[Q] *sigh* Root frustration...HELP

Search This thread

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
I bought my daughter a Visual Land Prestige 7g. There is a crap ton of stuff on it that a 7 year old just does not need, so I decided to root it...or so I thought. I don't know what else to do. I have tried the simple root tools. I have downloaded and installed adb, and sdk, Nothing I try has worked. I am not a tech whiz, but I'm not a complete moron either. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated because I HATE to be defeated! Lol! :p Oh, I'm running windows 8 x64 in case that is relevant.

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
Also, I would like to add that

This tablet IS equipped with google. It has gmail, and google play store stock. Everything runs off of your gmail account that you enter when you first set it up. It is the 7G, not the 7L, or 7D which do not have google. Not sure if it makes a difference, or not.

rahulraz

Dec 31, 2013
Patna
www.gamesplaza.tk
Try Cydia ImpacTor

This tablet IS equipped with google. It has gmail, and google play store stock. Everything runs off of your gmail account that you enter when you first set it up. It is the 7G, not the 7L, or 7D which do not have google. Not sure if it makes a difference, or not.
Download and install cydia impactor to root your device.
Download Here-www.cydiaimpactor.com
After Download Enable USB debugging Nd Connect ur Device To Pc . ..
Nd open cydia nd Click on drop.su/....
Now ur Rooted
Just Install Super User Nd Busybox
Press Thanls If I Helped.

Reactions: Cheykenzie

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
Ok.

Try To Quote Me As I Will Get Notification
Press Thanks If I HelpeD

I tried quoting you on the last one, but it wouldn't let me because your quote contained an external link, and I haven't posted here enough to post external links ;) Anyway, I have cyndia installed, but it says "no device found". I noticed that the tablet shows up in device manager, but not in the This PC (my computer) folder. Any idea why that would be? It shows up in device manager as Android > Android ADB Interface.

rahulraz

Dec 31, 2013
Patna
www.gamesplaza.tk
I tried quoting you on the last one, but it wouldn't let me because your quote contained an external link, and I haven't posted here enough to post external links ;) Anyway, I have cyndia installed, but it says "no device found". I noticed that the tablet shows up in device manager, but not in the This PC (my computer) folder. Any idea why that would be? It shows up in device manager as Android > Android ADB Interface.
Did U Enable Usb DebugginG or have Right Drivers for Pc?

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
Yes, and no.

Did U Enable Usb DebugginG or have Right Drivers for Pc?

Someone else suggested to use the impactor, but said to use snappea first since it will install the needed drivers automatically. I did that and it worked. I am rooted. However, I still can't uninstall any of the bloatware. I have tried 3 uninstallers, and they all go through the motions and say the apps were deleted, but they are not. Superuser is granting access to them, so I don't know what the deal is now.

rahulraz

Dec 31, 2013
Patna
www.gamesplaza.tk
Try Root Checker

Someone else suggested to use the impactor, but said to use snappea first since it will install the needed drivers automatically. I did that and it worked. I am rooted. However, I still can't uninstall any of the bloatware. I have tried 3 uninstallers, and they all go through the motions and say the apps were deleted, but they are not. Superuser is granting access to them, so I don't know what the deal is now.
First Download Root Checker nd see U r Rooted Or Not if yes simply install Busy Box

Reactions: Cheykenzie

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
ok

First Download Root Checker nd see U r Rooted Or Not if yes simply install Busy Box

Ive tried two root checkers and both say im rooted. ive tried two su apps thinking maybe one wasnt functioning properly, but no change. I also tried es file explorer but it wont switch to rw. Just tried busybox, and I dont recognize any of the "applets" it is showing, plus its showing them all as "applet is currently not symlinked/installed. info about this applet could not be found". All these apps are doing is uninstalling the updates.

rahulraz

Dec 31, 2013
Patna
www.gamesplaza.tk
Need?

Ive tried two root checkers and both say im rooted. ive tried two su apps thinking maybe one wasnt functioning properly, but no change. I also tried es file explorer but it wont switch to rw. Just tried busybox, and I dont recognize any of the "applets" it is showing, plus its showing them all as "applet is currently not symlinked/installed. info about this applet could not be found". All these apps are doing is uninstalling the updates.
What Do You Want From device then?

rahulraz

Dec 31, 2013
Patna
www.gamesplaza.tk
Try Link 2 SD

I want to remove the bloatware from it.
Only This Much ...
Note -Dont Use Any Unistaller Plz as It Will Remove Important App also ....
Instead Of That Just Freeze It ....
Download Link2Sd Nd open
It will Say Some Message like this
create mount ext-1234
cancel it
now goto System App There nd Free the App u dont want or u can simply uninstall That..
Press Thanks IF i HelpeD.

Cheykenzie

Jan 11, 2014
I tried that

Only This Much ...
Note -Dont Use Any Unistaller Plz as It Will Remove Important App also ....
Instead Of That Just Freeze It ....
Download Link2Sd Nd open
It will Say Some Message like this
create mount ext-1234
cancel it
now goto System App There nd Free the App u dont want or u can simply uninstall That..
Press Thanks IF i HelpeD.

Freezing them will not free up the space I am trying to free up. Here is another thread I am discussing this on with a little more info. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49390823#post49390823

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try Cydia ImpacTor

Download and install cydia impactor to root your device.
    Download Here-www.cydiaimpactor.com
    After Download Enable USB debugging Nd Connect ur Device To Pc . ..
    Nd open cydia nd Click on drop.su/....
    Now ur Rooted
    Just Install Super User Nd Busybox
    Press Thanls If I Helped.
    Try Root Checker