happen the problem you have installed your recovery you .. Then you make a factory reset stops on the word Samsung and re-entry once again went to the recovery and you make a factory reset, Restart, and the same problem!!

I hope to resolve this problem in the near

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Please do not inbox me. Write in the forum

Unfortunately does not work properly there is a problem with your recovery you ..

Detail

I've installed a copy Stock and then you make a factory reset does not happen the problem you have installed your recovery you .. Then you make a factory reset stops on the word Samsung and re-entry once again went to the recovery and you make a factory reset, Restart, and the same problem!!

Downman said:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2474165

Detail

Tell me your model number with firmware version. Also, are you following the steps in correct order ?

Last edited:

Downman

Oct 11, 2013
Please do not inbox me. Write in the forum

Tell me your model number with firmware version. Also, are you following the steps in correct order ?

Yes followed all the steps

AP: S5282XXAMEA
CP: S5282XXAME3
CSC: S5282OJVAME1

I tried other roms and the result was the same

After factory reset the device refuses access to the system

Do I experience again?

And I wish you specify the file before you experimenter exactly

+

Have you experience re-work factory settings after installing Recovery?

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Yes followed all the steps

AP: S5282XXAMEA
CP: S5282XXAME3
CSC: S5282OJVAME1

I tried other roms and the result was the same

After factory reset the device refuses access to the system

Do I experience again?

And I wish you specify the file before you experimenter exactly

+

Have you experience re-work factory settings after installing Recovery?

Well it seems like you only need to clear the cache of your phone. Turn off your phone and then go into recovery by using voulume+power+home.

Then wipe data and dalvik cache in recovery menu and restart your phone. Be patient, it should reboot. Wait ten minutes, if that doesnot work I will send you further instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS METHOD I USED AND IT IS 100 percent working. FULLY TESTED BY ME. However, I installed Super SU before trying this as I was rooting the device by different methods and found this most easy. Installing SuperSU from market before doing these steps is not required.

METHOD

This should work on both galaxy star. S5282 and S5280

Download CWM recovery
    Download Odin
    Download Super SU

Firstly, boot into odin mode by turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds. This is to ensure your phone has completely switched off.
    Hold down power+volume down+home key. A screen will come asking you to continue. Press voume up key to continue.

Open odin as administrator and then click pda and choose recovery file downloaded from attachment. You will have to unzip the odin and recovery. Sometimes Odin wouldnot show files on desktop so make sure recovery is in DRIVE:/ANY NAME/ RECOVERY.TAR

Flash it by clicking start.

The phone will restart.

Switch off phone again. This time boot into recovery by pressing this combination. Hold down power+volume up+home key You may leave power key after you see model number.

Choose flash zip via recovery and choose SuperSU.zip

Restart phone after flashing the zip

YOU ARE ROOTED WITH CUSTOM RECOVERY. ENJOY

Update SuperSU from market if needed

ODIN FLASHABLE FILES FOR SAMSUNG
    http://samsung-updates.com/

GIVE PROPER CREDITS IF USING MY RECOVERY AND TAKE PERMISSION BEFORE DOING SO.
    I followed the procedure but its still coming android stock recovery ???

1) Download Odin, CWM tar, and superuser zip.
    2) Install Odin
    3) Copy superuser zip file to Phone
    4) Start Odin and browse for the CWM tar file in the PDA section
    5) Put the phone into download mode (VOLUME DOWN + POWER, then VOLUME UP)
    6) Connect Phone to PC
    7) Flash CWM with Odin
    8) As the phone is rebooting, take out the battery. This is done to avoid the script install-recovery.sh from reinstalling stock recovery
    9) Put battery back and boot into recovery (VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER, Release POWER after first vibration)
    10) Install superuser ZIP from CWM, you are now rooted
    11) Reboot phone
    12) Install root explorer or ES File explorer and enable root operations and /system mount on them.
    13) Find /etc/install-recovery.sh and rename it to install-recovery.sh.bkp
    14) Repeat steps 4 to 7
    15) Reboot. You should now have CWM and Root.
    did you built the CWM ?? or some one built it mention everything about it devv..
    did you built the CWM ?? or some one built it mention everything about it devv..

The CWM has been ported and I did the work for that!

Thanks bro, its nice to have a working cwm for our Star.

Enjoy mate!
    Hello

I have received few requests for developing a new version of CWM for Samsung Galaxy Star. I'll reply to everyone here :

Firstly, the cwm that was posted by me was a test version that I developed using a friend's device. He wanted his phone rooted, and I tried with methods that were posted at xda but failed. So eventually I made this recovery for him which was meant to root it ONLY.

Later I thought it might be useful to many others at xda, I posted the recovery here.

Unfortunate though, I have lost most of my data regarding this recovery and that's why there hasn't been any device tree posted by me.
    Unfortunately I can not be of any help as I don't have the device anymore and I find it really hard to find time for development. I hope you'll understand!

However in case I DO find time, I'll try my best to be helpful to all of you.

Good luck !!

Regards